• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Reboot?? Is it true??!!?!

I can't get Tucson channels without having a t.v. service provider. I think Hulu LIve TV may have carried it. I'll check Amazon Prime and HBO Max, as well. I still have both of those and some of them have networks you can add onto your package. Thanks, though, it's good to know that KGUN from Tucson would have it. It's hard to find the local news on these t.v. plans if you are in an area smaller, like Tucson is.

Edit: looks like I'll be renewing my Hulu LIve TV package when B5 airs.

"You can watch The CW live without cable with one of these streaming services:Hulu + Live TV, fuboTV, DirecTV Stream and YouTube TV. In this article, we’ll help you decide which streaming option is best for you."

https://flixed.io/how-to-watch-the-cw-without-cable/

How about getting it via The CW app. on your smartphone?

I didn't know that was free. I wouldn't mind installing it on my ipad and I can use Google Chromecast to watch it on the t.v. I didn't know television stations had free access via an app. Thanks!

Sorry late in on the discussion. Why not just use the CW App? Is it because of commercials? And are we sure it won't be on HBOMAX?

I didn't know that they had an App, it was mentioned a bit earlier in the thread. That is the way I'll go, probably. I need to remember that there's now an App for everything.

I didn't know that they had an App, it was mentioned a bit earlier in the thread. That is the way I'll go, probably. I need to remember that there's now an App for everything.

Yes there is. I REALLY hope it is on HBOMAX. Don't tell anyone, but I haven't subscribed to HBOMAX because I own the show on AMAZON so I don't need to see it on HBOMAX for the re-master. It would be great if I could subscribe to HBOMAX in a way that they know I am doing it for the new B5.

SIDE NOTE: The Orville Season 3 is premiering on HULU in March and the word is spreading that if you have a subscription you need to cancel it before the premier and then re-subscribe the day The Orville premiers. I am hoping we can create a similar effect for B5.

It would be convenient for me if it came out on HBO Max, but I'll see it one way or another.

As far as Orville goes, I was wondering if I should watch it. I gather it's been keeping your interest and I need a good, lighter series to watch. I'll have to check it out.

It would be convenient for me if it came out on HBO Max, but I'll see it one way or another.

As far as Orville goes, I was wondering if I should watch it. I gather it's been keeping your interest and I need a good, lighter series to watch. I'll have to check it out.

I enjoyed The Orville when it was on broadcast TV. I'm not sure I'm signing up for another streaming service just to watch it, but I thought it was a good show.

So the Orville can be lighter, but it can also get pretty heavy. I am currently watching Season One for the third time. While they do manage to throw comedy as often as they can fit it they also deal with some serious subject matter as well.

I can also tell you that now that it is on Hulu I believe the format has switched to nine 70min episodes. So if you do pickup a Hulu subscription know that the episodes will all be nearly movie length and will be movie length if you have commercials breaks.

I didn't know that was free. I wouldn't mind installing it on my ipad and I can use Google Chromecast to watch it on the t.v. I didn't know television stations had free access via an app. Thanks!

Yes, The CW app. is free. I WISH MeTV had such an app., but noooo. :rolleyes:

So the Orville can be lighter, but it can also get pretty heavy. I am currently watching Season One for the third time. While they do manage to throw comedy as often as they can fit it they also deal with some serious subject matter as well.

I can also tell you that now that it is on Hulu I believe the format has switched to nine 70min episodes. So if you do pickup a Hulu subscription know that the episodes will all be nearly movie length and will be movie length if you have commercials breaks.

I never dropped my Hulu subscription, I just got rid of the “Live TV” part. That package adds something like an extra $60 per month. If Orville isn’t entirely comedy, I will definitely check it out. I wasn’t sure if it was a comedy show or the usual mix of science fiction/comedy/drama. Mainly, I hope the writing is good.

Thanks for the recommendations, everybody!

If you watch the show it's pretty obvious that Seth MacFarlane is a big Star Trek TNG fan. It's obvious that The Orville was pitched as a TNG parody but after only a few episodes the comedy gets dialed way back down and there aren't that many jokes in the an episode. In fact by the later episodes there's about as much humour in an episode as you might expect in episodes of the show it's supposedly parodying.

At which point MacFarlane's true intention becomes obvious, pitch a parody TNG show to the executives, use the money to just make more TNG. And I'm perfectly fine with that. In fact I look forward to the return of The Orville far more than Discovery or Picard.

Last edited:
At which point MacFarlane's true intention becomes obvious, pitch a parody TNG show to the executives, use the money to just make more TNG. And I'm perfectly fine with that. In fact I look forward to the return of The Orville far more than Discovery or Picard.

Absolutely true my friend. :thumbsup:

I will miss the voice of Norm MacDonald as the voice of Yaphit, if the show returns.

DEFINITELY! I was sooooo glad he found a semi-normal regular spot on TV again. Terrible news when he passed. I honestly felt the Yaphit character was one of the more brilliant choices of MacFarlane. Funny guy hired to play a comedic seeming character that ended up getting actual depth.

Just think, if the Orville gets a fourth season we'll be able to discuss it and a new BABYLON 5. Just amazing.

Never looked at it that way before, but in hindsight...

Suits: What kind of a show will it be?
Seth: A Comedy Wagon Train to the Stars.
Suits: Have I heard of that pitch before?
Seth: Look - funny things!
Suits: HAHAHHA - Approved.

This HBO remastered version of B5 is SOOOOOO good!

They can do so much with this reboot! It's really exciting.

(...not to change the subject)

As a lifelong Trek fan, with TNG up there with my favourite shows, I couldn't believe how BAD Picard was. So much scope, and it was such a pile of turgid trash with zero character development. Plus, I now firmly believe a lot of shows are being ruined by forcing an arc plot, mostly one that isn't good enough for the the viewer to care about. So many shows have forgotten that you can tell a great story in 45 mins and STILL progress an arc.

DISCO was at least occasionally entertaining, but still far below the bar of what Trek should / could be. Also guilty of 'crap arc' syndrome.

Must admit, I was very unconvinced by Orville to begin with, but it grew on me and it's definitely nice comfort food TV. I'd actually love to see an episodal SF TV show again that isn't trying to do a season long / series long arc!

Last edited:
I enjoyed Picard, well at least until the last episode or so, when the plot was laid bare and turned out to be a bit naff. That and turning the Romulans into space elves.

I also enjoy Discovery, despite as Ubik puts it, crap arc syndrome. I'm able to look past that and see the good stuff in it. I find that the problem isn't that the current Trek writers can't write characters or long-running plots, it's that they can't write science fiction. That's where B5 had an advantage, in having JMS who knew science fiction inside and out. Star Trek TOS hired writers who knew science fiction. So did TNG. And it really shows in the stories they tell.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back