• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Well, . . Got my Season 5 dvd. . .

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
Too bad he didn't mention whether or not the discs fall off the hubs and get scratched while he was praising the packaging. Guess I'll find out for myself soon enough.

Got my set saturday in the mail all disks were in their hubs.
I only got to look at the first episode but the transfer looked really good, best of the entire set. :)

I just got back from Best Buy with my S5 set. As I've done in the past, I opened the box before leaving the store. Sure enough, the first box was missing disc 1. The second box had all discs with no scratches. I'm off now to watch.

Frank

This is tlsmith1963. I used to be gkarfan, but I forgot my password & had to re-register. :( Anyway, I bought my B5 Season 5 set today, & I immediately went to the commentaries like I usually do. JMS got through the SiL commentary better than I would have. I always cry through the whole thing. Anyway, isn't it great that we can finally have the entire series on DVD? Yesss!!! :D

Tammy

I haven't gotten my set yet, but I am happy to hear about the choices for episodes with commentary (although it would have been cool to have one for "Day of the Dead", especially if they had Gaiman sit in on it). Can't wait to see it.

Anyway, isn't it great that we can finally have the entire series on DVD?

I will be happy when the movie set comes out. Then I will consider the entire series complete (you have to have "The Gathering" to get the whole scope of the story).

Don't have the DVD myself, so I can't check this, but on the Trek BBS, someone said that in the SiL commentary, JMS used the phrase "The Myth of Sheridan." The suggestion was made that this might be what TMoS stands for. Don't know if this was one of the choices already guessed by fans (which JMS said included the right answer)....

According to a full page advert in SFX magazine (i know, i know), the R2 S4 Dvd's will have a new style of packaging, with small pull out sleves for each DVD, much like the Farscape full series R2 DVD's. I'll try and provide a scan if i can remember. Hopefully that should solve the slipping DVD problem, for us R2 folks at least. ;) But we will have to wait 6 motnhs+ for S5 :rolleyes:

Off on a slight tangent for a sec, i've just got my R2 S2 pack, and the Minbari cruiser on the artwork inside is upside down?? Is that normal for everyone :confused:

I wish I knew what was going on at amazon.com. They usually ship on the street date, or one day prior. I am still waiting for my email to tell me it's shipped. :( Not too much point in advance ordering this time around it seems.

Off on a slight tangent for a sec, i've just got my R2 S2 pack, and the Minbari cruiser on the artwork inside is upside down?? Is that normal for everyone :confused:

I have the R1 version of season 2 and it has the Mimbari cruiser upside down. I think this was discussed here when the R1 set first came out. How the QA department at WB let this get by, I have no idea. :confused:

Woo .. Amazon.ca was nice to me. :D They shipped the season 5 set to me (in Estonia) on the 5th .. was here on Tuesday already, i.e. on the official release date. I just didn't get around to picking it up from the postoffice until today.

All discs were present and nicely on their hubs, no disc loose or anything .. nice. :D I think I've had at least 1-2 loose discs in all the previous sets but none scratched badly, so I've been very fortunate all in all.

I just got the email from amazon.com, mine shipped today, two days after the street date. :( Still with a little luck I may get it on Saturday.

I had to return my season one set because of a scratched disk, but even though all my others have had at least one disk loose, none were badly scratched. Here's hoping for no loose disks in my season 5. :D

Here is my dilemma. I got S5 on Tuesday, and watched the first Episode, but so far, I am 80% of the way through Season 3 on Deep Space Nine DVDs I got. I think I wanna go completely through DS9 before finishing up B5. Im in the DS9 mode right now, so snapping in and out of B5 would be a challenge. :)

That actually sounds like a better idea. I hate being distracted from something I'm really into with something that has suddenly appeared in front of me.

Yea, where I screwed up was I waited for the 4th Season B5 release to start watching the entire series over from the begining again. Basically, a month or so before that release I started with Season 1 and by the time the DVD was released, I just finished Season 3. Then went through Season 4. I should have done that for the final season and gone right through. There was a big enough break in it as it was. Now I wanna get through DS9 before I finish off B5.

It's probably a good time to do that. S5 to me is almost a completely different story. It's something that can be waited upon. It's almost worth the delay in watching, just to have "clean slate".

I know it has been about a decade but I still love Boxlitner trying to show knowledge of the show but not quite getting it right. He does admit on this one that they rehearsed so little that there was no time to figure out what was going wrong but his "didn't shorter hair mean higher status for the Centauri" bit still gives me a chuckle.

Back