• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Na'Feels card is up

Cern

Regular
Na\'Feels card is up

dang, I'm a topic postin' monkey today.

So, I guess we can assume that

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> the Red uniform = Engineering. This is interesting because this would be the first time in B5 that there has been an "Engineer" character. </font></td></tr></table>

Even Crusade didn't have one.

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

Re: Na\'Feels card is up

Interesting.

I like the shirts. They look functional, at least.

Right, so what are the other colors?

And what does that make Sarah, as she doesn't wear a shirt?

crazy.gif
wink.gif

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

I really like Na'feel's clip. The truth, which was:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> I understand no one else would have me </font></td></tr></table>

tells us a bit more about our ship, the people on it, and just what the Ranger hierarchy thinks of David Martel!

*grins*

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>And what does that make Sarah, as she doesn't wear a shirt? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So... many... jokes... flooding into brain...!

But they're all inappropriate outside the NC-17 forum. Oh channe, you horrible tease, you.
laugh.gif

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
So... many... jokes... flooding into brain...!

But they're all inappropriate outside the NC-17 forum. Oh channe, you horrible tease, you.
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I'm just terrible.

That's not what I meant, and you know it. *grins, and goes to hire the NBS...*

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lennier:
I believe she meant the "Rangers" trading card which is now supposedly available over here.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, Gotcha! Thanks, as always, Lennier!
smile.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
but from the clip, it appears that she has an Ivanova-like sense of humor.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And she swears in her own language. That should appeal to the boys (as well as to us linguists; we've seen written Narn but not spoken Narn!
smile.gif
)

------------------

Kribu, in order to get the high speed the cable connection promises, the Sending site must also be "high speed".

SciFi's servers frequently seem to be overloaded. The second Ranger's trailer had a blazing 2K transfer rate when it was first posted.
A day later (and much later at night) I tried again and got it at about 40K.

I just downloaded the Na'Feel card and peaked at a 200K download rate.

Of course, part of that is also because I was running WindozeME when I downloaded the first couple times.
But, since Windoze comitted suicide on my computer over the Howlidaze, I've installed Linux.
My general impression is that downloads under Linux are about twice as fast as under Windoze.

At a guess, large downloads choke Windoze by overloading it's ability to keep up with all the memory swapping going on.
Linux seems to handle that sort of thing much Faster.

The fastest transfer time I ever saw running Windoze was about 45K. As I just posted, I now occasionally see them jump as high as 200K.
Since it's the same Hardware, the difference has to be Linux.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

[This message has been edited by bakana (edited January 04, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Thanks for the tip, Cern.

**Going to download it now**

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Download WHAT, Kribu?
crazy.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

The Na'Feel trading card at SciFi.com's Rangers site, what else?
smile.gif

And I'm still downloading... strange, sometimes downloads are actually pretty fast (never from the SciFi.com site though) but most take forever. And I have cable.
crazy.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Download WHAT, Kribu?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe she meant the "Rangers" trading card which is now supposedly available over here.

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I really like Na'feel's clip. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally, I thought I might not like this character (from the pictures that are up), but from the clip, it appears that she has an Ivanova-like sense of humor.
laugh.gif
I really like that clip.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Thanks, bakana. SciFi's site has always given me a slow download - 2 KB/sec is something I can only dream of!
lol.gif
- so I guess I've never managed to try any download there at the right time.

Plus it sometimes just stops responding and times out, which is something that has never happened to me with other downloads.

Anyway, just found something funny in the SciFi.com Rangers newsletter, re: the trading card:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Check out our latest -- the Minbari Na'Feel.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Need I say anymore?
crazy.gif
lol.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Anyway, just found something funny in the SciFi.com Rangers newsletter, re: the trading card:

Need I say anymore?
crazy.gif
lol.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, I signed up for that newsletter four times (three times, and I just signed up again, a minute ago), and I'm still not getting it.
mad.gif

Oops! I coulda had a V8! *hits head of encounter suit* Sci-Fi had my old email address (from my previous ISP).
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

I forgot just how long I've been a member.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited January 05, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:

And what does that make Sarah, as she doesn't wear a shirt?

crazy.gif
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, she has to do all that punching and kicking in the gunnery pod, so i'd guess that was for her comfort.

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cern:
Well, she has to do all that punching and kicking in the gunnery pod, so i'd guess that was for her comfort.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course. I was just being annoying. And I paid for it with exposure to our dear GKarsEye. :p Sigh. I'll never do THAT again...
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>And I paid for it with exposure to our dear GKarsEye. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[exagerrated machismo]
Um, yeah, you can expose yourself to me anytime, uh, baby
[/exagerrated machismo]

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
[exagerrated machismo]
Um, yeah, you can expose yourself to me anytime, uh, baby
[/exagerrated machismo]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[anvil dropping from skies]
Just step over there, please.
[/anvil dropping from skies]

blush.gif
laugh.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

Back