B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old July 27th 03, 23:39   #1
solaris5
Dead Account

A Club For People.....

That are not going to see Seabiscuit... EVER.
I saw the preview a long time ago. First impressions as follows:
-Good god! Didn't we kill that idiot that played Spiderman?
-I wouldn't watch this movie if a terrorist organization threatened to kill me and my loved ones if I didn't.
-Some lame ass newspaper in tee dot gave it a very positive review. They gave Bad Boys 2, a movie which I absolutely loved, only 2 stars. Whatever, we all know what I think of movie critics.
-Ebert and Roper, hate Bad Boys 2. Ebert seems to LOVE Tomb Raider 2 (which I just watched, it was a godawful movie, and I wanted my money back), and they're both ranting and raving about Seabiscuit.

What I want to know is, are there people out there that are willing to stand against this evil and boycott Seabiscuit??
We can make it a club, and have meetings and stuff. With beer, lots of beer
solaris5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th 03, 00:53   #2
GKarsEye
First One

Re: A Club For People.....

I've seen neither Bad Boys 2 (or 1) nor Sea Biscuit. But if I had to choose, I'd choose the horse movie over the Michael Bay cheesy action sequel with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th 03, 06:24   #3
channe
First One

Saw it. It was really quite good. If you choose to miss out, your loss. And critics are subjective. Just because I don't like women doesn't mean you don't like women.

Calm down. It's only a movie about a horse.
channe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th 03, 11:26   #4
A_Ranger
First One

Yeah but that horse has the stupidist name ever. I almost don't want to see the movie becuase it has the worst title ever
A_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th 03, 12:07   #5
channe
First One

Pardon me if I overstep the line here, but that's the dumbest reason I have ever heard to not see a movie.
channe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th 03, 13:28   #6
sassy
First One

ok i am anti sebiscuit COMMERCIALS!
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th 03, 13:45   #7
Mindwalker
First One

is it not obvious if ebert LOVES the movie you will hate it and if he HATES the movie you will love it!
Mindwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th 03, 15:56   #8
Glacophane
Ambassador

I'll probably catch Seabiscuit when it come out on DVD and I saw Bad Boys II on Saturday. Wasn't a bad movie, but I actually looked at my watch wondering when it was gonna end. Speaking of horse movies, I kinda wanna see Hidalgo, with Viggo Mortensen. And then on Halloween they are re-releasing the original (director's cut) of Alien to theaters. I'm down for that.
Glacophane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th 03, 16:45   #9
solaris5
Dead Account

Quote:
Yeah but that horse has the stupidist name ever. I almost don't want to see the movie becuase it has the worst title ever
Atleast I despise the actor starring in it, and consider the overall storyline to be incredulously lame. But hey, the name can be a reason, just as long as you're a part of the club, I can respect your reason.

GKE - Stuff blowing up, fast cars, witty comments, really hot black chick VS the most annoying human being... on a horse. I'm very very dissapointed.
Okay, so my main reason is that I hate the actor starring in it, but I hate him an AWFUL LOT! Even more so than...... DiCaprio, and I used to hate him quite a bit.
solaris5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th 03, 19:25   #10
GKarsEye
First One

Of all the reasons you gave for seeing Bad Boys II, only one captures my attention.

Mmm... Gabrielle Union

As for stuff blowing up and fast cars... been there, seen that... boring. Witty comments? I'll stick to Monty Python and Oscar Wilde for those.

And I don't hate Toby McGuire. I actually thought he was the best thing about Spider Man.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote