• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Claudia Christian's "One Little Pill" Documentary

Jan

Regular
Many of you are already familiar with Claudia's campaign to educate folks about Naltrexone, a prescription medicine that's shown great success in the treatment of alcoholism and addiction.

Claudia's C Three Foundation has shot a documentary and is just starting an Indiegogo fundraiser to raise funds for post-production. Check out the official Indiegogo page at
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/one-little-pill

Jan

I hope they get sufficient money.

Then we have to get TV companies and organizations to show it.

All well and good if it works, and if it helped her, but DOES it work, and did it help her, or is it just an endorsement deal to get a little money? I'm asking. I don't know. This review here http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member..._pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview (3rd from the top) suggests the latter, but all or most of the other reviews are pretty happy with the book. Over here on Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Method#Evidence_of_efficacy it suggests that it seems to help 75% of the time.

So does anyone know more about it than this? I mean, does it actually work, or is it a celebrity fad thing?

So does anyone know more about it than this? I mean, does it actually work, or is it a celebrity fad thing?

Definitely NOT an endorsement thing and, having read Claudia's book, I'm convinced that Claudia's sincere in her campaign to help spread the word about the Sinclair Method.

A lady who's been helping Claudia with the fundraising campaign generously shared a table that she'd been offered by the Space City Con (she was selling 'Free Babylon 5' t-shirts to benefit Claudia's C Three Foundation) and I can attest that this is very serious business.

Jan

Definitely NOT an endorsement thing and, having read Claudia's book, I'm convinced that Claudia's sincere in her campaign to help spread the word about the Sinclair Method.

A lady who's been helping Claudia with the fundraising campaign generously shared a table that she'd been offered by the Space City Con (she was selling 'Free Babylon 5' t-shirts to benefit Claudia's C Three Foundation) and I can attest that this is very serious business.

Jan

The reason I asked was because I heard her on Doyle's show, and it sounded pretty amazing and cool and I was looking more into it/her and instantly found this:

The book is a sham, November 27, 2012
By
Ashley Knowles (North of Boston, Massachusetts United States) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Babylon Confidential: A Memoir of Love, Sex, and Addiction (Paperback)
I recently had the opportunity to interview Ms. Christian, and let me tell you, in my opinion, her book is a sham!

On the cover it states that this book is "An honest, page turning insight into alcoholism and the road back out". I am calling BS on this one! Ms. Christian and her story of recovery are, in my opinion, an embarrassment to those brave souls who have recovered and continue to recover one day at a time!

In my recent interview with Ms. Claudia over the phone on our live radio show, Ms. Claudia showed all of the tell tale signs of someone who is still very much into her addictions. Our arrangement with her publisher was for us to call her at a specific time for a 30 minute interview, where we would talk about her career, and her book. In fact, we were very excited about having her on our show, that we promoted her interview with us on our show as much as 2 weeks in advance!

Well, Ms. Christian decided to call our radio station a full 4 hours before her interview, and continued to call, harass, and insult the radio station staff and management citing that she had an interview and wanted to speak with us immediately. She was demanding that we speak with her, when the fact is that our show was not due to come on the air for another 4 hours. When my co-host and I walked into the studio 30 minutes before airtime, we were given this information with shock and disbelief.

To further add insult, Ms. Christian continued to call the station and call and call and call she did. She called to the point where we had to change our opening format to accommodate her constant harassing. This alone was very unprofessional of her, but we being the professionals that we are, decided to overlook this and to give her the benefit of the doubt regardless of the point that the specific details of her interview stated clearly that we would be contacting her at a very specific time.

Once she got on the air, that is where the real problems, and the truth emerged!

The first "F" bomb dropped out of her mouth within the first minute, and when she did this, the studio shrugged in disbelief, but again, we let her talk. When we made mention of her show and her co-stars, she started a tirade of how she never watched her shows unless she was forced to and then proceeded to poke fun at some actors who secured roles that she thought should have been hers, in a very insulting way to the stars who had secured those roles, with name calling and continued "F" bombs.

All the while, her speech was heavily slurred and "F" bombs were being dropped at every sentence. In my dealings with people in rehab, and with those who work at rehabs, this is a tell-tale sign of being under the influence of either alcohol, drugs, or both. It got to the point where even the people in the studio tuning in to our show were wondering what she was on...

