• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Region 2 (and 4) screwed again!

Oatley1

Beyond the rim
They've done it to us AGAIN!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have just picked up the Region 4 copy of the Movies Box Set and guess what? There are only commentaries for 'Thirdspace', 'River Of Souls' and 'Call To Arms'!

I have just checked Amazon.co.uk and it looks (from the blurb) like that it is the same:

Jesus Trevino (Thirdspace)
JMS (River)
JMS & Mike Vejar (Call)

And OF COURSE, R1 has commentaries for ALL FIVE!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'AM SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW! ARRAGH!!!!
:mad:

Yeah, the R4 box set has all five movies - but only has commentary for 'Thirdspace', 'River' and 'Call'. :mad:

I gather that R2 is the same.

This is why I still haven't bought the movie box-set and season 5. I have a multi-region player, but I want them in PAL for quality and and region in 2 so those of my friends with region-locked players can borrow them.

Yeah, the R4 box set has all five movies - but only has commentary for 'Thirdspace', 'River' and 'Call'. :mad:

I gather that R2 is the same.

No, R2 only includes the three movies Thirdspace, River of Souls and Call to Arms. The other two movies had already been released in R2 separately (though without commentaries), so in their wisdom WHV left them out of the R2 movies box. :)

Now that is just ridicilous. It was left out in R2 probably because they had sold ITB and TG as fully fledged releases as opposed to the R1 "promotional release". One likes to think that WHV in the UK will later release separate special editions of these movies to make the "upgrade" optional for those who bought the inital releases.

Now as I understand it R4 had a similar release to R1 for IBT and the TG meaning that they were not going to go the same road as R2...but they probably used the R2 master which has resulted in this.

One likes to think that WHV in the UK will later release separate special editions of these movies to make the "upgrade" optional for those who bought the inital releases.

Give it some time.. At the moment the old versions are still on the shelves, presumably still selling, and I guess its simply a case of WHV not wanting to undercut its own sales..

It was left out in R2 probably because they had sold ITB and TG as fully fledged releases as opposed to the R1 "promotional release".

Now as I understand it R4 had a similar release to R1 for IBT and the TG meaning that they were not going to go the same road as R2...but they probably used the R2 master which has resulted in this.

Not true. The only difference between the R1 and R2 release of ItB and TG was that in Region 2 they came on two separate discs costing around £15 each, whereas the R1 release came on a double-sided disc costing $15. In all other respects they were identical, and certainly not what I would consider "fully fledged releases".

It was left out in R2 probably because they had sold ITB and TG as fully fledged releases as opposed to the R1 "promotional release".

Not true. The only difference between the R1 and R2 release of ItB and TG was that in Region 2 they came on two separate discs costing around £15 each, whereas the R1 release came on a double-sided disc costing $15. In all other respects they were identical, and certainly not what I would consider "fully fledged releases".

Fully fledged in price and that they were seperate releases....but certainly not in any other meaning of the word such as extras etc. :)

The Warner Brothers???

warnerbros.gif

Well, since reading the post won't make it go away as read, perhaps posting after it will "trip a switch?"

Hello all,

Has no one realised that also with the PAL 4 Movie Collection set, the first two movies are only available in 2-channel sound. Whereas, the NTSC (as I understand it) has all movies in 5.1 DD sound :mad:

Is Warner Bros head related to Bill Gates :confused:

I bought the movie collection in the sales last week, and what a dismally cheap product Warners have decided to put out. The menus are stolen straight from the Region 1 discs, but they feature images from In the Beginning and The Gathering, which aren't even in my R2 set. No individual cover art for the movies, and the commentary blurb on the back of each case is wrong on River of Souls and A Call to Arms, it just copies over Thirdspace's. Terrible. And to think they want £30+ for this at full price. Shame on you Warners UK.

Back