• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"Pleasure Thresholds" by Patricia Tallman

Jan

Regular
I'd meant to post this the other day. Coming soon from the folks who've been bringing you the B5 books will be "Pleasure Thresholds - Patricia Tallman's Babylon 5 Scrapbook" full of photos and reminisces of her years on Babylon 5.

I picked up an in-progress version that Pat was selling at Comic-Con and I've gotta tell you it's gorgeous (interior photos are black & white but good quality) and a lot of fun to read. You can sign up to be notified when it goes on sale at B5Pat.com. Note that if you're already on the B5 books mailing list, you'll atuomatically be notified.

Jan

Much appreciation of Andreas, though not much in the way of stories. Some nice photos both in and out of makeup.

Jan

Hopefully more than just the purple striped shirt picture on the cover. Of course I've seen that one already. I'm hoping for something I haven't seen yet!

I'm not sure how you have seen that photo before since it's mine. I do talk about Andreas, and there are lots of my photos. Jan, I doubled the word count from the Comicon version, added pictures and other content. Poor Jason, I have made him crazy!

*Doubled*?! Good heavens! And I'm sure Jason was perfectly happy to be driven crazy by you. :) Looking forward to "Pleasure Thresholds" v2.0.

Jan

If that's actually Ms. Tallman we need to get her a much better rank than "Lurker."

I vote for "Actually Pat Tallman." Or maybe just "Lyta Alexander."

Once it's confirmed, of course -- my apologies, Ms. Tallman, it's the times we live in...

Hi Pat.

When this site was set up the actors used to have special accounts. The difference was shown by giving them black and white hero shots. Time to revive the tradition?

Andrew Swallow

Something should be done, that's for sure. Where's Antony when you need him? Or any of the mods, really!

PLEASURE THRESHOLDS Pat Tallman's Babylon 5 Memoir is now available for pre-order at www.B5Pat.com.

Included with Pat's personal photos and memories while filming Babylon 5 will be a CD including:
-9 video clips featuring Pat,
-an interview by JMS and
-a 'renegade', non-censored, all-new commentary of the episode "Secrets of the Soul"
-All books are also autographed by both Pat Tallman and J. Michael Straczynski.
-A special postcard with Lyta's most famous quote is included as well.

I got the 'in-process' version from Pat at Comic-Con and enjoyed it a lot. Can't *wait* for new commentary and the JMS/Pat interview!!

Jan

I am still on the edge about buying this book. As much as I want to, fifty bucks is a lot for a book. Does anyone know if all the photos are color inside the book or black and white ? Also, does the cd have the pics from the book or just the video clips.

thanks
dennis

Based on the in-process copy I picked up at Comic-Con, the photos in the book are B&W (last I heard, Cafe Press isn't able to do interior color). I haven't heard that the pics are on the disk so I assume not but you can write to help@b5books.com to ask.

Would it help if I told you that there's a full length photo of Lyta in the Vorlon test tube? :devil: Anyway, remember that there's a full guarantee.

Jan

Wow! Pat posted here! As soon as someone gets the finished product, tell us all about it. I need encouragement to part with $50. :)

That may be cutting it close since shipping begins on the 21st and the discount is through the 27th. Remember the guarantee, though:
WHAT IF I DON'T LIKE IT? WHAT IS YOUR REFUND POLICY?
You can return it for a 100% refund. You will be refunded (1) what you paid, (2) shipping charges to recieve it and (3) the cost to return. This policy extended to international customers as well and includes all Pleasure Thresholds merchandise.

I've got the in-progress version that Pat sold at Comic-Con and I'm still planning to get the final one. The new one is almost 100 pages longer (and Jason tells me it's at a slightly smaller typeface). There are pics of Pat in lots of her stuntwoman roles, some sample copies of call sheets and notes she made on her scripts, both Pat's and JMS' recollections of the 'Lyta's Lingerie' joke.

You're welcome to ask me what you'd like to know and I can check the version I have to see if it's covered.

Jan

I'm especially looking forward to the joint commentary on 'Secrets of the Soul'

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back