• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

WB considering upgrading B5 for Blu Ray

For those interested in what JMS said about it, check out this podcast. He specifically talks about the reboot starting around 2:22:19 and talks about characters/actors at 2:26:32. I think it could have been glorious.

Jan

Whoah! I totally did not see that coming. Wow. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I'm staggered.

Here's a nice idea for a reboot. How about telling the story from the point of view of general Hague (later major Ryan). Get a pilot for his/their role(s) during the Minbari war, and if it catches on start the series roughly at the same time B5 started. Both B5 and "Hague" running on parallel timelines.

Only disadvantage I can see is that the final result will already be known for fans, but the voyage should be more interesting then the destination. Another big risk is messing with existing timelines, in particular if/when the studio starts giving "helpful" advice.

One other thing. People keep mentioning reboot as if to say start again from the beginning. Now English is not my first language, but does reboot not literally mean a restart? As opposed to starting over? So a reboot could start at any time within the known (or unknown) B5 timeline. So it need not necessarily cover the period B5 already covered.

Anyway, just my two cents. Everyone best wishes for 2014.
Yeah i like the idea of running the people along side the cast, it Could even be the Agamemnon(sp)
as long as some effort is made to fill their roles during the earth minbari war or they could even do a dilgar war starter as long as its actiony enough to draw in attention for a Scifi tv movie

I don't think they can really do a story about the last shadow war because the minbari for the most part are kind of boring as are the vorlons from backstory points of view.
It'd be like watching the daily lives of monks lol
The space battles could be amazing however!

Yeah i like the idea of running the people along side the cast, it Could even be the Agamemnon(sp)
as long as some effort is made to fill their roles during the earth minbari war or they could even do a dilgar war starter as long as its actiony enough to draw in attention for a Scifi tv movie

I don't think they can really do a story about the last shadow war because the minbari for the most part are kind of boring as are the vorlons from backstory points of view.

I think a B5 series should be ABOUT B5. Particularly when there's so many ship-based and ship-combat based shows already. Zipping off to the side is great, like they did all the time in season 4, but B5 should be the primary dramatic locus and the focus of the story. B5 is the pivot about which galactic history revolves.

And if you're rebooting, why even kill of Hague?

I think a B5 series should be ABOUT B5. Particularly when there's so many ship-based and ship-combat based shows already. Zipping off to the side is great, like they did all the time in season 4, but B5 should be the primary dramatic locus and the focus of the story. B5 is the pivot about which galactic history revolves.

And if you're rebooting, why even kill of Hague?
Well i wouldn't reboot if given a chance I'd continue the story in a different way i like the rest of the well thought out universe.

I think as long as the time line of the story you make is effected by Babylon 5 its still good enough to have a story with those events, Plus there is plenty of gaps in the story of B5 over the years to have interaction with the station.

The main problem is you can't really have a story with the main cast as they've mostly aged so you'd want to stay away from B5 for the most part unless you were going to use new/old footage to mesh the story abit better, If we go on my suggestion of following the pilots more than the ship they are on, be it the Argamemnon(sp) or Alexander.

You could also follow the churchhill at the start and only swap to the Alexander after the battle at B5 introducing new characters to the pilots who don't die, as well as that battle from a more "star fury" point of view.

Heck that could be the opening movie, *Served dreams* from the point of the Starfury pilot they intro the pilots while the Church hill is heading to B5 the big battle goes on for a while then they start to intergrate into the alexander and say goodbye to the pilots who end up on b5.

I am not sure what happens to the ship after it leaves b5, if it takes part of the freeing of earth or get caught up with and destroyed which its self could be a good plot, they could also help pickup rangers prior to the white stars being revealed.

I am not sure what happens to the ship after it leaves b5, if it takes part of the freeing of earth or get caught up with and destroyed which its self could be a good plot, they could also help pickup rangers prior to the white stars being revealed.

Well, we've already SEEN the war from the rebel's side. I'd much rather see it from the losing side. You get a lot of drama out of the world falling apart around your ears.

Well, we've already SEEN the war from the rebel's side. I'd much rather see it from the losing side. You get a lot of drama out of the world falling apart around your ears.
That might be true but its hard to find people who don't end up dead in the storyline of Babylon 5.

Who could be defeated but not killed? if they use a character already known.
Bester might be a good character or point of view from the psycops?
I'm not sure watching a bunch of people reading thoughts would be interesting though.

Pitch an idea if you like or have one in mind.

Is there any way of automating taking the current CGI and expanding it? This may make a big difference to the price.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back