• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Got a favorite cast member...? Adopt one!

Sounds terrific! I'll take Peter Jurasik or the Boxleitners, if you'll have me. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lennier:
<font color=yellow>Should it be needed, I could try to assist with some material regarding Mira. Not that I would be of much help. I'm quite clueless about recent developments.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

If Antony awards Mira to me.....your help would be appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

FlarnChef, I still have Mira's letter to her countrymen that she wrote to explain when she left (fled, actually). If you'd like a link to it, just let me know. It's pretty powerful.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hypatia:
<font color=yellow>FlarnChef, I still have Mira's letter to her countrymen that she wrote to explain when she left (fled, actually). If you'd like a link to it, just let me know. It's pretty powerful.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Thanks. As a matter'o fact I even printed it out awhile back for friends to read. Powerful, heartrenching, and totally frightening once one learns what she went through...............let alone her country!

<font color=yellow>I think Mira is one of the bravest people we have. I hope she continues to find quality work like B5.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

She seems to be concentrating on family right now. She has also stated her negative feelings of the performing arts here as being too $$$ driven. AND that is true, but there are excellent regional theatre companies, but that would mean .. family seperation.

Looks to me like quite possibly we may need to double up on actor addoptions. The interest has slowed up some, and many actors haven't been adopted....... /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif

Who? I might be interested in taking on one of the more minor ones. So many guest parts and recurring characters were so well written and well played on B5!

God, I miss that show. I miss any JMS project. But not quite enough to double my cable bill to get a package with Showtime. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

Not to speak on behalf of Antony, but I thought his main idea was to have this project for only the main cast members at first of B5, Crusade, and Rangers. I imagine that if this takes off, he would open it up to guest cast members such as Morden, Lorien, and whoever else. Either way we need a few more people to step up to the plate to make sure this goes well. Its a fun venture and worth a try.

It sounds like a great idea, but I'm afraid I would vary wildly between being able to keep up with the info. gathering and not being able!

Maybe I could adopt a cast member for the summer and see how it goes.

<font color=yellow>God, I miss that show. I miss any JMS project. But not quite enough to double my cable bill to get a package with Showtime. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

<font color=orange>Amen, sister!</font color=orange>

Adoption for the summer.....I love it....."How I spent my summer vacation with a former alien." /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Looks like I'm not the only person out there who is fascinated of Mira guess I'm to late for her :-(
But well living in Austria I probably have more personal experience and knowledge about the situation down in Yugoslavia back then and now
back then.. *wishfully hoping*
I really must say I'm fascinated by her, as an actor and as a person. Plus, If smiles could kill, hers could shatter plannets i think.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ChiLlBeserker:
<font color=yellow>
I really must say I'm fascinated by her, as an actor and as a person. Plus, If smiles could kill, hers could shatter plannets i think.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif I'm with you! something about that smile!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ChiLlBeserker:
<font color=yellow>Looks like I'm not the only person out there who is fascinated of Mira guess I'm to late for her :-(
<hr></blockquote></font color=yellow>

**If Antony so deems me the caretaker of Mira, I would welcome the help about her homeland.......I have been tryng to cut thru all the crap on line to find info and it has been frustrating trying to plowing thru data that is available....
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr><font color=yellow>
I really must say I'm fascinated by her, as an actor and as a person. Plus, If smiles could kill, hers could shatter plannets i think.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

**Have you seen any of her other work? I recently purchased When Father Was Away on Business, and she is so young and so wonderful and so very "un Delenn" I am hoping to get some more of her work, but little of it is subtitled......but I don't really care.......her face is so expresive!

<font color=yellow>FlarnChef, I still have Mira's letter to her countrymen that she wrote to explain when she left (fled, actually). If you'd like a link to it, just let me know. It's pretty powerful.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I would also greatly appreciate a copy of said letter. If you still have the link on you ofcourse.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/~mfinfostation/miraltr.htm>http://www.geocities.com/~mfinfostation/miraltr.htm</a>

i don't think its the same link she has but it's the same content.

Another copy can be found at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.impossible-dream.net/miras_letter.htm>this</a> address. [Edit - although it seems that Sigh has already provided a link.] As for affairs related to Mira and her homeland... I am not well informed. The closest language to Croatian which I know is Russian. Reading a slightly similar language with a different alphabet is quite some trouble, although not entirely impossible.

<font color=yellow>
Chilling, isn't it?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Chilling and utterly beautiful. It’s has to be one of the most emotionally taxing things I’ve ever read in my life, it’s just so incredibly full sadness, and yet a sense of hope.

I see that no one has taken Stephen Furst, good old Vir. He wrote a book recently about how he cured himself of diabetes, I believe. He'd be fun to report on. I enjoyed him so much as Vir.

Perhaps I should mention that I dont' know any HTML code, though! But I can type in commands once I know them. I thought I'd better warn you, though! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back