B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old December 23rd 08, 07:55   #31
KoshN

Re: Movie and seasons order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elipsis View Post
It would be a huge mistake to watch In The Beginning first. Yes it's pretty much a prequel / flashback... but it spoils seasons one through four, ffs.
Yes, it's best right before Sleeping in Light, because it's told by Londo in 2278 and it's best to have all but Sleeping in Light under your belt when you watch In the Beginning. That way, ItB fills in the little bits that you heard about, but never saw. Suddenly, what Sinclair said way back in Midnight on the Firing Line about how the Narn will sell to anybody who can afford the credits, gets some context. Ditto for what G'kar told the human weapons supplier when he (G'Kar) was trying to buy weapons to resist the Centauri occupation on Narn.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd 08, 15:45   #32
Elipsis
Commander

I watched it between Seasons 4 and 5. I was trying to break up the movies a little bit, so it was.

-Objects at Rest
-River of Souls
-Sleeping in Light
-A Call to Arms
Elipsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th 08, 02:04   #33
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elipsis View Post
I watched it between Seasons 4 and 5. I was trying to break up the movies a little bit, so it was.

-Objects at Rest
-River of Souls
-Sleeping in Light
-A Call to Arms

See, that doesn't work for me:

In the Beginning (told in 2278)
-Objects at Rest (Dec. 2262)
-River of Souls (2263)
-Sleeping in Light (2281)
-A Call to Arms (Dec. 2266-Jan.2267)
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
Old December 24th 08, 05:28   #34
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Does anyone else think it's awesome and yet just a little odd that we know everything in this universe by date?

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th 08, 16:16   #35
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

The good thing about watching In the Beginning as the penultimate part of the experience, isthat it nicely brings the quality level back up in time for Sleeping in Light. It's the best of the movies in my opinion.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th 08, 19:12   #36
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
Does anyone else think it's awesome and yet just a little odd that we know everything in this universe by date?
It means that it's sufficiently real to us to remember it this way, by date, and that dates matter.

And no, I didn't have to look up any of those dates.
Old December 24th 08, 19:40   #37
KoshN

Nice avatar, Santa from the Vorlon (and evolved Human) homeworld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
The good thing about watching In the Beginning as the penultimate part of the experience, is that it nicely brings the quality level back up in time for Sleeping in Light. It's the best of the movies in my opinion.
In the Beginning and A Call to Arms both get top marks from me.
Old December 24th 08, 19:47   #38
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
Nice avatar, Santa from the Vorlon (and evolved Human) homeworld.
Thanks... thought I'd go for a seasonal variant (having already experimented with Commie Galahad)

Quote:
In the Beginning
Quote:
and A Call to Arms both get top marks from me.
Yes A Call to Arms comes a close second for me... but In the Beginning edges it. I have a few minor quibbles with ACtA that knock it down just a little.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th 08, 20:34   #39
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Yes A Call to Arms comes a close second for me... but In the Beginning edges it. I have a few minor quibbles with ACtA that knock it down just a little.
That's about right. I didn't mean to imply that they were equal, just that compared to the rest of the B5 TV movies, these are far and away the best. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, I'd give In the Beginning a 10, and A Call to Arms a 9.5.
Old December 26th 08, 10:16   #40
Galacid
Lurker

I have just been informed by Amazon.co.uk that my order for Babylon 5: The Complete Collection + The Lost Tales is the following: "Unfortunately, we are unable to offer this item for sale. Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.

What a gutter!!! Does anyone know where I can get the exact same one?
Galacid is offline   Reply With Quote