• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

TNT's Crusade Promos - How Off-Base Were They?

KoshN

Super Moderator
TNT\'s Crusade Promos - How Off-Base Were They?

Note: stuff in square brackets [ ] are words on the screen.

crusadeTNTpromo.mov

Gideon: "We're in a state of planetary [PLAGUE] alert."

Drazi: "Every man, woman [NO ONE IS SAFE] and child of your world will die."

Makes it sound like the Drazi launched the attack. Taken out of context. Misrepresentative. :rolleyes:

Ensign James: "Earth has been quarrantined [EARTH'S ONLY HOPE] with some kind of a plague."

[RENEGADE RANGERS] :rolleyes:

Dureena: "My world is dead."

From "War Zone." Nothing to do with the virus. That was the Shadow Planetkiller that destroyed Zander Prime, Dureena's world.

Trace: "I don't plan on being dead anytime soon."

Announcer: "Six renegade rangers. If they don't find a cure, Earth is history."

But they're not yet renegade, and were never rangers. :rolleyes:

Gideon: "Ready main guns. Fire!"

Announcer: "Crusade, a special limited series [NEW SERIES] from the creators of Babylon 5. Watch [WEDNESDAY JUNE 9, 10PM ET/PT] the premiere, Wednesday June 9th at 10, only on TNT."

"Limited Series" TNT "CYA" BS! : :mad:

[WHO]

[WILL]

[LIVE]

Drazi: "I do not want your kind in a blind panic."

false sentence

...and they fade to black on the clip of Keffer getting scragged by the Shadow Battlecrab from B5 Season 2.

Why weren't all of the shots from A Call to Arms and the Crusade episodes? Right before [NEW SERIES] they showed a clip from "In the Beginning" of Sheridan's first (of two) mines taking out the Blackstar. Aren't promos supposed to be representative of the series they're promoting?

crusadeTNTpromo2.mov

Announcer: "In the year 2267, ...

At least they got the year right.

...[EARTH RULES THE GALAXY] ...

Earth rules tha galaxy??? What series were they watching? Earth is not the IA, and even the IA does not "rule" the galaxy, or even it's small portion of the galaxy.

...an alien race has infected Earth with a virus [PLAGUE] that
kills with no fear, no pity, [NO ONE IS SAFE] no remorse.

When't the last time you saw a plague that showed fear, pity or remorse?

... Earth's only lies in the hands of six people with one
mission. Search the galaxy. Find a cure at any cost."

Drazi: "Every man, woman and child of your world will die."

Again, taken out of context. Misrepresentative.

General: "There's your ship. A one of a kind prototype."

[PROTOTYPE EXCALIBUR]

Matheson: "She's gonna ram us."

Gideon: "Ready main guns. Prepare to fire. Fire!"

Announcer: "No allies.

No allies???? What?!? Tons of allies! Every race in the IA is their ally. :rolleyes:

...[EARTH'S ONLY HOPE] No rules. And failure [RENEGADE RANGERS] means one thing, [SAVE 10 BILLION LIVES] the end of mankind."

From "War Zone." Nothing to do with the virus. That was the Shadow Planetkiller that destroyed Zander Prime, Dureena's world.

Announcer: "Explore the galaxy with Earth's last, best hope. [NEW SERIES] Crusade, a special limited series from the creators of Babylon 5. Watch the premiere, Wednesday June 9th at 10, only on TNT." [WEDNESDAY JUNE 9, 10PM ET/PT]

Gideon: "I thought I told you to stay below decks."

Galen: "If I'm going to die, I'd rather do so in a room with a view."

[WHO]
[WILL]
[LIVE]

...and they fade to black on the clip of Keffer getting scragged by the Shadow Battlecrab from B5 Season 2.

What does Keffer have to do with any of this?

TNT\'s Crusade Promos - How Off-Base Were They?

Note: stuff in square brackets [ ] are words on the screen.

crusadeTNTpromo.mov

Gideon: "We're in a state of planetary [PLAGUE] alert."

Drazi: "Every man, woman [NO ONE IS SAFE] and child of your world will die."

Makes it sound like the Drazi launched the attack. Taken out of context. Misrepresentative. :rolleyes:

Ensign James: "Earth has been quarrantined [EARTH'S ONLY HOPE] with some kind of a plague."

[RENEGADE RANGERS] :rolleyes:

Announcer: "Six renegade rangers. If they don't find a cure, Earth is history."

But they're not yet renegade, and were never rangers. :rolleyes:

Gideon: "Ready main guns. Fire!"

Announcer: "Crusade, a special limited series [NEW SERIES] from the creators of Babylon 5. Watch [WEDNESDAY JUNE 9, 10PM ET/PT] the premiere, Wednesday June 9th at 10, only on TNT."

