• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Cylon, Cyberman, or Borg?

The Doctor

Just felt like making a pointless pick-one thread to try to take my mind off being sick.

Cybermen, for me.. for emotionless beings, they have a certain sense of style.. and especially with the latest incarnation, they're creepy because they're "evil" but with intentions that sound pretty noble on paper. Eliminating suffering, hunger, etc. The Cylons just want revenge, and the Borg are just rampant consumers.

This isn't "who will win in a fight".. although if that helps make the thread live for you, we can throw that in as well. Tough choice between Cylon and Borg. Probably Borg, as they care about tech above all else.. and therefore probably have the most powerful weapons just through the course of assimilation.

There is no deeper meaning to this thread, in case you're wondering. Pure fluff. :drool:

Just felt like making a pointless pick-one thread to try to take my mind off being sick.

Cybermen, for me.. for emotionless beings, they have a certain sense of style.. and especially with the latest incarnation, they're creepy because they're "evil" but with intentions that sound pretty noble on paper. Eliminating suffering, hunger, etc. The Cylons just want revenge, and the Borg are just rampant consumers.

To me its the Borg, there is a certain relentlessness about them, they literally subsume you completely, Their motto is "Resistance is Futile" Their second motto should be "Nothing goes to waste " They make the Cyberman, The Cylons and Daleks seem like such nice guys by comparison. There is other machine race that could possibly be considered in some ways worse then the Borg. They are called The Berserkers a Homicidal Race of Machines created by Science Fiction Writer Fred Saberhagen. Their basic Motto was "All life is Unworthy" their purpose was to exterminate every single from of life including Bacteria. Some of them are as big as small moons and their weapons and their strategy for winning are quite frightening. book one in the Series is called Berserker.its a great series.

Last edited:
Yeah, let's hear it for the Berserkers; awesome robot villians. My favorite story, however, was one that Roger Zelazny wrote... about the weapons the Berserkers had been designed to fight.

Between Cylon, Cybermen, and Borg, I'd have to pick Cylons, though; robots with religious/existential crises that look like Tricia Helfer and Sharon Park are waaaay cooler than any ol' "Resistance is Futile" types.

Re: Make money online,now!

I am one of the final five. Cylons are more sexy than Borg. I would certainly like to die in hands of Cylon babes than assimilated by Borgs.

I'm partial to the cylon in any instance, simply because they have the capacity toward humanity. They have the potential to be erratic, to experience passion (much as humans.) They CAN have the human-advantage to some degree and I feel that puts them in a position of power over the borg (I know nothing about the other.)

But, I will state that these are the resurrection-capable cylons (with a resurrection ship in tact.) Not the "oh noes, no more resurrecting, we're like humans" version.

Back