• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Yay! My Due South Season 1 DVDs arrived yesterday

crofootski

Regular
I don't know how many people watched that show, or even know what it is, but I'm thrilled. It's one of my top 10 shows, and one of only 4-5 shows on DVD that I am or will be buying. I'll be enjoying these shows while waiting for B5 S2 and DS9 S3. :)

I thought it was a good show, but it didn't get a fair airing here in the UK.

Like, that's anything new for UKTV.

Some of my all-time favourite TV moments came from that show, e.g.:

* A train full of mounties (including Leslie Nielsen) bursting into song while being gassed, quickly followed by Benton having the top of his hat taken off by a low bridge while kissing Thatcher on said train's roof.

* Ray blowing up his own classic car to get rid of the bad guys.

* Ray carrying a blind Benton through a Canadian forest singing "California Dreamin".

And those are just the ones that I can describe in less than 400 words! Great show!

Didn't know it was out on DVD, may have to check that out.

:cool: :D :cool:

I thought it was a good show, but it didn't get a fair airing here in the UK.

Erm Zootie are you living in the same UK that I am. It was fully shown by the BBC and Sky. Infact the BBC liked it so much they co financed the third season.

This is a fantastic show, and I just got the DVD set a few weeks back. I had forgotten how good this show is. Its funny and quirky without being weird.

The only down side its a flipper and I do not believe the disc 2 and 3 will last long befor it gets scratched becase of the way they fit in the box.

I agree. Great show. I don't think many people realized how good it was. I loved the dog and how it was named after a canadian prime minister.

5 points to anyone who can name the dog. No cheating (looking on the internet or dvd or history book)

By the way if you collect 100 points you win the admiration of your peers. Good luck. :p :D

I have been watching the series over the last week or so. Is this classed as cheating? Not sure about the spelling, its Defenbacer. And isn't it a wolf and not a dog?

Erm Zootie are you living in the same UK that I am. It was fully shown by the BBC and Sky. Infact the BBC liked it so much they co financed the third season.

Yes I am, I have very clear recollection of the BBC really messing about with when the show was shown, changing days and timeslots. I'm not saying it wasn't shown fully, I'm saying it got messed about in the schedules. This was over five years ago, and I didn't have Sky then, so I can't comment on Sky's scheduling at that time

Dief! Diefenbaker! He was deaf and could read lips. I really liked the episodes he was in more prominently. The one in the last season ("Dief's in Love?") was excellent. That's the one where he tries to rescue his lady-friend and gets caught by the creeps selling pets to a laboratory.

Fraser thinks Dief's gone mad and goes after him...quite a moving moment in the episode, actually.

I have been watching the series over the last week or so. Is this classed as cheating? Not sure about the spelling, its Defenbacer. And isn't it a wolf and not a dog?

You win. Congrats. I think you're right, it is a wolf. You are on your way to winning the respect of your peers.

I don't know how many people watched that show, or even know what it is, but I'm thrilled. It's one of my top 10 shows, and one of only 4-5 shows on DVD that I am or will be buying. I'll be enjoying these shows while waiting for B5 S2 and DS9 S3. :)
:eek: due South on DVD?!! Off to amazon I go..

Why wouldn't amazon.com have access to amazon.ca dvds? Aren't they the same company. And it's not like it's amazon.us
Does amazon.ca ship to the US? dvdsoon is more expensive.

Re: Yay! My Due South Season 1 DVDs arrived yeste

Wow. Something available in Canada (Land of the Gipped) and not in the States. Lemme savour the moment ....
.. OK, yeah, amazon.ca ships to the US. You can also check chapters.ca . And thank you for supporting the Canadian economy :D

Re: Yay! My Due South Season 1 DVDs arrived yeste

Wow. Something available in Canada (Land of the Gipped) and not in the States. Lemme savour the moment ....
.. OK, yeah, amazon.ca ships to the US. You can also check chapters.ca . And thank you for supporting the Canadian economy :D
So you're saying it needs help? :p
I have to use a currency translator to figure how much real money I'm spending on it.
:D :D

Why wouldn't amazon.com have access to amazon.ca dvds? Aren't they the same company. And it's not like it's amazon.us

The company that has put the DVD out only have the distribution rights for Canada. I hear the Momentum will be distributing in the UK. No idea about the US. But damn this for being a flipper.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back