• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Bad news about Tim Choate

Jan

Regular
Found over on the moderated newsgroup:

<<Subject: Tim Choate R.I.P.
Date: 9/26/2004 10:44 PM Eastern Standard Time
Message-id: <41573CBC.B63DF801@usit.net>

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but the Babylon 5 family
has suffered another loss - Tim Choate was killed in a motorcycle
accident on his way to a play rehearsal Friday night...
Unfortunately, I don't know much more than that right now, but I'll
post more as soon as I hear it...

Fenn>>

Geez, three in one year. Hard to believe we'll never see Zathras again.

I met him one time at a convention and he was very pleasant and interested in the people he was talking to. At a panel he described how he formed the B5 characters he played and it was a lot of fun.

The place where no shadows fall has it's own constellation going.

Jan

Zathras now talk to Great Maker. Much to say...Great Maker being the only one who ever listen to Zathras, except for dirt. Zathras' beings happy now.

Bless you, Tim! You will be missed.

We may have lost three of our family, but through the fire we struggle ahead...for the show must go on!

CE

It's getting harder and harder to even think of words to say when I learn of news like this. These people have put such amazing life into characters that I love. Thoughts and love go out to Tim's family and friends and such.

:(

I saw him at a couple of AgamemCons. I even saw him in a play about robots with Mira Furlan at one of the AgamemCons. He was a nice guy & could be very funny. I hate hearing news like this! :(

Tammy

Just heard the news myself this morning. :(

I never got to meet him, but everything I read about him was good. A great character actor and a good person. He'll be missed.

The nine brothers Zathras are Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door. Good for them, bad for us. :(

Tornadox posted in www.thegalacticgateway.com forums on Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:34 pm

Tim's family asked me to post this message. Feel free to post it to other message boards.

Tim Choate was killed in a motorcycle accident in downtown Los Angeles the night of September 24th, 2004. He was on his way to rehearsal.

He died several weeks before his fiftieth birthday, and left behind a wife and four year old son.

Tim was an amazing actor and an even more amazing human being. Those of you who had the pleasure of meeting him on the convention circuit know that he was genuinely kind to everyone he met. Tim talked about the conventions and his Babylon 5 fans often and fondly, and truly enjoyed being Zathras on screen.

Donations can be sent in lieu of flowers to The Tim Choate Memorial Fund, P.O. Box 861355, Los Angeles, CA 90086. Proceeds will be placed in an educational trust for his child.

I wish I could say that I would.

Unfortunately, when I set up the PayPal account for the Rick Biggs fundraising, I discovered that in order to withdraw money to send to the actual fund, I had to link the PayPal account to a bank account which caused me to open a savings account I didn't really need. Since the checks come made out to Rick's memorial fund, I can't allow people to designate a donation to Tim's fund either.

Hopefully somebody else will be able to.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

Back