• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Letters from the Other Side [ SPOILERS! ]

Lyta

No one wants to talk about the season two opener over on my board so let's try to create some discussion over here. :)

If you do not want to talk about or read anything about the season two opener then turn back now. :D

Premieres Friday, October 10 at 10:00 PM (ET/PT)
Written by: J. Michael Straczynski
Directed By: Martin Wood

Jeremiah has come to Valhalla Sector and found his father but it seems Ezekiel was right - his presence may pave the way to disaster. With Markus and Erin also captives of Valhalla Sector's rulers, only Kurdy remains free to try to avert it.

Jeremiah (LUKE PERRY), Markus (PETER STEBBINGS) and Erin (INGRID KAVELAARS) are held as prisoners at Valhalla Sector, where Jeremiah's father, Devon (ROBERT WISDEN), tells his son that his presence has given those in charge a dangerous advantage in their effort to take control of the country. Military dictators of Valhalla Sector use Jeremiah to try to force Devon to reveal the secret of the Black Death. Kurdy (MALCOLM-JAMAL WARNER), dodging pursuers, encounters the enigmatic Mister Smith (SEAN ASTIN) who says God is sending him messages. One message is for Kurdy to stop trying to find his friend; he will find him if he gives himself over to those who are chasing him. Eventually, Kurdy is captured -- by Lee Chen (BYRON LAWSON), who takes him back to Thunder Mountain.

Jeremiah meets Devon's lab assistant, Liberty 'Libby' Kaufman (JOANNE KELLY) who tends to him after the Valhalla Sector leaders torture him in an attempt to break Devon's resolve.

At Thunder Mountain, Lee introduces Kurdy to Meaghan (SUZY JOACHIM) and outlines a desperate plan to get Jeremiah, Markus and Erin released in exchange for Meaghan. The unsuspecting leaders of Valhalla Sector agree to the swap.

Premieres Friday, October 17 at 10:00 PM (ET/PT)
Written by: J. Michael Straczynski
Directed By: Martin Wood

Kurdy meets the mysterious Mister Smith. Reluctantly, they join others from Thunder Mountain in Lee Chen's danger-ridden plan to rescue Jeremiah, Markus and Erin from Valhalla Sector

While Valhalla Sector prepares to exchange Markus and Erin, Lee Chen and Kurdy convince a group of dubious Thunder Mountain volunteers to undertake a mission to attack Valhalla Sector. Although they still do not trust Lee, the group has faith in Kurdy and agrees to the mission.

The leaders take Devon prisoner and place him in the cell next to Jeremiah. Father and son know the leaders are exchanging Markus and Erin but they cannot imagine what Thunder Mountain is offering in exchange -- except that it must provide a key to the Big Death.

When the exchange takes place, Markus sees Meaghan but is unable to stop her from carrying out her part in the drama. Meanwhile, the Thunder Mountain forces launch their attack on Valhalla Sector. Mister Smith makes his way to the battle just in time to save Kurdy from a sleeper agent within the attack team as the Valhalla Sector leaders return to the base and lock it down with Jeremiah, Devon, Libby and Meaghan inside. As the Big Death spreads through Valhalla Sector, Libby's quick thinking provides a way for Jeremiah and Devon to try attempt survival amidst the turmoil.

For more information, visit our episode guide page at:
http://abyss.hubbe.net/jeremiah/eps/s2.html#01
http://abyss.hubbe.net/jeremiah/eps/s2.html#02

Wowee, sounds like great stuff.

I'm going to have to annoy a friend into taping this for me (no Showtime for the mighty GKarsEye :( ).

With such an involving, continuous story in place, a part of me doesn't want to invest the energy into getting into it and then not having JMS complete it.

I know but I would rather see where he is going to take us and if it doesn't go anywhere ... well, it's not like it is a new feeling really. :p

If you have been visiting my site at all, there have been some interesting hints about what might be happening next season which is just huge. I hope to get a newsletter out this weekend to get everyone pumped up.

Channe? ;)

I didn't want to read it, but duty called. Ok, ok, I couldn't help myself. I was drooling.

Newsletter ho!

Back