B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old June 28th 03, 23:28   #1
sassy
First One

matrix reloaded spoilers

so i saw this movie tonight..

omg i am so ripped off! i can't believe it! there was just a waste of time...all these action scenes just for NOTHING!

it was almost as bad as lord of the rings.
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th 03, 01:35   #2
Mindwalker
First One

Re: matrix reloaded spoilers

what DOES it take to please the great sassy when it comes to movies anyway? Chick Flicks?
Mindwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th 03, 11:40   #3
sassy
First One

well it needs to have a PLOT. it needs to have a begining, middle, and ending.

matrix had no ending..it just stopped.

"TO BE CONTINUED" is not an ending. Hollywood has really dupped the public into believing this.
Old June 29th 03, 12:23   #4
Mindwalker
First One

Well I know this has been tried before but I just have to try at least once...Thats becuase the ending is in the next movie this movie was only ONE PART OF TWO!

there now that I've smashed my head aginst "fortress sassy" I'm going back to feeding my evil troll monkeys.
Mindwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th 03, 14:49   #5
AntonyF
Administrator

No, I agree with Sassy on this *faints* it was wrong.

Movies should be standalone... if you wanted to watch just #2, you should be able to.

But they got a bit too big for their boots ending it that way.
AntonyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th 03, 21:34   #6
sassy
First One

exactly ant! like SW. granted all the Starwars movies were all ONE big movie, each movie stood alone and had an ending.
Old June 29th 03, 22:45   #7
Fas
Psi Cop

So just because Matrix did it different, its wrong? IŽll admit it was annoying to end it that way, and that what you are saying was my first thought, though. But anyways its not like its going to take another two years for the next movie .

I mean, check out the ending of Back To The Future 1 and 2. Not as ubrupt, i know, but it doesnŽt really "end" there.
Fas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th 03, 10:48   #8
GKarsEye
First One

This is the same argument as Lord of the Rings, but it's even more true this time, because there was a lot of press all over the place that the third movie is coming out in the fall. They only put 6 months between two installments of a film series, which I believe is unprecedented.

The public wasn't "dupped."
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th 03, 12:57   #9
PillowRock
Psi Cop

I agree with GKE. To have gone into Matrix Reloaded(or either of the first 2 LotR movies) expecting there to anything approaching closure when the credits rolled requires willfully ignoring the avelanche of publicity etc. surrounding the movie.

And am I to understand that sassy thought that The Empire Strikes Back had an actual ending? It's basically the same ending that she so bemoaned in Fellowship of the Ring. In both cases nothing is resolved in the "Big Picture" and we leave off with the idea of "We're going to have to rescue Han / the Hobits ..... Somehow .... sometime ..... somewhere."
PillowRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th 03, 13:59   #10
sassy
First One

well, take B5 for example...each episode could stand on its own. there was a plot and a subplot. as well as a continuing 5 year story line.

also i expect a movie to have the basic points: a beginning, a middle and an end. didn't ya'll go to school? didn't you learn anything in Composition class? these are the BASIC teachings they teach us.

in order for something to be good it is considered to have a protagonist, antagonist, and a plot. you know..a POINT.

so there wasn't a plot in matrix, except for a basic one such as a sex scene and some hi special effects fight scenes. are you men really this shallow? that u think 'show me some sex and some fighting?' that u completely gloss over the fact that u sat watching the screen EXPECTING an ending that never happened? oh so the dude just wanders around his city, then the matrix, then seeks the oricle for NO FUCKING REASON. he goes into the room and the all powerful dude says, oh well, your city is going to die..and then nothing....

what point of NOTHING happend don't ya'll get?

as for the arguement "oh, there is part 2.' bullshit. each movie should stand on its own.

i can't believe you buy into hollywoods MONEY making scam of 'oh theres two movies!' hook line and sinker! its a frelling SCAM~ to get more money out of you! thats IT!

for your $7 you are paying for an ENDING! you are paying for a POINT! but oooooooooh no..u want to pay $14 for the ending..

WHO is the one being dupped now?