• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Attention forum Moderator!

Ubik

Regular
Looking for a mod to sort this out...

Kevin Long (Republibot 3.0 on here) just posted the following on facebook. Can anyone help him get his account reset?

Republibot 3.0 said:
Well, that's annoying as frack. I've been a member of B5TV.Com for at least five years now, it's the last B5 site I participate in, not that there's a lot of choices anymore. Somehow I got logged out, and I can't log in. Forgot my password or something. "Ok," sez I, "Well, I don't call myself 'Republibot 3.0' anymore, anyway, I'll just re-register under 'Kevin Long.'" Alas, I can't do it. It won't let me. Says my email account is already used, and no matter what I try (Which ...admittedly isn't much because I'm an idiot and can't think of a lot of options) gets me nowhere.

So basically I'm locked out, and will never be able to get back in again.

I want back in. I was in the middle of several conversations. On the other hand, there's really only about five people who still post there, so I'm not even sure if I should try to figure it out. I mean, I got a ton of other crap going on, I don't really have the spare time.

First World Problems, I know. If anyone FROM B5TV.COM sees this, sound off.

Simple answer is to set up a new email address in yahoo or google and use that to register a new account. Personally I use a nonsense email account purely for forum registrations – it cuts down on the spam to my proper account tremendously.

Or just have someone email his password to him & if he really wants to change his name he can have a mod do that too... then he keeps his account & he gets the name he wants.

No need to create an extra account on B5tv.

Last edited:
Or just have someone email his password to him & if he really wants to change his name he can have a mod do that too... then he keeps his account & he gets the name he wants.

No need to create an extra account on B5tv.

Great, can someone please email Kevin (Republibot 3.0) his password, or a reset password.

Tell him to just try to log in with his name... it'll take him to a page with a link that will send him an email.

Tell him to just try to log in with his name... it'll take him to a page with a link that will send him an email.

True, that should help him get back in, but if he wants to change his handle from Republibot 3.0 to Kevin Long, that'll probably take an Admin. or AntonyF.

My apologies for the delay in dealing with this issue.

I have sent Republibot 3.0 a password reminder email. Hopefully, that will sort it out. If not, post back here or send me a PM.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back