• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Star Trek (SPOILERS)

I finally saw it last night. As a rampant Original Trek devotee, I was a bit reticent to have to deal with the stuff I had read about the reboot. I'm not one of those completely loony TOS super-fans but I started watching the first season of the series with my oldest brother during the first run, when I was 4. Having seen every TOS ep at leasta 50 times, I had to brace myself for the changes.

That said, I really liked it. I didn't love it, but I liked a lot of the character interactions and some of the plot. I agree with much of what has been said in this thread about the weak nature of the red matter and time travel. And what was up with that crazy Romulan mining ship, and the tattoos, and why were the Roms all bald? And how did the Romulans capture "the most advanced ship" that Spock was piloting. I would assume he could at least outrun a MINING ship. And why did Spock's ship have to rotate like a EA Omega-class cruiser?

And why did he need 100 gallons of red matter when a drop created a black hole? And how did he allow such a weapon get into the hands of a crazy Romulan? Ultimately, Spock Prime was responsible for the death of reboot Vulcan.

Yeah, nitpicking.

Did anyone else Chris Pine looked like a sissy with his legs crossed at the end?

Shatner did that on the bridge a couple of times. I think it was a small homage.

Ok lemme ask a "serious" (not really) uber-geek question:

Those of you truly love Trek, how much do you feel a little annoyed that Trek used to be "our thing" and now it's all mainstream. Now you got celebrities and attractive people taking their attractive dates to see our formerly clubby little niche, nerdy escapist thing. Isn't it kind of annoying? Star Trek used to be this thing that a woman would make fun of me for (like that scene in Free Enterprise when the red-headed skank is railing on the dude in bed for being into it "and what's up with Spock and those ears?!" and so forth) and now they want to come with me and see it? No, I'll take you to some boring-ass chick flick, I'm going to see Star Trek with my equally nerdy loser software engineer friends, thank you very much!

I guess I am a little annoyed with the idea that the people and the universe that we fell in love with wasn't enough, and the whole thing needed to be re-imagined. I would have been happier with a prequel that showed how the original crew actually got togeher and what was their first tough mission.

A few personal observations:

* I thought Chris Hemsworth as George Kirk was excellent casting. He looked enough like Pine and had enough of a similar Kirk bravado to be believable. On another note about Hemsworth, he has been cast to play Thor in the Marvel film of the same name. Could be insteresting.
* Pine grew on me. By the last 1/3 of the film, I felt the Kirkness coming out of him. I did not enjoy the scenes where he was standing right next to Quinto because he is too tall. I always expect Kirk to look up at Spock, not vice versa.
* Quinto was, I thought, excellent casting from especially the visual perspective. He has so much in common with Nimoy's appearance to rope me in quickly.
* Saldana and Cho were fine.
* Pegg was funny but a bit TOO much at times.
* Urban was a bit bulky for McCoy, but I think he got so much of the essence of our dear doctor, if not his Southern charm.
* Yelchin annoyed me mostly.
* Ben Cross as Sarek was okay casting, but I would have loved to have seen someone with more charisma in the role. He was a bit to dessicated for my taste.
* Greenwood as Pike was excellent. He carried off the mentor role very well.
* Why was a Constellation-class ship being built on the surface of Earth? How will they get it in orbit?
* Why did that Romulan crew wait quietly with their commander for 25 years? Remember Decius from "Balance of Terror"? Wasn't there someone on that ship that said "let's go to Romulus and warn them that in 139 years XXX is going to go super-nova and destroy the world"?

And finally, the Spock/Uhura canoodling was intensely disturbing.

* Why was a Constellation-class ship being built on the surface of Earth? How will they get it in orbit?

