• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Doctor Who Series 6

So, I just started to have a thought enter my mind.

Spoiler for up through the end of tonight's episode "Day Of The Moon":
So, is Amy pregnant or isn't she? Looked like the Tardis was saying both yes and no. Schrödinger's baby?

And then the little girl is a time-lord, eh? At least it seemed she's regenerated like one. So, could the little girl be the Doctor's?

So here's the thought I just had a few minutes ago: what if when Amy's memories recreated the universe at the end of last season, she actively chose to create something that hadn't previously existed? What if she sort of willed into existance something she hadn't remembered but something she wanted: a child with the Doctor being the father? She and he never actually having gotten together, but still having a child together. The Doctor tonight was concerned that she told him first, and not Rory, about the pregnancy. Amy might would tell the Doctor first if it was his child.

So, I just started to have a thought enter my mind.

So, is Amy pregnant or isn't she? Looked like the Tardis was saying both yes and no. Schrödinger's baby?

And then the little girl is a time-lord, eh? At least it seemed she's regenerated like one. So, could the little girl be the Doctor's?

So here's the thought I just had a few minutes ago: what if when Amy's memories recreated the universe at the end of last season, she actively chose to create something that hadn't previously existed? What if she sort of willed into existance something she hadn't remembered but something she wanted: a child with the Doctor being the father? She and he never actually having gotten together, but still having a child together. The Doctor tonight was concerned that she told him first, and not Rory, about the pregnancy. Amy might would tell the Doctor first if it was his child.
Can a human female have a Time Lord baby?
In the computer game of Doctor Who when the Amy character is brought back to life she used the same regeneration of the Doctor. People were uncertain if this was a way of saying the Amy was a Time Lord or just the computer programmers were too lazy to give her her own sequence.

If Amy is a Time Lord or Time Lord creation this would explain why the Silence kidnapped her and the Doctor. They want to grow someone to fly their time machine.

Okay, I'm going to post my speculation on what is going on. I don't consider speculation to be spoilers, but apparently some do. What I say will draw on past eps, including the two most recent, so there will be spoilers, if you haven't seen those.

?SPACE?

?SPACE?

?SPACE?

?SPACE?

?SPACE?

From last season, we know that eventually, River Song will kill the Dr. - who else could the best man she ever knew be?

River and the Dr. are running opposite directions in time. So, the child River Song kills the Dr. The little girl in the astronaut suit was River Song.

When the Dr. and company are dealing with the Silents, both Amy and River experience nausea. Both are pregnant.

Amy sees a picture of herself holding a baby, and other pictures of a young child. Some of them looked like the little girl in the alley, to me. That's because River is Amy's baby, and the little girl in the space suit.

The Tardis gets conflicting readings about Amy's pregnancy, because she was pregnant, but isn't any longer. That's because the Silents took the baby from her, and put it in the space suit. Did they take River's baby? I don't know. Who is/are the fathers? I don't know.

When the little girl in the space suit kills the Dr., (she was told to, by the Silents,) and we see his Time Lord essence escaping, it merges with the little girl. That's why she has Time Lord essence in her in the alley, and can heal herself. Since she is the young River, this is why River is so attached to the Dr., and why she knows the Time Lords' ways so well - she had their/his essence in her.

So, what becomes of this essence? I'm sure it leaves the young River. Where does it go? To River's child? To another, new incarnation of the Dr.? Is that one and the same?

I may be totally wrong. I think I'm right, at least in parts. Time (pun intended) will tell. :D

What? No comments on my speculations? No one ripping me apart, or proclaiming my genius? :D Not sure what I expected, but it wasn't silence...

What? No comments on my speculations? No one ripping me apart, or proclaiming my genius? :D Not sure what I expected, but it wasn't silence...
It's definitely a viable theory. There's so many ways this could go down, each theory overlapping at least one more theory. I'm anxious to see how it all plays out.

Apparently people are already complaining about "unanswered questions" and the plot is too thick and twisty, and 8 year olds will never accept this.

Funny thing, people are trying to use the ratings drop off against the show, and completely ignoring, it was still so high for the week, and maintained or beat it's typical 30+ percent of the veiwers. Of course ratings were down, the viewing audience was much smaller, but, alternative viewing (DVR +7, iPlayer, etc) are all through the roof at their highest levels

Very neat episodes thus far.

I don't frequent other boards, so this is likely already out there, so I put that declaimer first.

Could the little girl be the Doctor's Daughter?