When my co-host asked a question about her book, her instant reaction, which came off more like an attack, was "Did you even bother to read my book?". My co-host admitted that he had started to read the book, and was about halfway through it. I myself was never sent a copy of the book. With the Thanksgiving holiday, it would be difficult to ask anyone to commit to reading an entire book over a holiday weekend. When I mentioned that although the book had not been read in it's entirety, and that many of our listeners may not have read the book themselves, but want to know more so that they may wish to purchase her book, she fired away at us in a very condescending and rude manner.

She came at us with an attitude of slurred speech, constant swears, and a condescending attitude stating how she was giving her time to a radio host who did not even bother to read her book. she repeatedly stated in a sarcastic manner at how she was impressed with how my co-host was prepared for her. She was very sarcastic and rude on live radio with no care to her reputation or ours.

She then added insult to injury by rudely hanging up the phone on us while we were live on the air!

Once she was off of the air, my co-host was trying to be somewhat apologetic towards our listeners, but I fired away. I stated how rude she was, how she rudely treated our station, our listeners, and us. As a fellow actress, I was insulted by her behavior on live radio and how she treated people. In short, I was upset and angered by the behavior of someone who should have been gracious and kind. In the 2 years that our radio show has been on the air, we have had many actors and authors, and not one has ever treated us like Ms. Christian did last night.

Now here is where it gets really interesting.

About 10 minutes after Ms. Christian rudely hung up on us, her husband calls our live line. We put him on the air thinking he may be calling to either apologize or to cover damage control for his wife's behavior on live radio.

Nope!

He started in, telling us how rude WE were, to which none of us could believe. That was the final straw for my calm co-host, who now was telling Mr. Christian how rude his wife behaved. I suggested that instead of venting his frustrations on us, that he make his wife some black coffee. Mr. Christian stated he was next to his wife during the entire interview, and I stated that if he really cared, he would have not let her go on the air in the first place in her condition, because if I could sense she was inebriated, then the listeners will to and that he should have seen it himself.

He threatened our show with legal action and we welcomed it, citing that Ms. Christian already purposely broke enough FCC regulations and she broke the agreement between her publishers and our show. He then sneered that he was going to send us the book of good manners, to which I stated that both he and his wife should read it first. Then I stated that he should not bother sending it, because they were already upset that we would not bother reading it and that Ms. Christian was already upset that we had not read her book in the first place.

In my opinion, Ms. Christian has not recovered from her addictions, and is in no condition to write a book about conquering her demons. For her to write a book and cash in on the fans and feelings of those who do not know the true Ms. Christian is an insult to readers everywhere, and a slap in the face to those who have recovered from addiction!

I would prefer to focus my reading time on an author who is who they say they are and understands the meaning of manners!

In my opinion, I would avoid this book, and this actor, at all costs!

located here http://www.amazon.com/Babylon-Confi...?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

Which gave me serious pause, and I just haven't been sure what to make of it since then.

I'm too busy to do any major research into this but a few observations.

- This reviewer uses reviews as a way of plugging her radio show.
- The reviewer seems to want to give the impression of being qualified to determine whether or not Claudia's still addicted without offering any credentials.
- Claudia's not married.
- Claudia's never been known for keeping her language 'safe'.
- The 'reviewer' admits to not reading the book at all.

That said, there seems to be a link to the interview in the comments. Several people acknowledge that Claudia behaved badly. Everybody does from time to time. My personal experience is that in all of the times I've seen Claudia in person, she's never been anything but gracious to her fans.

Jan

I'm too busy to do any major research into this but a few observations.

- This reviewer uses reviews as a way of plugging her radio show.
- The reviewer seems to want to give the impression of being qualified to determine whether or not Claudia's still addicted without offering any credentials.
- Claudia's not married.
- Claudia's never been known for keeping her language 'safe'.
- The 'reviewer' admits to not reading the book at all.

That said, there seems to be a link to the interview in the comments. Several people acknowledge that Claudia behaved badly. Everybody does from time to time. My personal experience is that in all of the times I've seen Claudia in person, she's never been anything but gracious to her fans.

Jan

All valid points. Game set and match to Jan.

I was just reading a blog that Claudia wrote recently and part of it may have a bearing on this discussion:

Claudia Christian said:
Have I been buzzed in the last five years? Yes, absolutely. In fact I did a pod cast at 2am from London on a combination of wine and a supposed flu medication the host of the party gave me (which I found out later was not a flu medication!). In the podcast I sound like the Luck Charms guy; fake Irish accent and all. Anyone who knows me knows that I do not sound like that on wine and I do not lose my temper easily… so I blame that on the combination of jet lag, respiratory illness, booze and an unknown substance that was given to me.

Having had an unknown substance slipped on me once, I only hope she beat that person to a pulp.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back