• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Gene Roddenberry's The Questor Tapes

Interesting, and it looks like they are putting together a good group of people to work on it. Tim Minear is someone who I have come to trust to deliver good quality content between his Buffy/Angel days, Firefly, and other ventures of his. Everything he touches seems to be solid.

I thought it was amusing that they were saying "Wouldn't it be great if we could get Brent Spiner to play the character?" Umm, how about no? Cause that would be just watching Data instead of a new character. I don't see them doing that fortunately.

Either way, it does look like an interesting premise. I also noted that they commented on "The Roddenberry Character" which he did seem to have in every series --- a non-human striving to be human in ways (Spock, Data, Seven of Nine, Holo Doctor, etc). This character seems to fit that mold perfectly. I do hope the likes of Tim do refresh things a bit because while its a cool concept, seeing a Spock/Data like character again wouldn't be terribly original. Hope they infuse it with more than just that.

Still, we will see if this even goes anywhere. It seems to be a long way from being on the screen.

I thought it was amusing that they were saying "Wouldn't it be great if we could get Brent Spiner to play the character?" Umm, how about no? Cause that would be just watching Data instead of a new character. I don't see them doing that fortunately.

This new show definitely calls for a new actor. As good as Brent Spiner was sometimes, he didn't play android great all the time. I still have a revulsion to him playing B4 in Nemesis. A simplistic AI -- aka computer -- system would not behave like a human suffereing from some form of mental retardation. Ugh.

This new show definitely calls for a new actor. As good as Brent Spiner was sometimes, he didn't play android great all the time. I still have a revulsion to him playing B4 in Nemesis. A simplistic AI -- aka computer -- system would not behave like a human suffereing from some form of mental retardation. Ugh.

Which is funny because watching Nemesis has been proven to cause mental retardation.

The possibility of a real science fiction show? Fantastic! And not a Battlestar duplicate, either. Something that's a bit old/new.

I hope it all works out.

P.S. nothing against B.G. I simply mean a kind of show we haven't seen lately.

Last edited:
It did have a decent space battle in it, for the first (and only) time in the TNG films. Who knew that the Enterprise had weaponry. ;)

Agreed, but the rest of the film was absolute drivel. Had such a promising premise and fell flat in almost every aspect.

Ironically I remember the first time in the TNG series when they had the Enterprise D fire its weaponry. The way the Phasers lit up and fired across the arc of its bank, and the torpedoes that shot out and then broke apart into several smaller ones and spread out. I thought it was totally bad-ass. Too bad the times where you got to see that actually happen were very few and far between.

So, based upon a 1970s movie, which DC Fontana actually rewrote (using the best parts of the script, supposedly) and put out a book

Could be cool, but, as several have said, it could just as easily become "Been there, seen that"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back