• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Kribu

Administrator
Looks like the official publication date has finally been set - according to news on the Bloombury magazine site, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be published in Britain, the USA, Canada, Australia and in the English language in many countries on 21st June 2003.

At least we'll be getting plenty of stuff for the long wait. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif According to the article, The Order of the Phoenix is "over one third longer than the previous book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire".

Yeesh. At this rate, the seventh book will be the size and weight of the Physician's Desk Reference. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, I can't wait!

I love you, Kribu!

I actually opened up my datebook and wrote it in under the "special events" part.

Yay!

I love you, Kribu!
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

But yes... I'll have to order it in English as well, just because I won't be able to wait for a translation (not that it would matter as such, just that I have the first four in Estonian). Considering shipping and stuff as well... I'll still get it a few weeks after y'all have finished reading it. *sniffle*

Oh well. It's less than 6 months away! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm almost as excited about this as I am about going to the Stones show in Helsinki in July. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (In other words, *really* exited!)

Damn you Kribu, you beat me to it. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was going to post this info too. Looks like the long wait will soon be over though.

Yay, I finally managed to post something newsworthy first. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Antony, there will be no kissing between me and Channe. She is way too tall, for one, plus she's not an ugly old man, so I couldn't possibly do it. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

*basks in Kribu's compliments*

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll have the book read by dawn on the twenty-fourth.

Hmm. Maybe after I get tired of Asimov, I should break down and read these books. If they are that good, at least one is worth a try. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

According to the article, The Order of the Phoenix is "over one third longer than the previous book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire".
Good heavens! I nearly broke my wrists trying to read the last one in bed. Sounds like the 5th book will develop my biceps nicely. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

woohoooo, about damn time, been waiting forever for that.

be finished with it by the 25, and the second read by the 31st. Honestly, i wish the movies would never have been made, they only added to the delay of the book by taking up a lot of JK's small amount of remaining time.

Hmm. Maybe after I get tired of Asimov, I should break down and read these books. If they are that good, at least one is worth a try. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I didn't get hooked until book 3. The first two are, IMO, weak and seriously overrated. However, Book 3 nabbed me and pulled me right throught to the end of book 4. YMMV.

Admiral Dave

I wouldn't say that books 1 and 2 are weak or even overrated - just that books 1 and 2 are much more clearly "children's books" than the next two.

I agree that 3 and 4 are much better, even though I got hooked with the first one already. Just that looking back, the first one seems so much weaker now compared to the excellent Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire.

Yes... I'm planning to put in an order pretty soon too. Will probably have to order it from the UK, even if it means more expensive shipping... at least then I'll have a chance to get it a week after release, not 3-4 weeks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back