• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New Season of Battlestar Galatica (SPOILERS)

Decal

Regular
Well just finished watching the new episode of BSG. Noted they flashed 3 alot during the episode with Tye flashbacks to the door. Then there was Gaeta impathamy of networking the computers and he brings together the 3 soap containors together. And think they networked 3 computers together. Dunno if to make of it , if it just one of those intentional coincedence the creator put in that he will never answer like the 33 min of the 1st episode of last season, or it could be point to cylon #3 or something.

I reeeeeally really reallyreallyreally want Tigh's wife to be a Cylon. Sure, it might seem a little too obvious, but every time she's in a scene I just want to arrange an intimate meeting between her and a random object moving at high velocity.

Although it will be light years before I see it (having only seen season 1 because of a DVD purchase), I'm looking forward to it.

Glen A Larson does have some involvement on it doesn't he? At least as consultant. I'm hoping that they will follow the same basic plot, but just handle it better. I liked the idea of the ship of light subtly appearing every so often and assisting the original Galactica to Earth.

If they eventually re-do the Pegasus storyline, that could be interesting. The Battlestar Pegasus in this version would have to be a more modern ship (we know that the Galactica was the last of the old kind). For it to survive, they'd have had to pull the plug on the old systems before encountering cylons. It would be interesting to see the clash of agenda's between the Pegasus and the Galactica's respective commands, especially with the Galactica being technologically inferior.

Recoil, I'm wth you. Someone "activated" Sharon when she shot Adama. And now we have a new clue pointing to Gaeta's complicity, he's the one that messed up the fleet vs Galactica's jump coordinates.

Although it will be light years before I see it (having only seen season 1 because of a DVD purchase), I'm looking forward to it.

Glen A Larson does have some involvement on it doesn't he? At least as consultant. I'm hoping that they will follow the same basic plot, but just handle it better. I liked the idea of the ship of light subtly appearing every so often and assisting the original Galactica to Earth.

If they eventually re-do the Pegasus storyline, that could be interesting. The Battlestar Pegasus in this version would have to be a more modern ship (we know that the Galactica was the last of the old kind). For it to survive, they'd have had to pull the plug on the old systems before encountering cylons. It would be interesting to see the clash of agenda's between the Pegasus and the Galactica's respective commands, especially with the Galactica being technologically inferior.

I think it's cool how they are starting to deal with things that were in the original BSG. A lot of original fans weren't happy with the new BSG at first, so this is a way to keep them watching the show. Personally, I feel the new version is 10 times better than the original, but it is great that they are going back to things in the first version.

OT question: I caught SG-1 last night. Is Claudia Black a permanent cast member, or just a guest star? I thought she was great on the show last night, very funny.

Tammy

Claudia Black is a Guest star, but she is recurring (She was in a two part episode, I think, last year where she stole the Promethius). I believe she's supposed to be in at least 4 episodes this year. Probably one of the deciding factors for turning to Ben Browder, so they could capitalize on Ben and Claudia's previous chemistry.

Recoil, I'm wth you. Someone "activated" Sharon when she shot Adama. And now we have a new clue pointing to Gaeta's complicity, he's the one that messed up the fleet vs Galactica's jump coordinates.

I just hope Dualla isn't a cylon... I like her!

Back to your point regarding Gaeta. You may have a point. Wasn't he the one who investigated Baltar in season 1? I can't remember how that was practically resolved. I only know after Baltar repented, he was miraculously cleared.

Yea he was. He was on the bridge when Adama was shot. He was the one who "accidentally" lost the fleet. Although he did help find it again, so not sure what the point of that was, if it was intentional. Either way, a lot of dirt on this boy. Hes a freakin robot, I'm sure of it.

Because being on Galactica is so incredibly safe. :p ...especially now with a pod of Cylons having boarded the ship.

Oh another point, glad to see the US adopt the UK tune and drop the annoying drum clip bit and horrible logo!

Oh another point, glad to see the US adopt the UK tune and drop the annoying drum clip bit and horrible logo!

Which tune is which... I've only known the one on the DVD, which does have the drums, clips and logo.

The reason I ask is because I think the music on the DVD is ok. It has a solemn downbeat tinge to it which is appropriate considering what they are running from.

First of all, Larson's attachment to the series is an honorary title to shut him up, nothing more. He has no influence or power over the series or the stories...thank the gods! Larson is a terrible writer.

They are NOT following the original Larson concept. They have taken elements of it, but have completely altered what it all means. You have to realize that the original Larson plot had a lot to do with Mormon beliefs and preaching those beliefs via the show (since Larson is a Mormon). Moore and Eick are NOT Mormon and have taken the concept and made it more universal in its belief systems and approach. It is now more of a mental exercise and wandering into the concepts of religion and its influence on societies.

