• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

My Opinion

Man, that was a damn good hour and a half! I see a bright future for this, I do I do! Finally, I have found a good use for that digital cable of mine.
lol.gif

------------------
"I have seen what power does, and I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other." --G'Kar "Epiphanies"

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." --Sima Yi

G'Kar's City-State!

I agree. We needed a sci-fi type show like this. No aliens, spaceships or anything else to that effect. For now at least. Who knows what is to come :)

capt

------------------
DS9 and B5. Who would have thought 2 of my fav shows would take place on stations in the middle of nowhere :)

I find it odd that seemingly half of the people I know here don't have the channel. It sucks, but what ya gonna do?

Hurm.... go out and buy the channel! NOW!
laugh.gif

------------------
"I have seen what power does, and I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other." --G'Kar "Epiphanies"

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." --Sima Yi

G'Kar's City-State!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G Kar of the Kha Ri:
Hurm.... go out and buy the channel! NOW! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, well you have to consider that it isn't even a possibility for some people and for others it isn't worth the extra $30/month or so that it takes to get the show.
wink.gif

Still, I thought it was an excellent introduction. Great characters and the story has time to develop. Knowing how JMS works, he is just setting us up and lull us into a sense of security ... then he will pull the carpet from under us.
wink.gif

I am anxious to see the next installment and see where the road takes us.

I have not been big fans of Perry or Warner but they truely shined in this show.

It was also interesting to see how JMS did when the restraints were taken off and it seems to suit him well. A tad bit gratuitous on the nipple factor but it wasn't so much that it interfered with the enjoyment of the show. I think it is actually a relief to watch a show without boundries.

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Abyss : Jeremiah
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

Hey guys. Glad those of you that were lucky enough to see it liked it. We had a cast and crew screening on Sat night. Lots of cool stuff, did you catch a beared and long haired yours truly in the begining, middle and end? Yep Dulann has transformed into Ezekiel.
Take care...Alex Z.
laugh.gif

------------------
Dulann

Hey Alex! Great to see you and hope we get to see more of you. Oooh the mystery and suspense!

It was funny because of course, I knew who you were but my husband has been out of the loop on a lot of the Jeremiah stuff. At the end of the show he said, "Hey, he looks familiar! Wasn't he a Minbari?" I laughed and said, "Yes honey, he was." He is definitely not the most observant nor does he have the best memory so kudos that you made an impression on him.
smile.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Abyss : Jeremiah
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

Hey, Alex!

Overheard at the Luke Perry chat: "What was up with that guy with the beard, huh? Did you catch him in the bar?"

That's about all I caught of your performance (as I can't afford the extra $30 a month for Showtime).

Oh, well. We all know Ezekiel's the real star of this show. Keep us tuned as to when that fight scene is.
wink.gif

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

Yep i caught ya alex. Your first time on screen I said "I know that guy from somewhere". Then i looked at my desktop picture "HEY thats the minbari". hehe. good show. cant wait till the next episode

capt

pS-Where do you people pay $30 for showtime? Here its $13 for like 4 or 5 different showtimes

------------------
DS9 and B5. Who would have thought 2 of my fav shows would take place on stations in the middle of nowhere :)

[This message has been edited by CaptDS9E (edited March 04, 2002).]

You can't buy just Showtime at my cable company. You have to buy Showtime, all the HBOs, The Movie Channel and all the different Cinemaxes as a bundle. I'd be paying $30 a month, basically, to watch four hours of show, 'cause I don't watch television other than a few VERY notable exceptions.

Now, although I grew up with Malcolm-Jamal Warner, adored Luke Perry as a pre-teen, think Alex Zahara rocks, and place JMS pretty high on my list of People Whose Careers Will Hopefully Resemble Mine Someday, paying $30 a month for something I'll watch one hour a week is just too much for me. And when you're like me, and have little to no disposable income, that's $30 you could have spent on something like groceries...

This does not mean I will not be following episode guides like a hawk. I'm hooked on this show already.

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

It's a shame various cable companies have decided to market their products that way.

Yes, Alex, I did see you; and thanks so much for posting here so quickly! Please keep us up to date. I'm very much looking forward to learning more about your character!

Overall, I thought the show was pretty good -- it certainly kept my interest. Since not everyone has seen the pilot yet, I won't go into details.

I'm also aware that there are those who objected to bare female breasts in this program. After seeing the pilot, I can declare that there were indeed bare female breasts in a scene taking place in what seemed to be (more or less) a topless bar. Personally, I didn't think it was that big a deal. Bars like this exist now; and we see far worse in movies all the time. It was shown on a pay cable channel, so the possibility little kids saw something they shouldn't (while innocently flipping through the channels) was substantially reduced.