[cough] Constitution [/cough]

Hmmm on the basis that I definitely wouldn't feel it was disturbing if I were Spock... I cannae agree!;)

For the One: Is it just my computer, or are you putting your smilies on top of your letter somehow? I don't think they are for anyone else. Perhaps my computer is doing something strange? :confused:

Last edited:
But that aside, if they use basic elements from his book, I.E.- The Borg tech brings Kirk back to life. Turning him into a Borg to be a rep to assimulate Earth, (Picard Lucutis :borg: anyone," Best of Both Worlds I & II"). That could be interesting. But I think why bother, just go back using a Borg time travel sphere a few minutes and beam him aboard. I think the book cover said they used the tech to do it. Anybody out there actually wade through the book? :confused:

The book was excellent. Better than First Contact.

[cough] Constitution [/cough]

It is almost as disturbing to me as Spock and Uhura canoodling that I said Constellation instead of Constitution. :embarassed:

Hmmm on the basis that I definitely wouldn't feel it was disturbing if I were Spock... I cannae agree!;)

Yes, she's nice and sexy. Even *I* would canoodle with her. ;) But it was so jarring that it distracted me for some time. It disturbed me more than Vulcan disappearing. It was the one thing that seemed entirely unbelievable, and I had decided to suspend disbelief before going in. ;)

Yes, she's nice and sexy. Even *I* would canoodle with her. ;) But it was so jarring that it distracted me for some time. It disturbed me more than Vulcan disappearing. It was the one thing that seemed entirely unbelievable, and I had decided to suspend disbelief before going in. ;)

But this movie establishes that Spock and Uhura have a history together, enough of a history for Spock to worry about the appearance of impropriety if he placed her on the Enterprise. Although we don't know what the nature of their previous association was, they have gotten to know each other well, and when Vulcan is destroyed and Spock's mother is killed, Uhura's heart goes out to him and in his time of emotional instability, he responds.

I didn't find it unbelievable under the circumstances. The question is whether it will continue in the future after he has regained his composure. Will he seek to embrace logic? Or with his culture in ruins, will he choose a different path?

For the One: Is it just my computer, or are you putting your smilies on top of your letter somehow? I don't think they are for anyone else. Perhaps my computer is doing something strange? :confused:

I think it's your computer... Checked my posts the spacing looks fine.

The book was excellent. Better than First Contact.
Okay cool now I'll have to actually go read it.

But this movie establishes that Spock and Uhura have a history together, enough of a history for Spock to worry about the appearance of impropriety if he placed her on the Enterprise. Although we don't know what the nature of their previous association was, they have gotten to know each other well, and when Vulcan is destroyed and Spock's mother is killed, Uhura's heart goes out to him and in his time of emotional instability, he responds.

I didn't find it unbelievable under the circumstances. The question is whether it will continue in the future after he has regained his composure. Will he seek to embrace logic? Or with his culture in ruins, will he choose a different path?
Agreed.

I finally saw it last night. As a rampant Original Trek devotee, I was a bit reticent to have to deal with the stuff I had read about the reboot. I'm not one of those completely loony TOS super-fans but I started watching the first season of the series with my oldest brother during the first run, when I was 4. Having seen every TOS ep at leasta 50 times, I had to brace myself for the changes.

That said, I really liked it. I didn't love it, but I liked a lot of the character interactions and some of the plot. I agree with much of what has been said in this thread about the weak nature of the red matter and time travel. And what was up with that crazy Romulan mining ship, and the tattoos, and why were the Roms all bald? And how did the Romulans capture "the most advanced ship" that Spock was piloting. I would assume he could at least outrun a MINING ship. And why did Spock's ship have to rotate like a EA Omega-class cruiser?
1.) Okay, the tattoos and bald heads- were odd. But what I really found interesting is look at their foreheads. There is no ridge at all (not a klingon ridge) a Romulan raised forhead. Their heads look like the classic serious (human like). So now that raises a interesting piont. Did they reexperiment with genetic manipulation? Is that why they were miners? Were they some kind of abandon project, left to rott like the character from Star Trek ''Nemesis?
2.) As for the mining ship able to catch Spocks,- it was from the same era as the mining vessel. So one could speculate had simular tech. Spock not being able to out run it may have just been bad luck. He did appear right infront of their tractor beams.
3.) The rotating ship simular to a B-5 Omega class- Look at the remastered classic Star Trek. There is a Orion Vessel that attacks a space station where a peace conferance is being held, that has that same rotating effect. Which is why I assumed in the movie it must be a futurist Orion ship Spock bought.

