• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Red Fury - short B5 story by Claudia Christian and Morgan Grant Buchanan

A_M_Swallow

Regular
http://claudiachristian.net/babylon-5-red-fury

“Red Fury” is a Babylon 5 fanfic novelette I wrote with Morgan Grant Buchanan. It features Ivanova, President Sheridan, Garibaldi, Lyta and Bester.

We wrote this as a thank you to all of you who ordered my memoir, “Babylon Confidential,” and helped us sell out the first print run!" - Claudia Christian

http://claudiachristian.net/babylon-5-red-fury

“Red Fury” is a Babylon 5 fanfic novelette I wrote with Morgan Grant Buchanan. It features Ivanova, President Sheridan, Garibaldi, Lyta and Bester.

We wrote this as a thank you to all of you who ordered my memoir, “Babylon Confidential,” and helped us sell out the first print run!" - Claudia Christian

Not bad, not bad at all. I just finished it. :cool: :thumbsup:

I can't believe that I beat Demonn to it.

Last edited:
Fan fic by the actor who played the character. Always an interesting subset.

These days, we take what we can get, IF it's not AWFUL.

Keith Hamilton Cobb, who played Tyr Anasazi on "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda" wrot a half dozen stories about Tyr. It was part of a publicity gimick. Content to fill up their website while the show was running. Several of the stories were pretty good, and one of them was VERY good. Since it's unclear who actually owns the stories, he let me run 'em on Republibot if I wanted. Since they were sort of on the line between Fanfic and Canon, I thought "What the heck" and ran 'em.

That's really the only other example of this kind of thing I can think of off the top of my head.

Hoo boy! Lots of typical fanfic inconsistencies with the series. We've got cloaking devices, shields, turbolifts, shields, personal jumpgates, shields, Earthforce folks calling officers 'sir' regardless of gender, shields, interstellar travel 'twixt Earth, Minbar, and B5 in a matter of hours, shields, magnetic grapples, whatever those are*, and shields. Quite a bit of Trekishness squeezed into the story. Quite a lot of technological inconsistencies with any series we've seen.

Has there EVER been a ship in the B5 universe that had shields? I know for a fact the White Stars didn't have 'em, and if the Minbari didn't have 'em, then sure-as-shootin' Earthforce wouldn't have 'em.

I'm not impressed, and I flat out don't buy that Ivonova would get off scot free, *BUT* bonus points for actually moving the historical narrative forward. None of the other official B5 short stories have wanted to do that.

*- I SUSPECT Magnetic Grapples might be the things the Excalibur used to catch Lochley's fighter, but I don't remember.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back