• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Babylon 5 Preservation Project

I did back this one. It sounded fun and I always support looking into old stuff.

I am a bit sad that I did not buy the encyclopedia, but it was way out of my economic comfort zone unfortunately.

Don't be sad, it wasn't that great. It's a book I can happily live without. I mean, just watch the show!

I noticed that the May 2021 update includes information about the release date for the book. Can anyone who signed up shed a bit of light on that. As of today it's now a year overdue from the initially expected release.

I noticed that the May 2021 update includes information about the release date for the book. Can anyone who signed up shed a bit of light on that. As of today it's now a year overdue from the initially expected release.

Curious as to why you're asking here?

Why would you be curious about that? This is a place where some of the folks who signed up visit and post occasionally . . . like yourself (though you seem more interested in why I asked . . .here!?) . . Weird, anyway, I'm hoping one of the others might shed a bit a light on the delivery date for the book (if that's what the May update included).

Why would you be curious about that? This is a place where some of the folks who signed up visit and post occasionally . . . like yourself (though you seem more interested in why I asked . . .here!?) . . Weird, anyway, I'm hoping one of the others might shed a bit a light on the delivery date for the book (if that's what the May update included).

I ask because this isn't exactly the bustling superhighway of B5-dom, nor are any of the old BBS sites. Suffice to say that the first volume continues to be in progress.

It did not - at least not that I recall. I can tell you that there was this thing that happened last year that pretty much delayed everything in the world, especially things that required people to meet with other people and go places. :p

But as far as Mr. Davis' latest update I don't recall a specific release date update. When he has a firm one locked in I'm sure we'll all know pretty immediately, not just the backers. He did mention he is about to embark on is "final expedition." This was meant to happen in March of 2020, but you will recall the above referenced delay happened right about then.

I ask because this isn't exactly the bustling superhighway of B5-dom, nor are any of the old BBS sites. Suffice to say that the first volume continues to be in progress.
I prefer BBS style forums – far less cluttered, and more structured than most of the social media platforms - I'm guessing that will be down to them NOT being designed for ease of scrolling on mobile devices.

You being sarcy there Loon - good for you. :) I did hear of something happening last year now that you mention it, can't recall what it was though. I asked because, someone else asked a couple of weeks ago - “Any estimate on when the book will be ready?” and Jason replied with “The answer to your question will be in next week's update.” . . . . But as you say apparently it didn't include any kind of timescale or whatever, as far as you can remember. Like the other person asking I wasn't looking for a specific date – just any info on when it might be. Cheers.

I prefer BBS style forums – far less cluttered, and more structured than most of the social media platforms - I'm guessing that will be down to them NOT being designed for ease of scrolling on mobile devices.

I completely agree with you on that. FAR LESS clutter. :thumbsup: And it just seems more civilized. :guffaw:

Latest posts

Members online

Back