• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jonathan Brandis dead at 27

LondosHair

Regular
From cleveland.com:
Actor Jonathan Brandis, 27, who starred in the movie "The Year That Trembled," which was filmed in Ohio, was found dead in his Los Angeles apartment Wednesday. Brandis, 27, was found by friends and pronounced dead at a hospital, according to the Los Angeles coroner's office. There were no signs of violence. An autopsy was due to be performed yesterday, an investigator said. "The Year That Trembled," produced by Tyler Davidson and Scott Lax, who were living in the Cleveland area at the time, was filmed in Ohio and premiered at the Cleveland International Film Festival in 2002. Brandis played Casey Pedersen, a young man who is caught up in the turmoil of the Vietnam War. "It's a terrific tragedy, and our hearts go out to the family," said Davidson, who now lives in Los Angeles.
Too sad... I'm having trouble finding anything else out, though. None of the major news sites have any information at all. I found out through Fark, strangely enough.

Sad... I was a big fan of his as a kid.

Other than "The Year that Trembled", what else did he act in? I recognise the name, but I can't place him.

When I was a pre-teen, JB was the whole thing. We didn't want Mark-Paul Gosselaer, we didn't want that other whatsisface... it was all Jonathan Brandis and Luke Perry.

This is a sad day. And 27. That's too young...

Back