• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Mini update to B5Scrolls. For anyone who might have missed this.

Triple F

Regular
New section on the alien prosthetics (NOT part of the download version yet). Interesting interview with Jim McPherson who designed and sculpted N’Grath, along with (as always) some new previously unseen photos, sketches and even video now. Hope to be adding more over the coming months.

Direct link to the new stuff.
http://www.b5scrolls.com/#Screen3_05_1

This is just a half dozen of the 11 new pages that can be found within the Artwork section, under “A Bit About Aliens”
SampPages.jpg

Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/B5Scrolls

Last edited:
Found it funny that the much better looking seated version (with the extra limbs and potentially animatronics and operators) was considered unsuitable because it would cause issues if N’Grath had to walk around. As it turned out the standing version never really moved anyway, and jms decided to send him out the airlock after negative comments on the boards.

I always kinda dug N’Grath in a ‘slightly clunky old school FX’ kinda way. Then again, I always like the use of puppets and animatronics on Farscape. Worth noting that The Gathering featured way more of this kind of stuff, and a Gorilla manning the bar. A shame those elements were toned down.

I'd much rather have great characters and stories, and more realistic alien body forms, even if it means some use of special effects.

Is N'Grath really any less realistic in look than the 'all-aliens-look-like-us' assumption that we eagerly suspend disbelief for, in virtually every science fiction show?

I'd much rather have a show that thinks realistically than one that looks realistic.

I'd much rather have great characters and stories, and more realistic alien body forms, even if it means some use of special effects.

Is N'Grath really any less realistic in look than the 'all-aliens-look-like-us' assumption that we eagerly suspend disbelief for, in virtually every science fiction show?

I'd much rather have a show that thinks realistically than one that looks realistic.

Speaking of which, I liked the shimmering effect used on the Drakh emissary in S4E11 "Lines of Communication."

Yes, that was effective, if annoying to look at. It only added to the general feeling of discomfort when they were in the scene. It made its point, and without 3D glasses. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back