• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Preview of S3

Blank cap?

Anyone else notice that jms is wearing a blank cap? Is it possible that this was actually his Jeremiah cap, with the lettering blanked-out? :eek:

Re: Blank cap?

Anyone else notice that jms is wearing a blank cap? Is it possible that this was actually his Jeremiah cap, with the lettering blanked-out?

I guess, but why?

He left Jeremiah after S2, on account of creative differences with MGM. This interview for the B5 S3 DVD was filmed before he quit Jeremiah. Head on over to the Jeremiah forum for further info.

He left Jeremiah after S2, on account of creative differences with MGM. This interview for the B5 S3 DVD was filmed before he quit Jeremiah.

So he erases it from his baseball cap? I have to admit, that sounds a little bit petty to me.

It might have been done not out of pettiness but out of legality. Companies can get rather touchy about their logos appearing places that they haven't authorized them to appear.

Or perhaps it has nothing to do with him leaving Jeremiah, and rather Warner Brothers realizing after Season 2 was released that he was wearing a hat from a production from a rival company (MGM) and they edited it out of the extras in S3 long before JMS announced his plan to leave.

Think about it. He JUST made those comments a couple weeks ago. With an August 12th date pending, any editing like that would have had to happen a LONG time ago to be in the set. This was done far in advance to his announcement about MGM. WB probably didnt realize that he had the hat on during the sessions till S2 was released, then edited it out for future sessions...

It's also a WB website. They may have only brushed it out on the clip. We won't know until the discs are released.

An interesting theory but why hasn't anyone thought of the simple answer? Maybe because it isn't interesting enough to talk about? :p

Maybe ... just maybe ... JMS owns a plain, black cap and decided to wear it that day. :eek:

It sounds like he has been unhappy with MGM for quite a while so perhaps he decided not to "promote" Jeremiah this time around. I really doubt he would have mutilated his Jeremiah cap as I don't think he would be that petty. WB may have blacked it out digitally but that seems like a lot of work for very little return. I would think if they really had a problem with it, they would have -asked- him not to wear something that promotes another show.

Maybe ... just maybe ... JMS owns a plain, black cap and decided to wear it that day. :eek:

You maybe right. But the front of the cap looks kinda fuzzy to me (especially in the first shot of jms). Then again, it is kinda hard to tell with that size/quality of movie file.

I only have enough bandwidth at work to view the clips properly and I can see maybe why you think something fishy is going on with the cap. I viewed the 300k clip at double size ... there is something odd in the way the light reflects off of the top of it.

However, I still think it is just a plain, black cap and perhaps it is just a trick of the lighting and encoding process into video online. ;)

PS: Shouldn't this really be in the B5.related forum? :p

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back