I'm not sure 8PM (here in the Eastern U.S.) was the right time to show this pilot because of the bare female breasts; but otherwise, I had no problems with it. I don't think Jeremiah is being marketed as a family show.

Personally, I was much more offended by the erect Vulcan nipples on the Enteprise pilot. That was on "free" TV at 8PM, and is pushed as family viewing.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

I have to agree, Jeremiah kicked ass. I have to admit that I didn't think the concept would work at first, but I was dead wrong. It was everything that you would expect a world to be like where children had to raise themselves. The only problem I had was all this nonsense about lack of resources. You'd think there would be all kinds of stuff left around, even after 15 years, but I suppose that can be explained by the mass rioting that went on in the days of the big death. If only LotR had been this well written.

I really loved the show. Good acting, writing, directing and story. This show by itself is worth the cost of Showtime. I'm glad Showtime is using Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.
cool.gif
Good to see you Alex, only this time with more hair and less bone.
laugh.gif

------------------
"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us ...and our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between." Emperor Turhan

I called DirecTV and added Showtime about 2 hours before Jeremiah aired. I don't think I'll ever watch anything on it other than Jeremiah, but I couldn't resist the lure of a JMS show.
laugh.gif

Channe: Is DirecTV/Satellite an option over cable for you? I think they even come and do free installation. They are much more flexible on packages, if you have just basic service and want to add one set of premium stations (like all the Showtimes) you can do it for $12.00 I don't know what you pay now, but the above situation with basic + Showtime would run like $35-40 a month. The downside would be having to buy the dish and receiver, but again I think there are deals out there where you can get the whole setup for $99 with a free month of service. Might be a better solution long term if Jeremiah runs a few seasons.
smile.gif

- Haze

------------------

I taped Jeremiah but haven't watched it yet (I had to work). I will comment once I have.

Channe, when I got Showtime recently, they didn't require that I get all the other pay-channels, too. You must have a lousy cable-company. Actually, mine is lousy, too, when it comes to customer-service.
frown.gif

Tammy

------------------
Tirk: Citizen G'Kar, Captain Martell would like to speak to you.
G'Kar: Of course. Love to stay. Can't. Have to go. Kiss-kiss. Love-love. Bye.

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

It's lousy, yes, but unavoidable!

My first chance at seeing Jeremiah fell through. Rats. The guy we all thought had Showtime didn't have Showtime after all...

One more chance!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
Yeah, well you have to consider that it isn't even a possibility for some people and for others it isn't worth the extra $30/month or so that it takes to get the show.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, I'd only spring for that if B5:LotR (as a series) and Crusade (new shows) were on the channel.

I had a buddy tape the premiere of Jeremiah for me and I'll be seeing it tonight, but I'm not going to get Showtime to see Jeremiah.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

I'm only having to pay $17 a month for Showtime & Showtime Too (2). $30 is too much--I can't believe that other cable-companies are pulling this garbage!

I watched Jeremiah earlier. I prefer space-based SF, but I did like Jeremiah. Does anyone agree with me that

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>the actress who played Theo was really good? She was scary! I think Jeremiah & Kurdy are likely to cross paths with her again. </font></td></tr></table>

Tammy

------------------
Tirk: Citizen G'Kar, Captain Martell would like to speak to you.
G'Kar: Of course. Love to stay. Can't. Have to go. Kiss-kiss. Love-love. Bye.

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I think Jeremiah & Kurdy are likely to cross paths with her again.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Undoubtedly. This was the best pilot that JMS has ever done ... right as I was beginning to doubt if he could write another decent script. Apparently, he can.

Right now, I pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 bucks a month, but I get digital cable for that with several hundred channels, including showtime. No doubt they'll start airing Jeremiah in syndication sometime next year -- just as they did Stargate and the Outer Limits. So, you'll probably be a season behind the Showtime subscribers, but you'll get to see the show. I don't know if the sci-fi channel has finalized a deal with them or not, but they sure do advertise the hell out of it there.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PsionTen:
I don't know if the sci-fi channel has finalized a deal with them or not, but they sure do advertise the hell out of it there.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Showtime has a two-year exclusive on Jeremiah. So, no syndication for two years.

I bet ya Showtime just bought a lot of Sci-Fi commercial time because that's where a lot of their potential viewership hangs out. Nothing more.

Drat, on both points.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back