To the point, could that form be just the child like state if that suit was 'powering' itself off her? (which on some level does make sense with the talk about using her to power the Silence version of the Tardis)

... what I am looking forward to seeing is someone mapping out the interactions between River and the Doctor in a time line, where you can view the key points (and revels) in both orders ... granted, waiting until the Doctor/River first last meeting before that ;)

S.

oooh, fantastic theory I read today (almost certainly not the real answer, but....)

I think the child might be Marilyn Monroe's..it fits the era 1969, and the aliens could have stolen the baby and raised her to the age she was now..If the child was born before that date and she was maybe 8 or 9, she'd be the right age..maybe ol doc slipped her some DNA and took off, she had the baby, and then the Silents took her, leaving Marilyn in the hospital thinking she was there from a drunken binge, and thus began her life of boozing and drugging from the silents memory adjustments?

So, yea, if the child is 8 or 9 in 1969, she'd be born in 1960-1961, and Marilyn killed herself (or was killed?) in 1962

I'm seeing all the backlash to this in the UK press and actually have some sympathy. Its good fun but fairly complex for a young audience (like the 9 year old next door who used to love the show but now cannot keep up). I also think they are doing a lot of clever time travel stuff just because they can ... Still, lots of episodes to go and I hope the beeb do the decent thing and keep it running.

I guess the UK has a different perspective on the show. I've never thought of Doctor Who as a kid's show, granted I've only ever seen it since the Chris Eccleston days and none from before that. It seems to me that the US perspective on the show is that it's a science fiction show. Though I guess there have been people here in the past, and possibly still, that think of science fiction as a genre as being less than adult, but that usually seems to me like that always comes from a point of arrogance and faux superiority to "nerds".

I love complex shows, provided that the complexity is actually logical, so I'm enjoying Doctor Who tons. As much as I loved David Tennant, the time twists of Matt Smith's doctor's stories is nice. But them, I'm one who absolutely loves the time twist in Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban. :D

Am loving the current series of Doctor Who.

Was it me or did anyone else see Amy Ponds face in the Space Helmet when the Flashing Light was lighting up the visor?

The stories move along at a fair lick, and if you left the room to make a cuppa or for a toilet break, chances are you'd miss something crucial to the rest of the series.

Thank god for BBC iPlayer.

Doctor Who is a family show. Fathers watch it with the children. The violence is censored down to PG (parental guidance). When the DVD for one episode was given a minimum age of '12' classification there was a major row within the BBC.

I can't say I exactly enjoyed this week's episode. I was originally really excited about it because, after all, pirates! But it never did quite grab me as I watched. And I was fairly disappointed by the ending in that...

Spoiler for :
...the whole Amy CPRing Rory, but giving up, and oh no he must be dead drama, but no, surprise revivication! It was just a giant cliche seen again and again and again. There was nothing new. There was no real connection to the characters involved. Just the same scene we've seen before in other stories.

Yea, this week's wasn't great. I actually had no hoping going in, because I'm not really into Pirates (No interest in Pirates of the Carribean whatsoever), so I actually came away less than disappointed, as my hopes were non-existent.

Still many said after the first two "filled to the brim with Arc and Mysteries" episodes that they wanted a stand alone episode, so they got it, but, we did get several recurring themes for the series Arc in this episode
Spoiler for :
Eyepatch lady at the door, kids are almost certainly a theme this series, Amy's on/off pregnancy, the Dr's joke to Rory about it being nice to get a note warning you when someone is coming to kill you

Yea, VL, the item in your spoiler box, really is played out and cliche by

Pretty weak stuff indeed, but RTD would have probably used a sonic screwdriver to fix it so at least they tried. I liked the shot of the pirates flying a spaceship though.

Gaiman next, his first TV since Babylon 5 S5 unless I am wrong?

Andrew is right VL, its produced as a family show heavily marketed at kids in all territories. It succeeds when it plays well to all audiences. In the past, the show has veered towards cancellation when this is forgotten ... I feel torn as I enjoy it more in some ways, but wish they would not 'show off' with for the sake of it.

There was an idea in the UK that SF was only ever for kids, with shows like Buffy and TNG being edited for showing at 6pm. BSG has killed this arrogant fallacy in terms of imports at least. Its a shame that Outcasts, the UKs' attempt at the same thing did not pan out ...

Still, we have Torchwood, thats mature ... ;)

I guess that's just something that's different between the US and the UK; Doctor Who isn't marketed as a kids' show here at all, so I had no idea that it was presented that way there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back