• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Who`s your fav B5-character ?

I may get shot down for this but I must admit that I liked Bester. Now, now hear me out. Every show needs someone that everybody loves to hate.
Everytime he helped B5 out it was motivated by self interest, yet that one occasion when his lover was recovered, it was interesting to see that he had an achilles heel.
Still , I really enjoyed it when he butted heads against the various characters

Out of such a cast of exceptional characters, it is hard to choose. I would say Delenn, for her personality and that smile.

The next one would be Ivanova, for her dry wit and refreshing pessimism.

I guess Ivanova would make a good 'nest' one. Lyta was my favorite female on B5, especially when she stuck up for herself, and the teeps.

Not only that i thought that she was quite cute. Not beautiful in the convenbtional sense of the word but she had a definite appeal. Furthermore I have to agree with what you said about her character strengths, she stood up to the Vorlons!
I was actually quite glad that they brought her back, I honestly preferred her to Talia!

Hmmm... good question. Very good question. Made me think, and that hurts quite a bit.
I think my all time favorite B5 character would have to be G'Kar, or Marcus, or maybe Londo, or Delenn. Damn its hard to pick just one.
But I'll go with G'Kar and Marcus as my two most favorite characters... I think /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Icarus

Hmmm, tough question, they all got alot going for them.

Mine would have to be <font color=orange>Neroon</font color=orange> and <font color=orange>Marcus</font color=orange> tied for first.
<font color=orange>Delenn</font color=orange> and <font color=orange>Zathras</font color=orange> would be locked in at second.
And Kosh needs to up here somewhere too, for sure.
[/brown]

<font color=green>Sheridan was too "Military" to beat anyone out completely

Lyta came ' ' this close from mopping the floor with Lochley and using her bigest crush to do it, not cool in my book

The good Doctor Franklin was a little too quiet through the series, except for the Walkabout, trying to save the Child of the Egg, and his trip to Mars with Marcus, he really never carved a nitch for himself in the noticed list.

Mordan didn't have the good sense to die when Sheridan nuked the shadows, but he did give Vir a prime moment....

Ivanova really SHOULD have baffed Marcus at least once, I really never forgave her for not doing that

By the time I get through watching the series again Sinclair will probably be in my top 5, he has grown on me, he talks like a Minbari

</font color=green>
Well, now that everone who are fans of these people want to <font color=red>frag</font color=red> me, I'll be departing now....oh and Zack and Lochley are growing on me too, but I still see Zach in Grease, and Lochley in a million B grade movies flashing her womanhood.......uh, yup

I usually say Delenn when people ask this question. But in reality, I think it was the combination of the characters that finally hooked me into the show B5. Obviously it was not the plot arc: you have to watch a series for a period of time to even know that an arc is being used. Actually, the idea was unheard of to me at the time.

What got me watching “next week” once I did start watching B5 were the characters. But it is impossible for me to imagine one without the whole group.

And B5 has some of the best writing for female parts that I have ever seen (and sadly, probably that I ever will see). They were characters that were allowed to have flaws, be interesting, yet stay true to their sense of honor and purpose.

I am not saying that these characteristics aren’t in the male parts as well. I’m just saying that it’s relatively rare (especially in science fiction) to see them in the female characters. For so long women in sci-fi were sad jokes and bad stereotypes. It is such a pleasure to see something different.

Back