• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Oatley's book is finally out!

Oatley1

Beyond the rim
Oatley\'s book is finally out!

Well, it's taken a while, but it's finally happened!

As some of you may recall, I have spent the better part of 2 years writing a book, which meant my self-enforced exile from this wonderful internet community for a good while.

In any event, it is finally available, and as my signature line so proudly states, it is called:

"Getting It Right... Or Why The World Is So Monumentallly Screwed: The Manipulation Of History"

The book is a light-hearted exploration of the history of some of the issues that plague and confound our world today. It is not a proper scholarly history book, but basically takes a large overview of many of the ancient and medieval causes that have led to certain current circumstances, and then pokes fun at them.

I have tried to make it generally accessible and funny so that you don't have to be a history major to follow it. And it has a Babylon 5 quote in it!

You can currently order it from Lulu.com, and here is the link:

http://www.lulu.com/content/151846

It will be available from Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble within a month (I hope). I sent a very early draft copy of the book to KoshFan, so if you want an opinion about the book, he would be the best person to comment.

I have taken the JMS approach to writing a book - I am hoping that it will provoke barfights after people have read it. So if you want to buy it, have an enjoyable read, marvel at my obvious half-deranged mind, and contribute to my retirement nest egg, please go right ahead.

It is available for $18.95 US dollars!

Re: Oatley\'s book is finally out!

Good luck with it, Oatley. Breaking into the writing market isn't usually very easy. So good luck to you. :cool:

Thanks, Hyp. In all honesty, even though I hope it will sell, I'm not really to put out if it doesn't - I wrote it primarily to see if I could, becuase I have always wanted to write a book. Having finally done so, this seemed like the next logical step. :)

Indeed. :) Good luck venturing forth. :cool:

How about selling some autographed copies on Ebay? No, no, too soon for that. :)

I read your preview chapter on Lulu a while back, it was a great read, best of luck...

I got about 100 pages into a novel this year before hitting a huge block in my head, when I can get the rest of my life back on track I think i'll pick it up again...

Thanks for the thumbs-up, Darth - I have started the second book about a week ago, this time a novel. We'll see how we go....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back