[WHO]

[WILL]

[LIVE]

Drazi: "I do not want your kind in a blind panic."

false sentence

Why weren't all of the shots from A Call to Arms and the Crusade episodes? Right before [NEW SERIES] they showed a clip from "In the Beginning" of Sheridan's first (of two) mines taking out the Blackstar. Aren't promos supposed to be representative of the series they're promoting?

crusadeTNTpromo2.mov

Announcer: "In the year 2267, ...

At least they got the year right.

...[EARTH RULES THE GALAXY] ...

Earth rules tha galaxy??? What series were they watching? Earth is not the IA, and even the IA does not "rule" the galaxy, or even it's small portion of the galaxy.

...an alien race has infected Earth with a virus [PLAGUE] that
kills with no fear, no pity, [NO ONE IS SAFE] no remorse.

When't the last time you saw a plague that showed fear, pity or remorse?

... Earth's only lies in the hands of six people with one
mission. Search the galaxy. Find a cure at any cost."

Again, taken out of context. Misrepresentative.

General: "There's your ship. A one of a kind prototype."

[PROTOTYPE EXCALIBUR]

Matheson: "She's gonna ram us."

Gideon: "Ready main guns. Prepare to fire. Fire!"

Announcer: "No allies.

No allies???? What?!? Tons of allies! Every race in the IA is their ally. :rolleyes:

...[EARTH'S ONLY HOPE] No rules. And failure [RENEGADE RANGERS] means one thing, [SAVE 10 BILLION LIVES] the end of mankind."

Announcer: "Explore the galaxy with Earth's last, best hope. [NEW SERIES] Crusade, a special limited series from the creators of Babylon 5. Watch the premiere, Wednesday June 9th at 10, only on TNT." [WEDNESDAY JUNE 9, 10PM ET/PT]

Gideon: "I thought I told you to stay below decks."

Galen: "If I'm going to die, I'd rather do so in a room with a view."

[WHO]
[WILL]
[LIVE]

What does Keffer have to do with any of this?

Re: TNT\'s Crusade Promos - How Off-Base Were They?

Uh, I think it was a Drakh who said that?

But yes, very misleading!

Great job Kosh - they really were WAY off base. Although I like the screencaps and Eilerson better!

hehehe

-Tim

Great job Kosh - they really were WAY off base. Although I like the screencaps and Eilerson better!

hehehe

-Tim

"Racing the Night" (dream sequence at the beginning)

General: "And it is our firm belief that Captain Gideon is the right man for this job. His reputation..."

Drazi Ambassador: "We are aware of your captain's reputation. He has taken part in more battles during peacetime than most officers face in a major war. His latest involved one of our captains who was justifiably upset after losing everything he owned in a card game, LOSING TO YOU."

Gideon: "He bet everything he had on a bluff, not my fault."

Brakiri Ambassador: "General, we recognize that Earth will die unless you can find a cure for this terrible virus offworld, but we cannot allow passage through our respective areas of space until we are sure that this will not lead to an incident."

General: "Captain Gideon was chosen personally by President Sheridan to lead this mission. As head of the Interstellar Alliance and the one who is providing us with the Excalibur, ..."

Drazi Ambassador: "It still requires out approval! Since you enjoy gambling Captain, I will make a wager with you. Agree, and we will allow you free passage in any area of our jurisdiction."

Gideon: "What's the bet?"

Drazi Ambassador: "You say this virus will become active in five years. At that point, every man, woman and child of your world will die, correct? Then we will give you permission to move freely for four years. If you cannot find a cure for the virus by then, you will spend the fifth year in orbit around your homeworld."

Gideon: "Why?"

Drazi Ambassador: "As the day of planetary death looms closer, your people will become desperate, frightened, irrational. Many of them will try to escape from Earth. You will stop them by personally shooting down any ship trying to leave.

General: "Ambassador!"

Drazi Ambassador: "We do want your kind spreading this virus to our worlds in a blind panic! What will it be Captain? Will you agree to shoot down your own ships, kill your own people, if you cannot find a cure in four years?"

General: "Dammit Captain! You should never have agreed to that! You might as well have made a bet with the Devil."

Gideon: "For what's at stake sir, if I could find him, I'd bring the cards myself."

General: "Well, there's your ship, a one of a kind prototype, the best ship we've got. Good luck with her, son, because unless we find something at home to beat that damned virus, you and your crew and that ship, are the last best hope of Earth. Don't screw it up."

"Racing the Night" (dream sequence at the beginning)

General: "And it is our firm belief that Captain Gideon is the right man for this job. His reputation..."

Drazi Ambassador: "We are aware of your captain's reputation. He has taken part in more battles during peacetime than most officers face in a major war. His latest involved one of our captains who was justifiably upset after losing everything he owned in a card game, LOSING TO YOU."

