• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

More B5 on the way?

A Facebook posting on JMS's fan page.

J. MIchael Straczynski
Appropos of nothing B5 related as April grows near...if there are any fans of the Captain Power show out there, you may want to keep an eye on Amazon for the next week or so. Just sayin'.

Wednesday March 23, 20011 at 23:07

Also Patricia (Lyta) Tallman has been talking to JMS.

A Facebook posting on JMS's fan page.

J. MIchael Straczynski
Appropos of nothing B5 related as April grows near...if there are any fans of the Captain Power show out there, you may want to keep an eye on Amazon for the next week or so. Just sayin'.

Wednesday March 23, 20011 at 23:07

Also Patricia (Lyta) Tallman has been talking to JMS.

She has ? Well now that gives me some fleeting hope. I use to be positive about a B5 movie and with Patrticia Tallman talking to JMS; maybe it gives us a chance of seeing the Teep War but I have learned thru the past several years not to get to excited about B5 movie rumors.
I did notice that Warner Brothers is releasing a new B5 dvd boxset but really no details or pictures of it only a few days from being released. Typical from WB. They never know how to market B5 properly. And it was not to long ago that Warner Brothers did a new release of B5 with new, nicer slimsets. So the question is, why do a new release right around the same time that JMS might announce something new on the B5 front. I want to hope but I know better.

Crap. SO much for my negative attitude. I just went over to JMS.com and someone over there just posted that JMS on his facebook page has confirmed that a Babylon 5 movie is a go. If its true, its about damn time. Lets all do the dance of joy.

dennis

Crap. SO much for my negative attitude. I just went over to JMS.com and someone over there just posted that JMS on his facebook page has confirmed that a Babylon 5 movie is a go. If its true, its about damn time. Lets all do the dance of joy.

dennis

Dennis....That's an April fools joke post as is made clear at the end of the 'copy' from JMS' Facebook.

However, your hope isn't misplaced. Word is that Patricia is working on something with JMS in the role of producer. This came up in an appearance she made in Australia and she made a Skype call to JMS.

The word is still to ask JMS about more B5 in/after April.

Jan

Last edited:

dennis

Dennis....That's a joke post as is made clear at the end of the 'copy' from JMS' Facebook.

However, your hope isn't misplaced. Word is that Patricia is working on something with JMS in the role of producer. This came up in an appearance she made in Australia and she made a Skype call to JMS.

The word is still to ask JMS about more B5 in/after April.

Crap again. I will go back and take another look. Sorry everyone. l feel stupid. Thats what I get for not reading it alll the way thru and getting my hopes up. Thanks for setting me straight Jan

Jan

The 'rivalry' between Trek and B5 fans has largely been laid to rest over there, I'm happy to say.

Jan

Not to worry, given that JMS has been talking about April it's only natural.

Seems to be B5's year for the jokes. Found this one over on TrekBBS.

Jan

Humor is such a subjective thing; I 'm not getting the friendly humor in that image. Looks like nothing more than a "cheapness" slam at B5 by some trekkie rabble, to me, .....and I USED TO BE a trekkie.

Humor is such a subjective thing; I 'm not getting the friendly humor in that image. Looks like nothing more than a "cheapness" slam at B5 by some trekkie rabble, to me, .....and I USED TO BE a trekkie.
The humor is in the title thread, announcing (in all caps) that the one thing that seeemingly every third fan in the universe has asked JMS about online and at cons will be happening and then posting an obvious "April Fools". One needn't look to take offense when none is meant.

Ah, Trekies: Tiny penises, tinier minds, great big fears. I find it endlessly fulfilling that they're still intimidated by "Us" after all these years. <G>

They would. Trekies think they're endlessly hilarious, and witty and devils with the women. Everyone else knows better. <G>

Thankfully, as I've said, they've mainly buried the hatchet over there and actually communicate and enjoy both shows. Shame it hasn't bled over to other sites.

Jan

The humor is in the title thread, announcing (in all caps) that the one thing that seeemingly every third fan in the universe has asked JMS about online and at cons will be happening and then posting an obvious "April Fools". One needn't look to take offense when none is meant.

Ah, Trekies: Tiny penises, tinier minds, great big fears. I find it endlessly fulfilling that they're still intimidated by "Us" after all these years. <G>

They would. Trekies think they're endlessly hilarious, and witty and devils with the women. Everyone else knows better. <G>

Thankfully, as I've said, they've mainly buried the hatchet over there and actually communicate and enjoy both shows. Shame it hasn't bled over to other sites.

