• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Farscape Returns

anlashok1

Regular
SciFi.com has announced that a four hour miniseries titled "Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars" will be shown on the SciFi channel sometime in the fourth quarter of this year. Yea!!!!!!! ;)

SCI FI. Tsk. Part of me was hoping it wouldn't be them... but any Farscape is good. :)

Indeed. I was very surprised that it was SCIFI that will be showing it. It was my understanding that it was too expensive for them. To paraphrase an old saying, 'there's lies, damn lies, and there's SciFi channel.' :p

:eek: Did Bonnie Hammer die or something? Or did someone finally say, "Ms. Hammer, people think we're crap and we're targeting the wrong audience because we actually thought that we should cash in on real life tv, and the really intelligent people who used to watch our station, don't anymore because we're now a joke. Perhaps we should return to our roots and bring space shows and movies back?" :LOL:

:eek: Did Bonnie Hammer die or something? Or did someone finally say, "Ms. Hammer, people think we're crap and we're targeting the wrong audience because we actually thought that we should cash in on real life tv, and the really intelligent people who used to watch our station, don't anymore because we're now a joke. Perhaps we should return to our roots and bring space shows and movies back?" :LOL:

Is there anyone at SCIFI smart enough to say this? :D

Last year a report came out showing that the Sci-Fi channel can attract 3 types of fans. The Dune mini-series showed that the channel can get good ratings when at least 2 of these groups are involved.

A reality show had to be tried - most people here have watched Candid Camera. We may have grown out of it. Alternatively where as we love fantasy, our jobs can be described as modifying reality from what it is to what it should be. A practical joke programme probably comes under the warning to science fiction writers, the readers may forgive you bending the rules of science but do not try to convince them that it is the truth. Alien practical jokes trigger the wrong sort of emotional response.

Sci-Fi may have found that by sticking to its speciality it can out flank the big channels. When it tries going head to head with them for their viewers it loses.

It will be interesting to see what the viewing figures are like for these programmes.

I wish them luck. :cool:

SciFi.com has announced that a four hour miniseries titled "Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars" will be shown on the SciFi channel sometime in the fourth quarter of this year. Yea!!!!!!! ;)

I hope that this comes to Britain soon. I will look out for it on BBC2.

CNN Headline News ran a quick item on this earlier today. You can find some screencaps here. Scroll further down the page, and you'll get the transcript.

Indeed. I was very surprised that it was SCIFI that will be showing it. It was my understanding that it was too expensive for them. To paraphrase an old saying, 'there's lies, damn lies, and there's SciFi channel.' :p

It's a 4-hour "miniseries," well, actually a 3-hour miniseries, after you subtract the commercials. Actually, it's the equivalent of 2 Farscape episodes.

Alright, so I just watched the season 3 finale: WHAT THE FUCK?! So some wormhole appears and nabs Moya? Man, they better have a good explanation for that in season 4.

(Note: Do NOT tell me what happens. I'm getting the next DVD from Netflix within a couple of days, maybe even today.)

The coin-flipping thing about fate was pretty lame, but other than that the last few eps of the season were freakin' awesome.

By the way, Netflix only has like half-a-dozen DVDs listed for season 4. Is that because the season was shorter, and if so, why?, or is it just because the rest of the season isn't out yet?

By the way, Netflix only has like half-a-dozen DVDs listed for season 4. Is that because the season was shorter, and if so, why?, or is it just because the rest of the season isn't out yet?

S4 will end up coming out on five 2-disk sets, like S2 and one of the 2 packaging options for S3 (S3 was also released in single disk packages; exact same content). So far the first 3 of the 5 are out. The fourth has been pre-orderable for a while and will be out soon. All of the above refers to the Region 1 releases. The R2 releases in the UK have always been about a year ahead of R1 (they just got that distribution deal signed earlier and got started earlier).

Oh, and yes, all of the Into the Lion's Den stuff is great.

My memory is failing me (big surprise, eh? :rolleyes:).
But wasn't Farscape's 4th season cut short?

No, the fourth season was a full 22 episodes.

It was "cut short" in that they had signed 2 year contract for seasons 4 and 5, and SciFi found enough wiggle room in that contract to back out of S5 altogether.

And I just checked one the DVD sites. Volume 4 of season 4 has a release date of May 18th.

They do tackle what happened. But to be honest, it was in an episode that I didn't overly like so didn't realise until second time around. :D

Season four I found the start of really bad the first time around, second time I found it fine. Not sure how you'll find it. :)

Hope that this miniseries would be as wicked as original series were. We demand Crichton... for crying out loud...

So far the first 3 of the 5 are out.

Which is consistent with the fact that there are 6 season 4 DVDs on my queue, which means I'll be without the last 4 discs, or eight episodes.

Then 4 more eps on May 18th, then hopefully the last volume with the last 4 eps shortly thereafter.

Thanks.

By the way, Scorpius was really great this season- both of them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back