• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A Veritable Cloud of Ships

G'Quon

I'm interested in people's thoughts on the ships of b5..

I am a fan of the Narn. I really liked their rugged, smooth-looking ships. Seems to me they were the only race who fought the Shadows alone at any point. The G'Quon Cruisers didn't have very long shelf lives during the series, but they would't back down.

I'm not a fan of the smaller Vorlon ships, like fighters and transports. Something about the shape. But the Dreadnoughts sure look good.

During the Voice In the Wilderness episodes, Varn's people show up in their warships. They remind me of older sci fi stuff, like Star Wars ships (but i am no expert). They were different from all the other ships in the series, but were ripped apart by beam weapons just the same.

I like the Whitestars the best. They're sleek, fast and they look pretty cool. They could stand up pretty darn well against the Shadow vessels and fared well against the EA ships they went up against during the Civil War.

I'm interested in people's thoughts on the ships of b5..

During the Voice In the Wilderness episodes, Varn's people show up in their warships. They remind me of older sci fi stuff, like Star Wars ships (but i am no expert). They were different from all the other ships in the series, but were ripped apart by beam weapons just the same.

Well it was a conjoined ship that had the ability to separate into smaller sections.

The beam weapon that ripped through it wasn't any ordinary old laser though... it was eradicated by the Great Machine on Epsilon III

I loved the White Stars as well, especially there agility and ability to turn on the head of a pin.

It's a shame we didn't get to see more of the Warlock class destroyer.

Please!!!:devil:

No love for the Shadows?:LOL:

Shadow Battlecrabs, the big ones were the coolest ships EVER!!!:thumbsup:

Please!!!:devil:

No love for the Shadows?:LOL:

Shadow Battlecrabs, the big ones were the coolest ships EVER!!!:thumbsup:

Agreed. Seeing those ships and how DIFFERENT they were from anything else I had seen is one thing that got me curious about this show called "Babylon 5"

Still love them.

I'm a complete fleet junkie, I devout sections of my episode reviews to highlighting new ships and breaking down how they fare in battle. Out of all the ships seen in B5 I'm most a fan of the Warlock Class from the EA and the Victory Class from the ISA.

My favorites are Lorien's ship, it looks old and funky,
and Kosh's ship, like a friendly squid, that would sing to you...

Count me in as another fan of the awesome Whitestars, even if I think they're silly to put the bridge in such a vulnerable place. I also like the Minbari cruisers, the shape is so organic somehow.

I like how a lot of the ships look like animals.

I hadn't noticed that the Vorlon transports look like squids. Now that i think of it, the Dreadnought was a bit like an octopus, with less legs.

The Primus is like a ray, and the Sentri fighters remind me of the brims of baseball hats.

If u put the fingertips of one hand together against its thumb, there is kind of the shape of a Minbari Sharlin Cruiser. But from afar that ships looks more like an angel fish. And the flyers they use are like flying squirrels. Maybe that is where the name came from.

I was looking at some turtles one day and noticed how much the colour pattern on their shells looked like the pattern on the Narn Heavy Cruiser. And the shape of that ship is like the head of a snake. And the way a snake's tongue zaps (usually) straight forward is like the ship's forward cannon.

The Hyperion is like a space-submarine, which will probably exist someday. Plugging in a chord one day, the prongs reminded me of an Omega coming out of hyperspace.

And Vree Saucers. Aren't those just contact lenses blowing out of your eyes in horrendous winds, catching the neon lights of downtown and drifting peacefully into the nigh?

The design of Vorlon and Minbari ships is incredible, without any cubic shapes or 90 degrees angles.I also like the Star Furies.They are not very powerful but their ability to manoeuvre is impressive.

Yes, Garlic!

I followed a link i found on another thread that has a lot of info on the ships of b5. Some really neet stuff. But i forgot to bookmark it. I think the thread was Need Episode Suggestions.

The designer for the Narn ships said his first idea was to have them made of wood.

My favorite B5 ship is one of the First Ones ships in "Into the Fire." It's big and it's apparently in pieces and it glows, and it seems like when it fires its main cannon, run for cover... preferrably to the next galaxy over.

My favorite B5 ship is one of the First Ones ships in "Into the Fire." It's big and it's apparently in pieces and it glows, and it seems like when it fires its main cannon, run for cover... preferrably to the next galaxy over.

This one?

firstone2.jpg

It's a bit too Mr Potato Head for my tastes.

I think one ship I really do love, is the First One ship that looks like a bunch of almonds glued together. It's primary weapon seems to be a rapid pulse firing energy projectile:

firstone1.jpg

Cool pix Galahad. Both of those look cool, but neither looks like any description of a ship to me.

Yeah, that first one is the one I was thinking of, Galahad; I mean, the flare of its main gun is almost as big as the whole ship! How can you not love that?

Sorry, my bad, I wasn't specific enough in my former post. I know they're ships from the show, but they don't look like ships to me. Not the way the ships of the younger races, even the Minbari, do.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back