Jan
Yup, I talk B5, Dr Who, Blake's 7, Star Gate, BSG, Farscape and any other miscellaneous, and no issues with "Not Trek" bashing

<snip>
Jan

Written on 3/31, it looks like a childish slam (on JMS and/or B5 and/or Warner Brothers) to me, and that is no doubt how it was intended. No biggie, though; consider the trekkie source. <shrug>

See, you have to think "What way would the trekkie likely mean this?"

Cheap (MST3K-worthy) model -> a reflection of what trekkies think of B5 production values.

Blu-Ray -> "ROFL, like *they'll* ever get Blu-Ray treatment for B5! Cheap model. That's probably about how much Warner Brothers would invest in B5! ROFL."

Last edited:
Written on 3/31 here. If you were to look at the location of the poster, you'd see that he's in New Zealand where it was April Fools when he posted it. Which was commented on almost immediately in the thread.

No need to be an offense kleptomaniac or overanalyse a poster, just look at the time difference.

And then there's something like this found on a B5-heavy newsletter, the Zocalo Today:

Roddenberry Productions to Remaster First Six Star Trek Films
Roddenberry Productions is set to remaster the original six films adding all new 3D effects for the space scenes. In addition, the films will be psuedo-3D'd for a possible return to big screen 3D cinema. Leonard Nimoy's character Spock will be digitally replaced with a 3D animated alien (Jar Har Har) that is going to provide all sorts of comedic relief... "We think the kids are just going to get a real kick out of him."

Where again, I'm sure it was meant light-heartedly to make it crystal clear that it was a joke.

Jan

Last edited:

Jan

Now, now. I take flack from kool-aid drinking Trekies continually. There's a level of religious fervor sounding the show that keeps them a-feared and threatened. Some people have grow up, of course, some people's tastes change and evolve. Some people don't. If I'm taking a lazy stab at the one who's tastes don't evolve, how does that make me a bad guy? I'm simply annoyed at people who still, twenty years later, are claiming that B5 is a ripoff of DS9, repeating the same old crap not because there's any truth to it, not because it's not easily disproved, but because it's an article of faith to them:

Trek is all there is and there can be nothing else.

I'm not as tolerant of that as I used to be, it gets old.

Written on 3/31 here. If you were to look at the location of the poster, you'd see that he's in New Zealand where it was April Fools when he posted it.

No need to be an offense kleptomaniac or overanalyse a poster, just look at the time difference.

But I am expected to analyze that it was posted at 1:07AM New Zealand time (barely into April Fools Day even there.)?

Which was commented on almost immediately in the thread.

All that showed up from your link was the single post. I didn't read the thread, just the one post from your link. I'll check out the rest of the thread.

Last edited:

Jan

Now, now. I take flack from kool-aid drinking Trekies continually. There's a level of religious fervor sounding the show that keeps them a-feared and threatened. Some people have grow up, of course, some people's tastes change and evolve. Some people don't. If I'm taking a lazy stab at the one who's tastes don't evolve, how does that make me a bad guy? I'm simply annoyed at people who still, twenty years later, are claiming that B5 is a ripoff of DS9, repeating the same old crap not because there's any truth to it, not because it's not easily disproved, but because it's an article of faith to them:

Trek is all there is and there can be nothing else.

I'm not as tolerant of that as I used to be, it gets old.

What he said.

You know, I wouldn't even consider posting something similar to....

http://www.trekbbs.com/showpost.php?p=4853008&postcount=1

....about a Trek show (e.g. DS9 or VOY) on this site or the JMSNews Forum site, even ON April Fools Day. I'd consider it bad form (not you bringing it up here Jan, but the original post on the Trek BBS.), and wouldn't be interested in stirring things up. I don't go out of my way to bring up and trash Trek shows that I don't like, and instead prefer to forget 'em.

Last edited:
Never mind, folks. Keep your prejudices and continue to pre-emptively take offense when none is meant. Forget I posted.

Jan

Prejudices and slams are what I expect from Trekkies, and the thread did contain a couple of disparaging remarks about B5. Notice that I have avoided any disparaging remarks about any Trek shows.
:)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back