• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

RASTB5M postings?

But, yeah, it's probably all your fault! :p

Jan

And all this happens right at the time I want JMS to see my casting of "A B5 Cast Christmas Carol." ARGH!!! Strike while the iron's hot, and all that.....

ARGH!!!!!!

Evidently the guys who run Bob's Feed Store and Intenet Emporium never heard of the concept of "redundancy" (except in relation to the experiences of the ninth grade) so if something breaks it stays broke until Mr. Haney can have some parts brought in on the Canonball. :)

In Britain "being made redundant" means fired. So Bob's Feed Store definitely will not be redundant, they are still being used. ;)

And, Jan corrected me in fact: it's actually day four or five, depending on how you count it (the last message posted on the morning of the 2nd). I say this was our fifth day without the mod. Sob! It really _does_ figure, damn Murphy; JMS was posting, people were chatty, traffic was lively... A darned shame. :-(

This afternoon replies have started appearing again, although all but one of them are time stamped today, none of the posts I've had trapped in limbo for the past several days have showed up and I don't see Amy's Andreas tribute thread.

BTW, two of the new messages are from Jay, so apparenlty Bob got himself a new hamster or Mr. Hainey got the parts in. :D

Guess this means Mac is off the hook. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Don't worry. It will still be funny when JMS sees it. Around Easter. :)

At least it's not Easter. :LOL:

This afternoon replies have started appearing again, although all but one of them are time stamped today, none of the posts I've had trapped in limbo for the past several days have showed up and I don't see Amy's Andreas tribute thread.

BTW, two of the new messages are from Jay, so apparenlty Bob got himself a new hamster or Mr. Hainey got the parts in. :D

Guess this means Mac is off the hook. ;)

Well, the hamster could have a heart attack, and the train could go on the ground (That's "railroad speak" for a derailment.).

Wondering if I should repost my "B5 Cast Christmas Carol" one..... Hmmm.

Last edited:
Don't press your luck, Mac. :)

What, if two showed up, do you think he'd go 'round the bend? :eek:

Hey, I put some time into that sucker, and watched both the Alastair Sim and George C. Scott versions to put that together and get it right. Thought I did OK. :)

Well, I did it. I pressed my luck. :eek:

AND THEY WENT THROUGH! YAY!!!! :D

Last edited:
Actually I just got an email from Amy and she reports that there wasn't any backlog awaiting moderation so if anybody had posts not show up, you probably want to repost them.

Of course, historically, once you do that, the original posts DO show up. It's just one of those little quirks we "love" so much about the moderated newsgroup.

Jan

Just to clarify, I told Jan there was no backlog of messages when I went in to moderate, which was after that initial glob of about ten or fifteen messages posted. Probably those were all that were in there when Jay 'fixed' the newsgroup and initially moderated; the rest must be lost in the ether. I know that anything I posted after about 9:30 AM that day (Tuesday) wasn't there, so I just went into my "Sent" box and resent those few messages, which have now posted. I couldn't believe the damned ng went down just about right at the moment I sent the Andreas/Oscars memorial reel post!

Ressurecting an old thread since the subject fits.

Those of you who read or post to the moderated newsgroup have probably noticed that there haven't been any new posts since night before last. Word from Cheryl yesterday afternoon was that their ISP had major problems but she'd thought they were fixed so she was going to have Jay look at things. Since it's still down, the problem must not be fixed...or caused another problem.

I'll update here as I learn anything.

Jan

Thanks. I was wondering. The group would give Babbleon a run for its money, and for it to go completely silent....

Looks like a few posts got through today, dated:

Friday, September 28, 2007 11:14 PM
Saturday, September 29, 2007 8:24 PM
and
Sunday, September 30, 2007 1:37 PM

Looks like it may be coming back to life. There've been several posts now. Yay! Now everybody needs to re-post whatever got lost in the ether while it was down and we'll be back to normal. (crossed fingers)

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back