And why did he need 100 gallons of red matter when a drop created a black hole? And how did he allow such a weapon get into the hands of a crazy Romulan? Ultimately, Spock Prime was responsible for the death of reboot Vulcan.

Yeah, nitpicking.
Extreemly good points, that much red matter was not needed. It was ultra excessive.
Spock was a tad careless. But he admitted that.

Shatner did that on the bridge a couple of times. I think it was a small homage.
Interesting, cool. But I agree it does look a bit odd.

I guess I am a little annoyed with the idea that the people and the universe that we fell in love with wasn't enough, and the whole thing needed to be re-imagined. I would have been happier with a prequel that showed how the original crew actually got togeher and what was their first tough mission.
Well met, but like you I agree it still was a good movie.

A few personal observations:

* I thought Chris Hemsworth as George Kirk was excellent casting. He looked enough like Pine and had enough of a similar Kirk bravado to be believable. On another note about Hemsworth, he has been cast to play Thor in the Marvel film of the same name. Could be insteresting.
* Pine grew on me. By the last 1/3 of the film, I felt the Kirkness coming out of him. I did not enjoy the scenes where he was standing right next to Quinto because he is too tall. I always expect Kirk to look up at Spock, not vice versa.
* Quinto was, I thought, excellent casting from especially the visual perspective. He has so much in common with Nimoy's appearance to rope me in quickly.
* Saldana and Cho were fine.
* Pegg was funny but a bit TOO much at times.
* Urban was a bit bulky for McCoy, but I think he got so much of the essence of our dear doctor, if not his Southern charm.
* Yelchin annoyed me mostly.
* Ben Cross as Sarek was okay casting, but I would have loved to have seen someone with more charisma in the role. He was a bit to dessicated for my taste.
* Greenwood as Pike was excellent. He carried off the mentor role very well.
* Why did that Romulan crew wait quietly with their commander for 25 years? Remember Decius from "Balance of Terror"? Wasn't there someone on that ship that said "let's go to Romulus and warn them that in 139 years XXX is going to go super-nova and destroy the world"?

1.) The 'Constitution' Class vessel built on Earth-, I figured (as I mentioned earlier on this thread), was probably because of the Sulliban & Xindi Wars, also the 'Temporal Cold War', etc. With all the attacks on Earth and their ship, (remember Klingons attacked Enterprise right out of port of the shipping yards), they probably wanted to keep it a secret.
>>SPOILER ALERT<<
2.) Romulans waiting 25 years when they could have just warned Romulus then attacked Spock-Thus preventing the loss of all their race.- A exreemly good point. Maybe his hatred skewed his logic, kind of like a angry bull charging a matidor with a spear, or perhaps his skewed honor. Go back and watch 'Ballance of Terror' again... Watch how the brilliant tactical genius Romulan, is swayed towards a unlogical decision that gets them all killed. He listened to his lessers plea for the honor of Romulus and not to return in disgrace. So like the bull he attacks the matidor (Spocks ship) and of coarse it is his ending; as the Enterprise whips out his whole arsenal of proton torpedoes which he fires at Spocks ship.
3.) Spock/Uhura- Actually if everyone will recall Nurse Chapel had a thing for Spock. She was madly in love with him, that was kind of an on going theme in a couple episodes. So women being drawn to him is nothing new or alien to classic Star Trek. I think Darth Librarian mentioned this if I recall.

Last edited:
1.) Okay, the tattoos and bald heads- were odd. But what I really found interesting is look at their foreheads. There is no ridge at all.

There never should have been ridges in the first place. Vulcan and Romulans were the same species only a thousand years earlier. Good riddance. Nero and his crew shaved their heads and adorned themselves with war tattoos after the destruction of Romulus.

