• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

FREELANCER

Demonn

Regular
There better be some other people out there playing this game because I want to talk about it!
I bought it on Monday so I haven't gottten that far yet but I'm allready lovin it. It makes school so much more fun. :devil:

If for some strange reason you've never heard of this game... go buy it, right now! :cool:

I've got it. It does get a little boring after you've finished teh story line (unless you either play it online or you liked Elite). Still, I was quite happy it ran on my machine (700MHz Athlon) - time to upgrade in time for Half Life 2 methinks.

I haven't finished the story yet so I don't know what I'll do when the game is finished... I'll probably just get a Titan, become a pirate, and blow up everything that I see. :devil:

I figure I got a ways to go yet though... I just made it to Britonian space so I know that I got alot of places to see yet... and as soon as I find a Kusari Battleship, I'm buyin myself a Dragon Heavy Fighter... they look cool. :cool:

I made it to Kusari space last night... and it took me a half hour to find a Battleship (The Myoko). I bought my Dragon got some guns for it and went out to kick some a$$. :devil:

Now all I gotta do is work my a$$ off to get enough money to eventually buy a Titan. :p

I'm now leaning toward the Outcast faction now (since their missions pay about 140k and I still haven't got a top of the line ship yet).

Did I mention how I thought the opening cinematic was very B5-esque?

Did I mention how I thought the opening cinematic was very B5-esque?

Um... I don't think so.
One of the stations that I docked with reminded me of B5 a little though. ;)

I think it was mainly because of the narrator. If you got him to say 'It was the dawn of the Third Age of Man...' then you'd think it sounded like the S1 opening. Just my opinion anyways.

For those of you out there that care... I got my Titan. :devil:
... and the weapons I got for it can chew through anything. :D

I got a Sabre. Incidentally, since there are Nomads still in Outcast space (in the gas cloud near Planet Malta) and their weapons don't have any energy usage (which is sweet).

Hopefully there will be an expansion soon. I've started playing the game from the start again.

I played a demo of this game today. There were many bugs, well mostly the sound. And the lack of axis invert is putting me off getting it.

But it seemed intriguing, and pulled me in quite well.

I always liked Inner Space, and really Freelancer is an update/rip off of that. http://www.sdispace.com/inspace.htm But it does mean I'm predispositioned to the game's gameplay.

Never played Inner Space so I wouldn't know if it's a rip or not. I still like to think of it as an update though. ;)

In case you don't know, Freelancer is actually the sequal to Starlancer... If you watch the intro movie at the begining of Freelancer it sets up the whole story pretty good. I haven't played Starlancer yet but I'm gonna buy it soon, just to check it out. :D

I'd say an update of Inner Space too. Inner Space is very old, but it does share a lot in common.

Starlancer is what I've maybe seen at work, someone was playing a game that seemed in principle like Freelancer.

I don't think there were bugs in the sound - it's just they put the dialogue together in a shitty way (mix and match).

I had a problem with audio as well, I had to reinstall the codec. *shrug*

Freelancer needs an expansion, and more side-mission varieties (it's either kill, or retrieve).

I played a demo of this game today. There were many bugs, well mostly the sound. And the lack of axis invert is putting me off getting it.

But it seemed intriguing, and pulled me in quite well.

I always liked Inner Space, and really Freelancer is an update/rip off of that. http://www.sdispace.com/inspace.htm But it does mean I'm predispositioned to the game's gameplay.

Inner space... My oh my... I remember when I got my 120MHz Aptiva and about 6 months later inner space demo.. It was SO cool game :) Brings all those memories to life I would say...

Inner space... My oh my... I remember when I got my 120MHz Aptiva and about 6 months later inner space demo.. It was SO cool game :) Brings all those memories to life I would say...

*high five*

I think I ran it on my 486 SX... but that was without sound.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back