• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Za'thras ... Zath'ras ... Zat'hras? :)

Loadhan

Regular
Za\'thras ... Zath\'ras ... Zat\'hras? :)

Anyway ...

So been waiting for "Babylon Squared" to repeat again and the first instance of the great Zathras on screen. I did see this when it first aired but not much B5 for awhile after that. First time I watched the reruns, I laughed incredible in the one episode (I can't remember if the first or second appearance of the new actor as the 'younger' Draal) where the B5 main characters (either Sheriden and Delenn or Susan - depending upon which episode) leave his halls and Draal walks around going "Zathras! Zathras! Never around when you need him." or something like that.

So, long way around to it, my question is ... what was the reaction of those who had watched the series from beginning to end and saw that scene - remembering Zathras from the mysterious "Babylon Squared" episode? I alrady knew the outcome - I having seen "War Without End" before most of the first three seasons. That alone is pretty the one moment I miss most about not having watched them in order. So I wonder at the reactions of those who had not known there was a connection. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Also, it seems Zathras in B^2 was the first to utter "The One" and "We live for The One, we [would] die for The One." If memory sevres, that phrase is not mentioned again until we first see Rangers - though I'm not sure if we hear it in season 2 or early season 3. Still, did anyone watching them in order catch the relation of phrases?

Loadhan

"Cannot run out of time! Time is infinate. You are finate. Zathras is finite. This ... is wrong tool. No, no, never use this."

Re: Za\'thras ... Zath\'ras ... Zat\'hras? :)

I loved him! he was great.
I've mumbled the thing about math once or twice.

I only fully appreciated Zathras when I had seen the entire arc! in the first series he was unusual and amusing. Then as the story progressed I realised he was way more than a bumbling, mumbling character put into the storyline for mere entertainment value

Zathras love everyone. Everyone love Zathras. No one love work. Everyone make Zathras do work. It's okay. Zathras love work.

I love that guy

I wonder how much he has been mentally twisted living and I guess being bred by the Great Machine.

I think one or two of the Z brothers did a little too much time travelling! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

I think Zathras was very funny. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Aye , Zathras was a funny character .. had charm and character .. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Zathras dominates! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Wasn't there something he said like:
"Zathras like dirt. Dirt gets walked on all the time. Much like Zathras." /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

/Com

Zathras badly in need of a comb, a brush even!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Zathras was a great character, espically when he's talking how how he has no one to talk to except the walls, dirt, and bugs. :p

I could never quite figure out if his clothes were alive or dead. Didn't matter much, he stile was one of the more intersting characters!

That's funny Bob. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Yeah, I'd say Zathras certainly had interesting attire.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by superbob:
<font color=yellow>I could never quite figure out if his clothes were alive or dead. Didn't matter much, he stile was one of the more intersting characters!</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Oh, they were alive. Anything alive ignored him, so he could only converse w/ inanimate objects - dead things. He'd have addressed a monologue to his shirt if he could've.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Darkwing:
<font color=yellow>Oh, they were alive. Anything alive ignored him, so he could only converse w/ inanimate objects - dead things. He'd have addressed a monologue to his shirt if he could've.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Fair enough, actually he would chatter to anything be it alive or dead!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back