• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What order to see it all in?

Way to go, KoshN!

Jan

This is my first post as a Mod.

Thank you, thank you very much! I shall do my best not to go drunk with power. :guffaw: :beer: :dancing:
If I do go drunk with power, I'll be relying on you, Jan, to haul off and smack me one.

Yeah, yeah, I know, don't give away the homeworld.

Posting will never be the same again.

Thank you, thank you very much! I shall do my best not to go drunk with power. :guffaw: :beer: :dancing:
If I do go drunk with power, I'll be relying on you, Jan, to haul off and smack me one.
You can *always* count on me to take care of that little detail! :LOL:

Drat, you beat me to it! :p

Jan

And don't forget, The TentacuEmperor will smack you down with all 6 tentacles if you give away the homeworld. That will NOT be pleasant. ;)

And don't forget, The TentacuEmperor will smack you down with all 6 tentacles if you give away the homeworld. That will NOT be pleasant. ;)

I'd hate to be in a card game with you and Londo. :eek: Better have twelve cold pitchers of beer or ice water around.

About two years ago, I decided to introduce my older kids to B5, so we sat down and watched all the shows in subjective chronological order (Including putting "Day of the Dead" in its right location in S5), and I have to say it kind of moved me.

Truth be told, I didn't like "Sleeping in Light" at the time. It was too intimate for me, to quiet and close to be following the sturm und drang of the last third of S5, it felt like the show had just run out of steam. Watching it again didn't improve it for me any.

However, watching it after everything else - the show, the movies, Rangers, Crusade, Lost Tales, "Beginning", it picked up a lot of resonance for me, it really moved me. It took me nearly a decade to get what JMS was going for with that episode, but when I finally was able to connect with it, it moved me in ways no other part of the franchise did. It was beautiful, and poignient, and it made me ache for all the cool stuff we were prevented from seeing.

So, of course I vote for watching them in chronological order. <G>

my advice would be don't ever watch

"sleeping in light"

cus once you do, the ride is OVER.

Last edited by a moderator:
i actually like the idea of John and Delenn living happily ever after. and b5 going on forever.

not FULL STOP.

watching delenn hug her pillow always makes me cry.

KoshN,

I'm sure you have answered this before, but why the change in the Season 1 viewing order? I saw you moved TKO and Legacies to the end of Season 1. Was there a reason for this? I always thought the DVD order was "as it should have been".

KoshN,

I'm sure you have answered this before, but why the change in the Season 1 viewing order? I saw you moved TKO and Legacies to the end of Season 1. Was there a reason for this? I always thought the DVD order was "as it should have been".

It's just the Master List order on The Lurker's Guide.
http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/master/eplist.html
...and the justification for that order is given there.

I haven't watched B5 all the way through in years, though not for lack of trying. I've started several times but never make it out of Season 1 There are just too many distractions, work, the need for sleep, other shows (currently watching "Castle" S1 on DVD, "Reaper" S2 on DVD via Netflix, and trying to get caught up with my "Supernatural" Season 5 timer-recorded tapes before it starts back up with new episodes on Jan. 21). I'm just saying that I'm a little rusty on B5 right now, and the reasons for the changes in the order are minor and I can't remember any specifics related to exactly why "TKO" and "Legacies" should air where the Master List has them.

From http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/master/eplist.html
"Due to production constraints and other factors, several episodes during the run of the series were delayed, shown later in the sequence than originally intended. The effect isn't major in most cases, but there are minor things that make more sense if the episodes are viewed in the intended order. JMS has given the ordering for seasons one and two his blessing."

Sorry, but without rewatching it all right now, that's the best I can do, and I can practically feel the cellphone getting ready to call me to work, and I still haven't eaten (Zapping something right now.) and no coffee is made. Since Jan. 2nd, about all I do is work, sleep, and get called back out to work, and eat on the fly (when I remember to eat.). Your question is more for someone who is rewatching B5 S1 right now, someone for whom the nuances would be apparent because it's all fresh in their mind.

Last edited:
Legacies makes much more sense if it comes after "Babylon Squared," since Delenn uses the triluminary to stun the guards. I don't know of anything pertinent in TKO off the top of my head, though.

Legacies makes much more sense if it comes after "Babylon Squared," since Delenn uses the triluminary to stun the guards. I don't know of anything pertinent in TKO off the top of my head, though.

TKO there is just the reference by Walker Smith for Garabaldi to "watch his back" which of course looms large in Chrysalis. So I guess having it right before Chrysalis makes it easier for people to remember it, instead of about 7 episodes earlier....but its not crucial. In fact, it seems odd to me that Susan's "funeral" for her father would take almost 18 episodes (almost a year in B5 time) to happen. Where TKO was originally placed, it was only about 8-9 episodes, so perhaps a few months --- which is what I think the Rabbi states anyway.

So I sort of think TKO should stay where it is...but I guess it doesnt matter really either way.

The same could be said for Legacies. Its a case of either the Triluminary being first shown in that episode, or in Babylon Squared. Not sure which is better....not sure if it matters.

I guess I'm luke warm on either of them. They are fine where they are, or are fine in the "Master" list.

Using the triluminary before she's given it kinda grates on me. I guess I'm just weirdly linear that way...

Oh, I don't remember when she is "given" it. Perhaps thats why it didnt seem to matter. Which episode is she given the Trilum? I thought she had it the whole time. Guess Ill find out on this watch through...

Kara, I can't agree. One can watch Sleeping In Light, and still live in denial for many years afterward:)

Raw Shark

"Never sneak up on a man who's been in a chemical fire."
Ian McShane, Hot Rod

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back