• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost Episode?

SilverFox

Hello B5 fans...I hope someone can help me find a lost episode. It is lost to me! Maybe this is a trick of B5 universe that is materlizing into my universe. Who knows. But it is extreeemly frustrating.

I watched the series when it was orginally aired on UK TV. And my memory of watching the series was that there was an episode ~ in which was made as if it was a documentary/history of Sheriden and Delen made on earth, at different times in the future. Kind of like putting Sheriden, Delen etc on trial. It was being shown from a library which was being accessed by the viewer. As the episode was watched it jumped to future points. And at each point there was a different view point/interpretation of the history of events. At one point Delen stormed in outraged how Sheriden was being mis-represented. Then after that scene, I remember, it jumping to Earth's future where us humans had evolved to being akin to the Vorlons. Transcending the human body to that of more energy/light. Then that was the end.

Surely I didn't make this up?!

I am asking as I just brought the DVD Box set of Babylon 5 from Amazon. This episode is not on there. I have watched the whole lot. It's not there.

Does anyone know where it's gone? Where I could retreave a copy. And what this episode is called. As I hope I could purchase the DVD on which it is on. Coos I loved it. And my set is incomplete.

in hope!....

SilverFox :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The episode you're looking for is "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" the last episode for Season 4. If it's not on your DVD set, you should return it.

Jan

On the Region 1 Season 4 DVD set, "Deconstruction of Falling Stars" is on Disc 6 with only the Bonus Materials.

Perhaps you should check your set to make sure that you have all of the discs. In Region 1, each of the five season sets had 6 discs, the movie set had five and the Crusade set had four. Then, the Rangers TV movie/pilot and the Voices in the Dark "movie" were on one disc each.

Hello Jan and KoshN....thank you very much for you help! Much appreciated. I've found it! Thought it would have been the very last DVD. :eek:)

I'm glad you got this got cleared up, SilverFox.

A friend of mine, before she even started watching B5, somehow saw "The Fall of Centauri Prime," and remembered significant details about it once I started showing her the whole show. (Talk about spoilers.) But she also remembered people looking at a crashed spaceship, which definitely doesn't happen in that episode... or any. I never quite convinced her that there wasn't more B5 that she hadn't seen.

A friend of mine, before she even started watching B5, somehow saw "The Fall of Centauri Prime," and remembered significant details about it once I started showing her the whole show. (Talk about spoilers.) But she also remembered people looking at a crashed spaceship, which definitely doesn't happen in that episode... or any. I never quite convinced her that there wasn't more B5 that she hadn't seen.

There may not have been a crashed ship but there was a Shadow Ship buried on Mars.
Sheridan's Whitestar crashed into the roof of Z'ha'dum in season 3. The Shadow Ships inspected the hole.
The Centauri blow up an island full of Shadow Ships.

In the "Fall of Centauri Prime" Delenn's Whitestar is badly damaged. That could be miss-remembered as a crash.

I know it wasn't "Messages from Earth." And I remembered Delenn and Lennir, but my friend insisted it was people outside a ship looking in, not inside looking out.

Haven't seen enough Crusade to nail down those, though. Interesting possibility...

Speaking of things I've sworn I've seen--was there an episode somewhere where a female Earth Senator was in a room conversing with Shadows themselves, like the scenes where Morden is in his room with Shadows around him? I'm not thinking of the scene in "Matters of Honor" with the female Senator, Morden, and a Psi Corps guy discussing the impact of the Shadow vessel sighting--but one where she's alone with Shadows. I could have sworn I saw a scene like that, but running through seasons two and three (I might have skipped a couple in S2) I didn't see it again. Similar phenomenon to KoshFan's friend, or was there ever such a scene?

Speaking of things I've sworn I've seen--was there an episode somewhere where a female Earth Senator was in a room conversing with Shadows themselves, like the scenes where Morden is in his room with Shadows around him? I'm not thinking of the scene in "Matters of Honor" with the female Senator, Morden, and a Psi Corps guy discussing the impact of the Shadow vessel sighting--but one where she's alone with Shadows. I could have sworn I saw a scene like that, but running through seasons two and three (I might have skipped a couple in S2) I didn't see it again. Similar phenomenon to KoshFan's friend, or was there ever such a scene?

No, I think you were dreaming after watching B5.

You sure that's not a scene from a novel, related to the scene in Matters of Honor (before or after)? I vaguely recall that same thing

You sure that's not a scene from a novel, related to the scene in Matters of Honor (before or after)? I vaguely recall that same thing

Seen "a female Earth Senator was in a room conversing with Shadows themselves,"??? Even if we open that up to the novels and short stories and comics/graphic novels, it's not ringing any bells with me. However, I don't have all of the comics.

Last edited:

There may not have been a crashed ship but there was a Shadow Ship buried on Mars.
Sheridan's Whitestar crashed into the roof of Z'ha'dum in season 3. The Shadow Ships inspected the hole.
The Centauri blow up an island full of Shadow Ships.

In the "Fall of Centauri Prime" Delenn's Whitestar is badly damaged. That could be miss-remembered as a crash.
In season 3, eipsode 22 Z'ha'dum; during the opening Sheridan has a dream about the Icarus and his deceased wife Anna.

And @17:15 into the episode, Anna (much alive) describes her meeting the shadows. In both of these flashes, may be what you are thinking about Kosh.

Dr. Chang is the one that discovered the first shadow vessal on Mars, which does show people in space suits looking down at an almost dug up shadow vessal (presumably crashed), same episode 16:22 in.

They had put a tracker on the vessal before it was rescued by another and they tracked it to Z'ha'dum.

Sheridan's dream and Anna's flashback recount the Icarus (of which Anna was part of the archeological crew) landing on Z'ha'dum and show it on the ground, though not crashed. The crew are outside in spacesuits. In the background is what initially appears to be a crashed spacecraft, however it is nothing but a hole in the ruins of the planet that leads to the shadows.

Either the Mars scene or the Icarus scene could fit the bill.

She was hot, lol. That may have been it, wouldn't surprise me.

Obviously that "Matters of Honor" scene indicates a direct familiarity with the Shadows, and they probably were in that room (just unseen), as they seem to be always with Morden even when we don't see their wavy out-of-phase outlines (I suppose they go a little way in-phase when communicating with Morden, which is why we see the wavy outlines come out of nowhere). I could have made the mental association, and remembered it as a visualization, too--when I watched it the first time, I might even have imagined those things there. But I still have a memory of that woman talking with them alone... weird.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back