• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

uh-oh....this doesn't sound good.

Re: uh-oh....this doesn\'t sound good.

My understanding is that it was mainly the other way around...Winchester merged with Content in a buyout of Content's stock...in short a takeover.

So Winchester is the one to write to. And Winchester is the one listed on the casting sheets.
Their website says
ContentFilm Plc creates and distributes filmed entertainment. The company occupies a unique niche as a production, sales, and distribution company based in London, with strong ties to the American film industry, and it plans to exploit that niche by combining quality UK and European productions with larger, studio-driven films.

The company was formed by the merger of ContentFilm, Inc., a US corporation, and Winchester Entertainment Plc, an AIM listed UK company, in March 2004.
It is entirely possible that these casting sheets were put together long ago and are just now seeing the light of day. I don't think it hurts too much to refer to the company by one of its old names, but to be correct we should use the term they themselves tell us to use: ContentFilm Plc.

Here is the share information on Contentfilm PLC
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CFL.L

It is one third of the value in March and a fair number of shares have been traded.

The UK part has a market capital of 8.22 million pounds. It will need to bring in some big investors to finance a Babylon 5 film.

It is not the £20 million pounds we have to worry about but the 70%.

Well, the way I read your post, the tax relief is only for low budget British films. So if the film's not low budget, whether it meets the standard of being British or not doesn't really matter. Which probably explains why big-budget effects pictures film in the UK with non-British stars fairly frequently.

It is not the £20 million pounds we have to worry about but the 70%.

Well, the way I read your post, the tax relief is only for low budget British films. So if the film's not low budget, whether it meets the standard of being British or not doesn't really matter. Which probably explains why big-budget effects pictures film in the UK with non-British stars fairly frequently.
There will be a similiar set of rules for big films.

Winchester instigated a hostile takeover of Content...that's not my point...either way they are one and the same.

However, no one mail to Winchester just yet! My source was not what I thought it was and the other one I cannot confirm as yet, so the connection to Winchester is still cirsumstantial at the moment. So everyone hold off until we can confirm.

Sorry for the inconvenience...please go on about your business. ;)

CE

Winchester Entertainment
19 Heddon Street
London
W1B 4BG
United Kingdom

Tel: 0207 851 6500
Fax: 0207 851 6505

A W1 postal address!!!

That address is not only in London it is in the very expensive centre of London. It is in the Mayfair district just off Regent Street.

Within a half-mile walk they have Regent's Park, Hyde Park, Green Park, St James's Park, the posh Oxford Street shops, Charing Cross railway station and the River Thames.

The purpose of that address must be to impress the investors because I doubt there are many media companies in that part of London.

I work about 15 mins from here, in St James SW1Y. There are several media concerns with offices around here, including Universal and MTV. It is also quite near Soho. I guess impressing shareholders is the main reason though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back