• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Quotes Book

crofootski

Regular
Has anyone heard anything about the Babylon 5 quotes book, "But in Purple, I'm Stunning!"? Schedule, whatever?

This was the last word from JMS about the book but maybe someone else has some more info:

Aug.28.2002
<font color="orange">The book, plus emails and suggestions, is being compiled now, and they're targeting February, the 10th anniversary of B5, for the pub date.

jms</font color>

On the subject of quotes, does anyone know how to write "We live for The One, we die for The One!" in Latin? I have designed my own letterhead using an Isil Z'ha logo and Celtic lettering from Crusade, I think it'd be a really neat touch to add a latin quote to the logo, especially a relevant one. I'm hoping use it to communicate with diplomats hustlers entrepeneurs and wanderers of all kinds. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here's my best take at "We live for the one, we die for the one." in latin:

Vivimus duci, morimus duci.

Vivo: to live (1st person, plural, "Vivimus")
Morio: to die (1st person, plural "Morimus")
dux, ducis: leader, general, commander, et al. 3rd declension, dative case, "duci".

That's the best I can remember... Its been a few years. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Tim

Back