• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Poll: What about the Crusade DVDs?

Believers

• Bought it, will keep it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bought it, will return it

• Rented it

• Will buy it as soon as I can.

• Will wait to see if they put back the commentary

• Will never buy it

• Put back the commenatry (I work in WB)

• Total voters
Haven't got my set yet (got the shipping notice from Amazon only last week) but I intend to keep it once it arrives. Especially with all the hassle of having to go to the customs office to get it etc .. sending it back to the US just as a sign of protest would be a problem for me, especially as I really don't know if such a protest would help at all or if it actually would just be interpreted as disinterest in the product, as pointed out above.

Plus I want those DVDs. :eek:

The issue itself is quite despicable though. I am not really into listening to DVD commentaries in general, but this one I'd actually have been interested in. And just the whole idea of the studio promising JMS he can speak his mind and then cutting it out without even as much as informing him... :mad:

I won't be buying this (was never a big fan of Crusade, much preferring B5), have my eyes instead on the "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars"-dvd coming in January ;) :D

My copy of Crusade arrived from Loaded247.com, I returned it immediately and I've now received a refund on my credit card.
As suggested, I then wrote to WB Home Video explaining that my action was a direct protest at their apalling treatment of JMS ref his commentary, and NOT a comment on the series itself.
I don't kid myself that this will have ANY impact on WB business practice, but I did what I could anyway. :mad:

My copy of Crusade arrived from Loaded247.com, I returned it immediately and I've now received a refund on my credit card.
As suggested, I then wrote to WB Home Video explaining that my action was a direct protest at their apalling treatment of JMS ref his commentary, and NOT a comment on the series itself.
I don't kid myself that this will have ANY impact on WB business practice, but I did what I could anyway. :mad:

Just floating an idea out there:

Instead of returning the set, how about writing to Warner Home Video demanding a replacement Disc 3 with his full commentary on it, and attaching a printout of JMS's post about it?
JMS 12/10/2004 2:10:05 AM Post About His "Edited" Commentary

That would show demand for the set, and at the same time, dissatisfaction with it's altered content.

Maybe if enough people respond like that, it could cause them to do the right thing and reissue the disc with his commentary as he'd intended???

WB through JMS responds on Crusade DVDs

From JMS:
On the subject of the Crusade DVD commentary...I see another fairy tale looming in the future...WB has agreed, after quite a bit of noise, to remove the commentary that I did from all future pressings of the set, since that was the deal that we had made: use it all, including the explanation of what happened, or use none of it. So those of you who have your DVDs now, and for the next bit, will have that commentary. Those afterward won't. I don't know when the next pressing will be, but whenever that is, is when the change takes place.

Ooh. A dilemma.
The version out now is unfaithful to JMS, so I shouldn't get it. But the DVD with commentary will be a bit of a "collector's item" none the less, and now that WB has agreed to fix the problem, although not in the way we most wanted it's a fair compromise, there's no reason to not buy it. So I'm going to buy it soon, I think. Most likely, the region 2 DVD will not contain the commentary. Ah, well, I'm getting the region 2 release anyway so I can play it in non-multiregion players.

However: I have asked Warner Brothers Home Video in the UK wether they could include the whole, unadulterated commentary. To aid in in this, could somebody please quote the first and last lines of his commentary as they appear on the region 1 release, with the total time lenght of the commentary?

Re: WB through JMS responds on Crusade DVDs

However: I have asked Warner Brothers Home Video in the UK wether they could include the whole, unadulterated commentary. To aid in in this, could somebody please quote the first and last lines of his commentary as they appear on the region 1 release, with the total time lenght of the commentary?

First and last lines, and length, probably won't help you too much as WB editted out the stuff about TNT and replaced it with some stuff from the interview that appears elsewhere on the set.

The likelihood is that the first and last lines, and the length of the commentary are pretty much the same before and after editting.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back