2.) As for the mining ship able to catch Spocks,- it was from the same era as the mining vessel. So one could speculate had similar tech. Spock not being able to out run it may have just been bad luck. He did appear right infront of their tractor beams.

Nero's ship, the Narada, did not originally look as it does in the film. It was enhanced with Borg technology raided from a Romulan research base (shades of EA advanced destryoers anyone?) after Nero went on the warpath.

1.) The 'Constitution' Class vessel built on Earth-, I figured (as I mentioned earlier on this thread), was probably because of the Sulliban & Xindi Wars, also the 'Temporal Cold War', etc.

The Enterprise was built in Riverside, Iowa to commemorate the brave sacrifice of George Samuel Kirk. It was also built 13 years later in this reality. The depiction of the ship being built on the ground was the choice of the filmmakers. They figured it was easier and safer to build on the ground and anti-grav units could boost it to orbit with no problem.

2.) Romulans waiting 25 years when they could have just warned Romulus.

25 years is a long time to not re-evaluate your position. The following was edited out of the film: After being rammed by the Kelvin, the Narada was vulnerable and was captured by the Klingons. Nero and his crew were sentenced to life at the penal asteroid, Rura Penthe, where they spent most of the next 25 years and Nero loses part of his ear. Finally, Nero and crew plan and execute their escape and Nero utters the phrase "The wait is over" as seen in the trailers. They manage to re-acquire the ship (which has inexplicably not been stripped apart) and destroy 47 Klingon ships on their way out of Klingon space (which is referenced in the film). As for warning Romulus, I think Nero's feeling may have been that this alternate reality had nothing to do with his life that was destroyed.

I am not talking about "in context with the current plot", I mean that in the 43 years that we have known Spock, this is something that never would have happened outside of pon farr, and never in front of a crewmate. That Spock would consider having an affair with any member of the crew, especially a cadet under him, is bizarre.

And yes, given the circumstances of the reboot, of course Uhura would want to comfort her lover after he lost his mother and his world.

2.) As for the mining ship able to catch Spocks,- it was from the same era as the mining vessel. So one could speculate had simular tech. Spock not being able to out run it may have just been bad luck. He did appear right infront of their tractor beams.

That a mining ship could outrun just about anything isn't sensible. The idea that their tractor beams were sufficient to hold Spock's ship is. That Spock would just give them the red matter instead of protecting it somehow...just sloppy story telling.

3.) The rotating ship simular to a B-5 Omega class- Look at the remastered classic Star Trek. There is a Orion Vessel that attacks a space station where a peace conferance is being held, that has that same rotating effect. Which is why I assumed in the movie it must be a futurist Orion ship Spock bought.

Spock said it was "our most advanced ship", whoever "our" might be. I assumed it was either Vulcan, Federation or Romulan. When last we say anything of Ambassador Spock, he was left on Romulus to affect reunification of the pan-Vulcan peoples. The film didn't say where red matter came from or where he was working on a solution for the super-nova issue. That he didn't make it in time to prevent the destruction of Romulus seems to me to infer that he came from much farther away.

Regardless, the twirling was silly. ;)

1.) The 'Constitution' Class vessel built on Earth-, I figured (as I mentioned earlier on this thread), was probably because of the Sulliban & Xindi Wars, also the 'Temporal Cold War', etc. With all the attacks on Earth and their ship, (remember Klingons attacked Enterprise right out of port of the shipping yards), they probably wanted to keep it a secret.

Wasn't there a great big giant spacedock in orbit of Earth? And given that they have shown that Earth (or any Federation planet for that matter) didn't have a single defensive weapon, what was to stop it being blasted from orbit?

2.) Romulans waiting 25 years when they could have just warned Romulus then attacked Spock-Thus preventing the loss of all their race.- A exreemly good point. Maybe his hatred skewed his logic, kind of like a angry bull charging a matidor with a spear, or perhaps his skewed honor. Go back and watch 'Ballance of Terror' again... Watch how the brilliant tactical genius Romulan, is swayed towards a unlogical decision that gets them all killed. He listened to his lessers plea for the honor of Romulus and not to return in disgrace. So like the bull he attacks the matidor (Spocks ship) and of coarse it is his ending; as the Enterprise whips out his whole arsenal of proton torpedoes which he fires at Spocks ship.

