• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Did Anybody's Sunday Paper (1/13) Have Anything on B5:LotR?

KoshN

Super Moderator
Did Anybody\'s Sunday Paper (1/13) Have Anything on B5:LotR?

Mine, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette didn't,
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
just a TV listing.

TV Week Pg. 53

TV Week Pg. 54

TV Week Saturday "Highlights"

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited January 15, 2002).]

Re: Did Anybody\'s Sunday Paper (1/13) Have Anything on B5:LotR?

Same thing with the San Diego paper. Hey, a "highlight" is actually good, though--those are the things the paper recommends to viewers.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gkarfan:
Hey, a "highlight" is actually good, though--those are the things the paper recommends to viewers.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er...., I included the scan of the Highlights section to show that B5:LotR wasn't mentioned.
frown.gif

However, Rob Owen just got back to me, and it turns out that a review will be in Friday's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Let's hope it's favorable. [Fingers-Crossed emoticon]

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

I don't think our local reviewer is a SF-fan, so I'm a bit nervous about his review, if he does one for Rangers.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gkarfan:
I don't think our local reviewer is a SF-fan, so I'm a bit nervous about his review, if he does one for Rangers.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm nervous about Rob Owen's review, and he was a B5 fan and had a bit part in Crusade.

When I picked up the Sunday paper, I was hoping that the cover of TV Week would have been devoted to Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers "To Live and Die in Starlight" and that there would be a favorable article inside, but nooooo. The cover and article were devoted to that damn Monday Night Mayhem. It's not enough that this time of year is wall-to-wall sports, now we have to have another show about sports broadcasting.
crazy.gif

[Much Swearing emoticon] Saturday, I spent three hours over at my step-sister's and her husband's place and the entire time was spent with him switching back and forth between football, several college basketball games, and golf.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Someone else hasn't mentioned this yet, so I will:

Entertainment Weekly's TV section is a mixture of reviews and "snippets" about upcoming programs. They listed B5LR, but didn't review it.

The description was:

BABYLON 5: LEGEND OF THE RANGERS
Science fiction shows never die, they just resurrect as movie franchises. Here's another prime example.

That's all it said. I guess it's better than getting reviewed and having the review be negative.

------------------

The Cleveland Plain Dealer didn't as far as I know. I really only read the sports section and the weather page and anything else that happens to catch my eye, but I don't think they would run any B5 ads anyway.

------------------
With a salad fork and a couple of purple wombats I could rule the galaxy.

In our local TV Guide (not the actual guide, but the one printed for the paper), Ian Spelling writes a column called "Inside Trek," which used to deal primarily with ST stuff, which got boring pretty quick. Lately though, he's expanded into all things Sci Fi and this week, his colum was on B5 LOTR! He wrote an excellent column, and as soon as I can find it on the web, I'll send a link!

Also, IMDB had a great on-line ad today for LOTR. I'll post the jpeg under another topic.

I wish I could just sleep until Saturday at 9 PM, 'cause it's getting hard to stand the anticipation!

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back