Point is, we don't have any idea where exactly this is going.

As for the Pegasus, there has been a consistent rumor that, indeed, they will eventually encounter the Pegasus, but it has only been rumor.

As for the light ship that appeared in the first series, don't hold your breath that such an episode will appear in the new one. For one thing, that light ship episode was a terribly done show, badly written and very preachy. It makes me wretch.

The new series is gritty and realistic, so don't expect to see "Angel Aliens" appear anytime soon, or at all. In fact, there has not been and appears there will not be any mention of or meeting with any aliens that are non-human (except Cylons) in the new series....which is an interesting tact to take.

What you also have to realize is that the new series has been completely original in its approach to SF storylines. We haven't seen the standard SF show episodes or stories appear and are not likely to. The originality of the show is part of why it is so great.

As to Gaeta being a Cylon...I don't think he is. My prediction is that it will be someone we do not suspect. This show has been filled with twists and surprises...given that, Gaeta is too obvious.

As to them using ideas from the original series to appease the blind and angry fans of the original, you've misread their actions. They have never said they would give on anything to bring diehards back to the fold...and in fact, they don't have to, since the new series is doing phenomenally well worldwide....a 1000 times better than the original ever came close to.

Either the old series diehard fans will come around...or they won't...but don't expect Moore or Eick to bow to them to get them back...they've said they won't and won't apologize for what they're doing with the universe. The closest you'll see to them bowing to old series fans is what they've already done in casting Hatch as a recurring character (and he's much better in the new series than he was in the old one). Had Benedict not been such an ass, they might've cast him in a role as well.

Moore has completely blossomed on this show into a writer and creator I have come to deeply respect. When he was under RB's control he was clearly being held down, since his talent is showing so much more wonderfully on BG.

Oh and Antony...Peniket it not a full cast member...I'm not certain he will ever make it back to Galactica. I think his character will meet an untimely, yet perhaps herioc end.

As to SG-1, yes, CB is a recurring character, appearing in the first 5 eps of the new season (and possibly again later, who knows). They needed someone to fill in while AT was out having her baby, so they brought CB's character in. It was perfect since that would put BB's first eps with CB to play on their FARSCAPE background. However, the writers in the premier went to great lengths to give them almost no interaction. They are trying to make certain the fans know these are two very different and new characters.

There were, however, about four wonderful allusions to FARSCAPE and events in that show between CB and BB. Those were the only bones I suspect they will throw...but if you saw it, it was a frelling funny ass bunch of bones.

CE

Recoil, why would he find the fleet again? See VL's reply about a pod full of Cylons.

Yes, Gaeta is the obvious one, but, the obvious one, isn't always the wrong choice. He's guilty until they show me otherwise, and then I'll be pleasantly surprised when I'm proven wrong ;)

*Edited to change the obvious "Is" to the obvious one "Isn't"*

But I think at some point, you run into the CTU mole phenomenon. Everybody can't be a Cylon. If so, Galactica wouldn't have come so far. Someone with Gaeta's level of access would most likely been able to bring them down a long time ago.

As for the breaching / assault pod. Will someone tell me why it's just sitting there unattended? Repair crews in space suits should've been in the landing pod immediately and strike teams should be dispatched whenever the ship receives a substantial penetration.

I, for one, am amazed they actually got through an entire episode without any gratuitous sex thrown in. Not bad.

As for the breaching / assault pod. Will someone tell me why it's just sitting there unattended? Repair crews in space suits should've been in the landing pod immediately and strike teams should be dispatched whenever the ship receives a substantial penetration.

I wondered the same thing myself. But lets bear in mind that within minutes after it crashed, the Galactics went into FTL --- so you couldn't really dispatch when that was going on. Right after that they arrived, found the fleet, and basically thats when the episode ended. They just showed the Cylons getting off right at the end, so really its not like they have just forgotten about it and let it sit there. Its more like the episode ended within minutes of it crashing so there hasn't been time to react fully to it.

I suspect we will see them reacting quickly at the start of the next episode.

I have noticed in future episode titles, there is one tantalisngly named "Pegasus".

I still thing Dualla is cute!

If they get rid of Helo, I am going to be pissed. Not that Apollo isn't easy on the eyes as well, and also can pull off an American accent quite well.
By the way, any fans in the Bay Area by chance???
I missed the show and now live by the Bay, so if anyone knows anyone...let me know.

Jendia

I dont think Gaeta is a Cylon either, just a guy trying to do his job and unfortunately made a mistake..Thats what makes them human instead of Cylons.. :p

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back