• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New SciFi Magazine

bruckner

I picked up the first issue of the new SciFi magazine. The magazine ceased publication a few months ago -- but is now back and Legend of the Rangers is the lead story. G'Kar graces the cover and there are articles about Andreas and Dylan Neal inside. It's a fantastic way to start off the magazine and a terrific way to advertise the telemovie! Thanks SCIFI.

Sandy

------------------
Sandra Bruckner
Editor/Publisher
ISN News: The Zocalo Today (www.isnnews.net)

Hats off to sci-fi, they're really doing some hard work with B5 to raise it's profile. Now if only they could accomodate non-americans slightly better (same goes to warner bros.).
laugh.gif
Or perhaps I should move.... hmmm *raises eyebrow*.
smile.gif

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light

This is good news..this is really freaking me out a coupel months ago people were complaining about the lack of publicity...and look at it now..

thx for the notice Sandy

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited December 16, 2001).]

Now all that everyone needs to do is watch it, so all the work was worthwhile =)

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Funny, but I think I used to get my copy of SciFi magazine before it went on the stands. I hope mine is in the mail soon, or they may have messed up in the subscription department.

------------------
(Spirit): “If it is too hard a lesson for you to learn, then learn this lesson:”
[Shows emaciated children at his feet.] (Ebenezer): “Are these yours?” (Spirit): “They are Man’s. They cling to me for protection from their fetters. This boy is ignorance, this girl is want. Beware them both, but most of all, beware this boy.” (Ebenezer): “Have they no refuge, no resource?” (Spirit): “Are there no prisons, are there no workhouses?”

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this if I don't have a subscription? I haven't seen it in any Barnes and Nobles.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

I got my copy at a Books-a-Million outlet. I'm sure Barnes & Noble and Borders will get their copies soon. Just keep an eye out for it. It's hard to miss. G'Kar looks terrific on the cover.

Sandy

------------------
Sandra Bruckner
Editor/Publisher
ISN News: The Zocalo Today (www.isnnews.net)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark Lord:
Or perhaps I should move.... hmmm *raises eyebrow*.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder how the immigration officials would react if I gave "I want to see the B5: Rangers movie" as a reason for a visa request?
laugh.gif

BTW, I guess this SciFi magazine doesn't have an online outlet, right?
frown.gif
Or does anyone know if it could be ordered online?

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
I wonder how the immigration officials would react if I gave "I want to see the B5: Rangers movie" as a reason for a visa request?
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on over, Kribu.
wink.gif
We'll fire up the airbed and pop up some popcorn.

Only thing is, Austin doesn't usually have snow in Jan, so you'll have to do without that... a small price to pay for more G'kar, right? lol

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I wonder how the immigration officials would react if I gave "I want to see the B5: Rangers movie" as a reason for a visa request?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as it's a Tourist Visa, they probably wouldn't even Blink.
They'd assume you were here to tour Universal Studios or MGM or something.

Tourists actually DO come here for that very reason.
shocked.gif
tongue.gif
crazy.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Actually, for the last year or two, it's been very hard to get a tourist visa to the US - yes, even a tourist visa. Especially when you're from Eastern Europe, still fairly young, single, female, no kids.

Apparently they assume that we are all potential illegal immigrants or want to do illegal work - since a person from that part of the world isn't really rich enough to be a tourist, right?
crazy.gif

Several friends of mine have had their requests turned down. No reason given, of course - but knowing these people, they did not intend to break any laws.
And with each turned down request, it becomes harder to apply again, as it becomes just more likely that you're turned down again.
frown.gif

So I think I'll have to pass. Although it is a tempting thought - to come over to see the movie.
laugh.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:

So I think I'll have to pass. Although it is a tempting thought - to come over to see the movie.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Okay, I'll put the airbed back in the closet then.
wink.gif

Sorry to hear that getting a tourist visa has been such a hassle. I don't however, expect it will get any easier over the next little while.
frown.gif

Hopefully, the movie will do spectacularly well, be immediately green lighted to series, and been seen in a format our international contingent can see within a year.

Hey, a technomage can hope.
smile.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Technomage Roanna:
Hey, a technomage can hope.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope is all we have.
wink.gif

Yeah, you can put that airbed back. Be ready to take it out again though, if there will be a series and I don't see it in our TV schedules - I might just try and sneak in to the US somehow.
laugh.gif

It does suck though - I was actually thinking about maybe choosing the States as my next year's holiday destination, since I am finally in the position to afford a trans-Atlantic holiday, if I really wanted to, but with all the discouraging tales my friends have been telling, I don't think I want to even risk applying for a visa.

------------------

Bummer about the tourist Visa thing Kribu.
frown.gif
Now I can't talk you into popping into Ohio to see me on any future trip here to the US that you might want to take.
frown.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

If you put Disney World as the destination for your Tourist Visa, they are more likely to believe you.

Disney spends a Lot of money being nice to various politicians, too.
crazy.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Currently, business at Disney is Way Down, so there are bargains to be had. The Orlando area has more Hotel Rooms than any other city in the world, because of Disney, so when business drops in half, a Lot of people notice.
If Disney hears that tourists are being denied Tourist Visas to visit the Mouse House, they will talk to Florida's Governor, Jeb.
The Governor will then talk to his Brother George W.

See, only two steps away from someone famous.
shocked.gif
crazy.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
If you put Disney World as the destination for your Tourist Visa, they are more likely to believe you.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm... not a bad idea. Of course, they'll also expect me to show them a plane ticket to Florida and proof of hotel room booking but Disney World sounds like a fun place anyway.
laugh.gif
shocked.gif

------------------

Back