• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Email from babylon5scripts.com

Just got my notice that the chronology would ship by Friday. Sweet...

But, the email also had this at the end...

"In October you can look forward to the release of a B5 book that most fans have been waiting 5 years for! "

Any news on what this might be or has it been kept quite?

I don't know what it is, but I'm putting my guess on a book of select quotes.

That is "most fans have been waiting 5 years for." ??? Noooo. I don't know about the 5 years bit, but I'm wanting the CRUSADE scriptbooks about a billion times more than the chronologies book, and that's not much of an exaggeration.

"In October you can look forward to the release of a B5 book that most fans have been waiting 5 years for! "

Any news on what this might be or has it been kept quite?

I'm assuming this will be the Crusade script book, including the scripts for the unfilmed episodes (probably what most people have been waiting for). It may even have some sort of summary for what JMS panned to do in later seasons (but that's just wishful thinking really).

I'm assuming this will be the Crusade script book, including the scripts for the unfilmed episodes (probably what most people have been waiting for). It may even have some sort of summary for what JMS panned to do in later seasons (but that's just wishful thinking really).

Jaclyn just responded "nope, not crusade, though they will be released eventually."

ps. I got an email from the scripts team saying that my copy of Chronologies of Babylon 5 shipped yesterday.

Last edited:
My instinct would be that this is the long-since-thought-gone-for-ever "But In Purple I'm Stunning".

Would there even be a market for that this far down the road? Seems to me that it's time is past.

ps. My copy of The Chronologies of Babylon 5 arrived today.

Last edited:
Would there even be a market for that this far down the road? Seems to me that it's time is past.

No idea ... I was never actually that interested in it in the first place. I am just struggling to think of anything else (bar the obvious things like the Crusade scripts which we already know it isn't going to be) that the fans have been waiting for for the last five years.

Unless they have obtained the rights to re-print all the shrot stories from Amazing Stories and the B5 magazine. I would definitely be interested in that.

No idea ... I was never actually that interested in it in the first place.

Neither was I.

I am just struggling to think of anything else (bar the obvious things like the Crusade scripts which we already know it isn't going to be) that the fans have been waiting for for the last five years.

Understood.

Unless they have obtained the rights to re-print all the shrot stories from Amazing Stories and the B5 magazine. I would definitely be interested in that.
Don't know how they'd do that, since neither magazine exists anymore. Maybe the rights revert to Warner Brothers? In that case, Cafepress would probably have to license the material from Warner Brothers, and they probably would not be able to afford that.

Maybe it's something to do with the novels? Was't there something in the works for those?

As far as I know, no new novels are planned, and nobody at Warner Brothers or Del Rey knows that anybody wants 'em and/or are not at all concerned about it. Evidently, there were too few of us who bought the Del Rey novels, and they aren't interested in doing B5 universe novels anymore. I'd hoped that as good as the Del Rey trilogies were, they'd have sold well after word of mouth circulated that they were vastly better than the majority of the original Dell novels (i.e. 1 thru 6 & 8). and on par with Dell 7 & 9. It might have been the case that having been stung on the crappy Dell novels (1 thru 6 & 8), people didn't even consider buying the Del Rey trilogies. I know some people who felt that way, and absolutely refused to read any more B5 novels. Gharlane of Eddore (who has now passed beyong the rim.) was one of them. I offered to lend him my copies, but he refused to read 'em. :(

Then, there are a lot of people who simply refuse to read (novels), period. They can't be bothered. It's too much effort. The trouble is that they're out of practice. If it was on audiobooks, they might make time and borrow it from a library. Reading is just too much work for some people.

Last edited:
Cafepress would probably have to license the material from Warner Brothers, and they probably would not be able to afford that.
Minor nitpick here. CafePress is the printer and order-fullfiller. It's JMS's company, Synthetic Worlds which put out the JMS script books and Publishing 180 which put out the Other Voices script books. As for the rights to the short stories, I don't know what would be involved. *If* the magazines only licensed the first printing rights, it might be do-able depending on what permissions would be needed from WB.

I'd be interested in a complete comic collection, hard bound.

Unfortunately, since the comics were written by quite a number of writers, that's probably unlikely. But then, that was the original feeling about putting out the Other Voices scripts too, so what do I know? ;)

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back