• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Surface

Recoil

Regular
Is anyone watching this show?

I missed the first two episodes, but luckily NBC has been rerunning them and was able to watch them and get caught up.

So far it is pretty interesting and there have been some cool special effects. The characters don't jump out at me, but what I like about it is more of the mystery and disoovery of these new animals.

Speaking of mystery, has anyone noticed that this season there are a few other shows (Surface is one of them) that seem to fit the "Lost" profile? Shows where they are mystery oriented. Another one from what I have been told is called "Invasion". I didn't get into it, because the previews made it look like some alien invasion / take over the world show. But apparently their tagline is "things are not what they seem" leading you to think maybe it isn't that obvious. In any case, it is another show fitting the "Lost" format of sorts. While these 2 new shows are doing the probing into the background of the characters as well as Lost is, they definitely are trying to keep their viewers guessing. Its amusing how when one show is successful the next year others try to jump on the band wagon.

In any event, I think surface is pretty cool so far. If anyone has seen Invasion and recommends that its worth watching, I might download it and try to catch up.

I hadn't given Surface much of a thought until happening up on the Sci Fi Channel repeating the first two episodes this past weekend. I only cought the second of the two, but it was enough to make me watch tonight's new episode. It's kind of surprisingly fun to watch. Government conspiracies, personal familial conflicts, and creatures seem to give the show several different layers of storytelling styles all up in one story.

I have seen Invasion's first two episodes because of my just sticking around with the show coming on after Lost. I don't think I like it as much as I do Surface. I'm not bored with Invasion yet, but I'm not jump for joy about it either. There's only been two episodes of it yet, so I'm hoping there'll be something more coming to make it more distinct, but so far it kind of feels a bit ho-hum and not quite captivating yet. But I think it has potential. I think the little girl is my favorite character so far.

*** damned invalid form! ****

I didn't really care for either of these at first, but they are growing on me, not that they'll ever be favorites.

Back