Gideon: "He bet everything he had on a bluff, not my fault."

Brakiri Ambassador: "General, we recognize that Earth will die unless you can find a cure for this terrible virus offworld, but we cannot allow passage through our respective areas of space until we are sure that this will not lead to an incident."

General: "Captain Gideon was chosen personally by President Sheridan to lead this mission. As head of the Interstellar Alliance and the one who is providing us with the Excalibur, ..."

Drazi Ambassador: "It still requires out approval! Since you enjoy gambling Captain, I will make a wager with you. Agree, and we will allow you free passage in any area of our jurisdiction."

Gideon: "What's the bet?"

Drazi Ambassador: "You say this virus will become active in five years. At that point, every man, woman and child of your world will die, correct? Then we will give you permission to move freely for four years. If you cannot find a cure for the virus by then, you will spend the fifth year in orbit around your homeworld."

Gideon: "Why?"

Drazi Ambassador: "As the day of planetary death looms closer, your people will become desperate, frightened, irrational. Many of them will try to escape from Earth. You will stop them by personally shooting down any ship trying to leave.

General: "Ambassador!"

Drazi Ambassador: "We do want your kind spreading this virus to our worlds in a blind panic! What will it be Captain? Will you agree to shoot down your own ships, kill your own people, if you cannot find a cure in four years?"

General: "Dammit Captain! You should never have agreed to that! You might as well have made a bet with the Devil."

Gideon: "For what's at stake sir, if I could find him, I'd bring the cards myself."

General: "Well, there's your ship, a one of a kind prototype, the best ship we've got. Good luck with her, son, because unless we find something at home to beat that damned virus, you and your crew and that ship, are the last best hope of Earth. Don't screw it up."

So they cut part of one characters speech and overlaid it on another character's picture? For heaven's sake, why? What could possibly be the point? They really were very strange people at TNT :rolleyes:

So they cut part of one characters speech and overlaid it on another character's picture? For heaven's sake, why? What could possibly be the point? They really were very strange people at TNT :rolleyes:

So they cut part of one characters speech and overlaid it on another character's picture?

[Kosh] Yes. [/Kosh]

For heaven's sake, why? What could possibly be the point?

To make a character say what they want him to say. Probably, the same reason they gave JMS "Notes." They think they can write sci-fi.

They really were very strange people at TNT :rolleyes:

They're meddlers and cobblers (def.: clumsy workmen.). ...and they don't know Drama, either! :devil:

So they cut part of one characters speech and overlaid it on another character's picture?

[Kosh] Yes. [/Kosh]

For heaven's sake, why? What could possibly be the point?

To make a character say what they want him to say. Probably, the same reason they gave JMS "Notes." They think they can write sci-fi.

They really were very strange people at TNT :rolleyes:

They're meddlers and cobblers (def.: clumsy workmen.). ...and they don't know Drama, either! :devil:

It makes me think of Sports Night, when JJ and a couple executives came in on the rundown meetings and tried to tell them how to do their show. Which stories to run, and why THEY THINK that they should be run.

Made me sick thinking that marketing executives could tell sports journalists with years of experience, how to do their jobs. :rolleyes:

Rommie :eek:

It makes me think of Sports Night, when JJ and a couple executives came in on the rundown meetings and tried to tell them how to do their show. Which stories to run, and why THEY THINK that they should be run.

Made me sick thinking that marketing executives could tell sports journalists with years of experience, how to do their jobs. :rolleyes:

Rommie :eek:

These promos were shown on TNT over 2 months before the series actually started. I don't think that there were enough actual scenes or information available to them yet from Crusade to make any accurate promos. They just used their "creative license" to add the shots from B5.

These promos were shown on TNT over 2 months before the series actually started. I don't think that there were enough actual scenes or information available to them yet from Crusade to make any accurate promos. They just used their "creative license" to add the shots from B5.

Well, they had A Call to Arms, War Zone, Racing the Night, and Each Night I Dream of Home, because they used clips from that movie and those episodes. That should have beeen enough material to make a 1 minute promo and a 30 second promo. The Blackstar clip clearly didn't belong, but they probably wouldn't have been aware of that, since they obviously knew very little about Crusade.

Well, they had A Call to Arms, War Zone, Racing the Night, and Each Night I Dream of Home, because they used clips from that movie and those episodes. That should have beeen enough material to make a 1 minute promo and a 30 second promo. The Blackstar clip clearly didn't belong, but they probably wouldn't have been aware of that, since they obviously knew very little about Crusade.

hehehe

-Tim

Thank you. Thank you very much. - KoshElvis

hehehe

-Tim

Thank you. Thank you very much. - KoshElvis

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back