• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Got a favorite cast member...? Adopt one!

Demon

Beyond the rim
Are you extending this to Crusade, too? If so, I'd be willing to take on Gary Cole...

...mind wanders for a moment, then snaps back to attention...

assuming it didn't require any great skills with web page building? While I could give the links, provide updates etc, I have absolutely no knowledge of how to turn it into a page!

Oh! Oh! Can I have Myriam Sirois??? I've taken classes on web page design. (well, only one officially, but I've done a lot more in the past on my own)

In answer to both your questions, yes. It can carry on to Crusade and Rangers. Although with Rangers, some of the work has been done by me. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

No web-page building will be necessary, it'll be done by me or via an interface by you. The most you'll need is basic HTML, bold tags etc. Dedication and good spelling are more important. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Dedication and good spelling I can do /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif The rest? Hmm, we'll have to see...

Interesting idea! I assume it would be similar to what you already have for some of the B5LR cast member pages?

I am a bit swamped right now with Jeremiah stuff but I could always give it a whirl with Alex (as it ties in with Jeremiah), Warren or Myriam (I like challenges and they don't have much information out there). That is of course, if you don't find someone else more suitable. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Antony, you are a cruel man. I'd love to adopt Delenn (Mira Furlan) but I'd do a terrible job. I don't even know what she is doing these days. During what I call "pre-finals madness" she could be elected to godhood and I would not know about it or report it for at least two weeks.

You are a cruel man, Antony! /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif I hope someone who knows what she is up to will take on the job. She is worth it. She is a supreme actress with something I'm not used to from famous people: a real conscience. She deserves a better “editor” than I am.
/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif (Weeps. I might do a good job during the summer, when I have time to get caught up on things school-wise. But I know myself well enough to say: may someone else take on this job.)

This is very old news, but I still like to post it whenever I have an excuse to. With the world situation being what it is right now, I want to mention this again.

This is Mira Furlan's letter to her countrymen in terms of racial war, racism, and the horror of living in Yugoslovia/Croatia. It just shows what kind of a great human being Mira Furlan is.
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/~mfinfostation/miraltr.htm>http://www.geocities.com/~mfinfostation/miraltr.htm</a>

I'd "adopt" Andrea Thompson, but only if I'm allowed to constantly make crude, vulgar, sexually suggestive comments about her.

Or not.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
<font color=yellow>I'd "adopt" Andrea Thompson, but only if I'm allowed to constantly make crude, vulgar, sexually suggestive comments about her.Or not.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

It would be fun to see MGKE's head explode if you let him "adopt" Andrea Thompson, but ONLY under the condition that he never says or implies anything crude, rude or unusual.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Sorry, MGKE, I just have to pick on you or this doesn't seem like home anymore. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif No Rangers series on Sci-Fi. We need an emoticon for weeping. *weeps*

This sounds like a very good idea, actually.

*volunteers to adopt Pat Tallman* /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AntonyF:
<font color=yellow>I'm looking to launch something that I wanted to start at my own site but never got off the ground. But I may launch an adoption scheme, where... basically... you adopt a cast member.

This means that their page at B5LR.com is yours. You can ensure that relevant links are on the page, relevant news on what they'r doing career wise, bio information etc.

Probably requires more work initally, getting it going. But after that it's just a case of keeping an eye out for news etc. and keeping B5LR.com visitors updated.

Does anyone think this sounds good, and anyone volunteer for particular actors? Doesn't require a lot of time, just requires commitment to keep the page up to date.

Post here and give us your views. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
VERY Interesting Idea. I'd be down for trying it out.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dulann:
<font color=yellow>This sounds like a very good idea, actually.

*volunteers to adopt Pat Tallman* /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I think Joe D may have the market cornered on Pat Tallman. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I'd do it in a second, but I'm so busy right now I hardly have time to do the newsletter for Lyta. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Call me in May.

I'd love to do Marianne Robertson, the female dome tech from season 1!! Did you also realize that she played the hostage in The Gathering? Actually, I guess I'd rather do Michael O'Hare, although I really don't think he's done all that much lately.

I would <font color=red>love</font color=red> to adopt Mira, but it seems she has some takers. BTW...she is booked along with Jerry to do the Motor City Comic Con this summer in Detroit! <font color=red> ROAD TRIP! </font color=red>
Second choice..........Bill Mumy, please.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FlarnChef:
<font color=yellow>I would <font color=red>love</font color=red> to adopt Mira, but it seems she has some takers. BTW...she is booked along with Jerry to do the Motor City Comic Con this summer in Detroit! <font color=red> ROAD TRIP! </font color=red>
Second choice..........Bill Mumy, please.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

*looks at FlarnChef's profile*
*sees FlarnChef has been here longer*
*sighs*
If you want Mira you can have her, it's only right.

why don't you work together. I think all this is too much for one person anyway. Someone can work on background and another can work on current info

Back