• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

IF There Were Going To Be A Crusade Reboot, Who Would You Cast?

KoshN

Super Moderator
If they could not get or didn't want Gary Cole (my first choice for Capt. Gideon, BTW.), I think I'd like to see Karl Urban in the role. Yes, I know that he's in Almost Human on FOX, bit it's a FOX show and I like it, so it's probably not long for this world.

If they could not get or didn't want Gary Cole (my first choice for Capt. Gideon, BTW.), I think I'd like to see Karl Urban in the role. Yes, I know that he's in Almost Human on FOX, bit it's a FOX show and I like it, so it's probably not long for this world.

Well, Matt Smith is free...:)

Hm. Honestly, I think Ben Browder as Gideon. He's a great lead, and he's got a really good acting style (He interacts differently with each character on the cast, it's kind of neat to watch)

Drew van Acker as Lt. Matheson, I think.

Woodward could still do Galen, but as an older character.

I never liked the casting of Max. I'd go with Keith Hamilton Cobb. He's smart, and he's about the right age to be believable as a world-class archeologist, and he's got an imperious quality that would suit the condescension of the role.

Durena? Just pick any short chesty model with nice legs. Doesn't really matter. For Doctor Chambers....uhm....I dunno. Thing is: we really didn't get much of a sense of her character, so it's hard to say.

I liked the casting of David Allen Brooks as Max.

I loved him! I think he did a great job of being the loyal corporate drone but we were beginning to see him doubting a bit and there was a vulnerability creeping in, too.

Jan

I loved him! I think he did a great job of being the loyal corporate drone but we were beginning to see him doubting a bit and there was a vulnerability creeping in, too.

Jan

Plus, he was becoming more loyal to his ship mates. He was coming around.

Jan

Plus, he was becoming more loyal to his ship mates. He was coming around.

Fine, fine, fine, everyone but me loves Max. Swell.

Who would you cast to play him nowadays? I'm sticking with Cobb as my choice.

Furthermore, who would you cast as Durena and as Dr. Chambers?

Karl Urban in the role. Yes, I know that he's in Almost Human on FOX, bit it's a FOX show and I like it, so it's probably not long for this world.
^ LOL my feelings exactly!
i don't think him has a captain would work very well he's not really a leader type he's snarky(sp) looking which is why his role works so well.

I don't know who i'd cast but if i ever made a list i'd then be sad when they cast it with people i'd never heard of before, Which can also be good some great people out in the world who don't get the exposure others do who might be great.

Karl Urban in the role. Yes, I know that he's in Almost Human on FOX, bit it's a FOX show and I like it, so it's probably not long for this world.
^ LOL my feelings exactly!
i don't think him has a captain would work very well he's not really a leader type he's snarky(sp) looking which is why his role works so well.

Doesn't that sound just like Gary Cole as Capt. Gideon, the gambler, the bender of rules, the one who has some markers he can call in, the one willing to buck authority, etc.?

Meh. I think Shari Bellefonte did a better job.

Shari Bellefonte? Now THERE was some cardboard acting. Shari Bellefonte's scenes with Ivanova were pretty bad, but then again, I don't like most of "Thirdspace."

I was joking. It is curious to me, though, that her lines and Max's lines from Crusade have the same cadence and candor. Almost like her character were a rough draft of his.

And, yeah, thirdspace sucked. Honestly, none of the TV movies were very good.

Doesn't that sound just like Gary Cole as Capt. Gideon, the gambler, the bender of rules, the one who has some markers he can call in, the one willing to buck authority, etc.?

Well, as we're talking about recasting the Gideon part, it makes sense, right?

I just have a hard time seeing Karl being a captain he's a great actor but i don't know he just doesn't have the image i have in my mind lol

I've always been a big fan of Michael Biehn. He'd make a great Captain Gideon.

A little old, don't you think? He's pushing 60

He's 57 according to the interwebs. That's hardly old – if Sly Stallone and Arnie and Harrison Ford and Bruce Willis can still be action stars in their late 50s and 60s, I'm sure Biehn could do Gideon. And why couldn't he be that old? If we're rebooting why not make the captain a little older?

I've always been a big fan of Michael Biehn. He'd make a great Captain Gideon.

A little old, don't you think? He's pushing 60

He's 57 according to the interwebs. That's hardly old – if Sly Stallone and Arnie and Harrison Ford and Bruce Willis can still be action stars in their late 50s and 60s, I'm sure Biehn could do Gideon. And why couldn't he be that old? If we're rebooting why not make the captain a little older?
To be fair to both points.
Lots of older actors can do minor roles with fair ease on television and other, Shanter was doing Tv and he's super old lol
But also Television is draining and being a main very focused on, having to do action scenes character would be rather taxing, He might just be able to pull it off, if he's in his peak, but is the pay worth it for what he'd have to do?

People in B5 after all were having pay issues television isn't really a high paying job unless its super popular, I don't see older actors jumping for a captain role often unless they really wanted to do it.

Lots of older actors can do minor roles with fair ease on television and other, Shanter was doing Tv and he's super old lol

He's 82. He's got a surprisingly good career. But he's not playing the leading man in an action/adventure series.

People in B5 after all were having pay issues television isn't really a high paying job unless its super popular, I don't see older actors jumping for a captain role often unless they really wanted to do it.

Yup. True. BSG was able to get two oscar winners on the principle cast by giving them parts that were really, really attractive to them.

He's 82. He's got a surprisingly good career. But he's not playing the leading man in an action/adventure series.

Yup. True. BSG was able to get two oscar winners on the principle cast by giving them parts that were really, really attractive to them.
Also Scott Bakula (sp) from Quantum leap he's getting on in age, and yet he jumped into Enterprise to be a captain because he really wanted to do it.
But being Babylon 5 and not very active or overly popular i can't see anyone ready to jump into a leading role if they don't know how the show is going to turn out in the first place.

Also Scott Bakula (sp) from Quantum leap he's getting on in age, and yet he jumped into Enterprise to be a captain because he really wanted to do it.
But being Babylon 5 and not very active or overly popular i can't see anyone ready to jump into a leading role if they don't know how the show is going to turn out in the first place.

Oh, I'm sure there's a lot of people, particularly among former genre actors. Stargate made a virtual industry of stunt-casting people from dead SF series to fill out their ranks. Jewel Staite, Robert Piccardo, Claudia Black, Ben Browder, Walter Koening, the chick who played Inarra from Firefly, who's name escapes me now, and various others in less prominent parts. They jump at that kind of thing.

I'm sure someone talented could be found who'd be happy to do it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back