• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Failed Babylon 5 Projects

It's interesting how many of these projects include a ship being destroyed or left abandoned under mysterious circumstances.....

1) In Crusade, Matthew Gideon's former ship, the Cerberus, was destroyed by unknown forces
2) In Legend of the Rangers, the former crew of the Liandra were seemingly betrayed and killed by unknown forces
3) In The Memory of Shadows, the brother of an Earth Force intelligence officer is aboard a ship that explodes without explanation
4) In the 2nd treatment for B5 The Motion Picture, a Whitestar is left adrift in space when the two Rangers aboard are killed/missing. In the same project, an EA ship named the Vesper is mysteriously lost when it crashes on an uncharted planet, due to unknown reasons

Ultimately, the legacy of The First Ones/The Shadows is behind each of the above.

(Ok, I'm guessing at LotR, but it's a pretty safe bet)

Last edited:
1) In Crusade, Matthew Gideon's former ship, the Cerberus, was destroyed by unknown forces
Yes it was Shadow tech, but it was an Earth ship, according to "End of the Line".

3) In The Memory of Shadows, the brother of an Earth Force intelligence officer is aboard a ship that explodes without explanation
Where'd you find information on this one? I've never seen anything about the story anywhere.

Yes it was Shadow tech, but it was an Earth ship, according to "End of the Line".

Yes, the technology they left behind was the Shadow's legacy. It was this tech that resulted in the hybrid going on a killing spree.

Where'd you find information on this one? I've never seen anything about the story anywhere.

From the site linked to in the OP.

If so, I'd sure like to know about it too. For that matter, I'm uncertain where the OP is getting that info.

Jan

Back