The Romulan commander in BoT chose fulfilling the implied "Praetor's wishes" and preventing a powerful underling from acquiring more power when returning to Romulus than the other choice, which might have been more prudent. He knew the Federation captain was "a sorcerer". He also knew they were out of fuel. In his mind, it could have meant that they would have all died anyway before reaching home. Hard to say.

The point that Nero was basically a mining ship commander and not a military officer is a better explanation of his acts. He wanted revenge for the death of his wife and his planet. I find it a little flimsy, but there it is.

3.) Spock/Uhura- Actually if everyone will recall Nurse Chapel had a thing for Spock. She was madly in love with him, that was kind of an on going theme in a couple episodes. So women being drawn to him is nothing new or alien to classic Star Trek. I think Darth Librarian mentioned this if I recall.

That women were attracted to Spock is canon. That Spock took action on that fact happened 3 times. T'Pring (Amok Time), the second Romulan commander (The Enterprise Incident) and Leila Kalomi (This Side of Paradise). All three of these romances were because of a specific reason. Pon farr, Espionage and the effect of spores. Spock never engaged in random "oh she's hot...let's screw" behavior. As I said, jarring. ;)

There never should have been ridges in the first place. Vulcan and Romulans were the same species only a thousand years earlier. Good riddance. Nero and his crew shaved their heads and adorned themselves with war tattoos after the destruction of Romulus.

We know this...how?

Nero's ship, the Narada, did not originally look as it does in the film. It was enhanced with Borg technology raided from a Romulan research base (shades of EA advanced destryoers anyone?) after Nero went on the warpath.

Ditto.

The Enterprise was built in Riverside, Iowa to commemorate the brave sacrifice of George Samuel Kirk. It was also built 13 years later in this reality. The depiction of the ship being built on the ground was the choice of the filmmakers. They figured it was easier and safer to build on the ground and anti-grav units could boost it to orbit with no problem.

Ditto, and okay, that is somewhat reasonable. It was certainly a visual moment in the film.

25 years is a long time to not re-evaluate your position. The following was edited out of the film: After being rammed by the Kelvin, the Narada was vulnerable and was captured by the Klingons. Nero and his crew were sentenced to life at the penal asteroid, Rura Penthe, where they spent most of the next 25 years and Nero loses part of his ear. Finally, Nero and crew plan and execute their escape and Nero utters the phrase "The wait is over" as seen in the trailers. They manage to re-acquire the ship (which has inexplicably not been stripped apart) and destroy 47 Klingon ships on their way out of Klingon space (which is referenced in the film). As for warning Romulus, I think Nero's feeling may have been that this alternate reality had nothing to do with his life that was destroyed.

I would say "ditto" again, but it is getting tiresome.

I will assume this information is garnered from the book tie-in to the film that has details not otherwise known in the film itself.

So I take it you don't like the changes made in http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/MOV/001/index.html and later shows?
Like: Klingons having the huge rippled ridge and the Romulans having a almost Neanderthal like raised for head? I think they may have not gone into that much detail on the original show do to low ratings and obvious budget retraints. A subject by the way mentioned by the make-up effects guy in the Star Trek auction special. Then to just cleverly explain it away latter in Trials and Tribble-ations from Deep Space Nine; which touched for the first time on the obvious new look of the Klingons.

>>SPOILER<<
Then Enterprise http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/ENT/index.html, (and yes I know alot of people don't recognize or like it), introduced how Khan Noonien Singh Space Seed & latter Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/MOV/002/index.html came about through Dr. Arik Soong Noonien Singh's augmented experiments in creating genetic super humans, as scene in the Enterprise trilogy episodes:

spacer.gif

Borderland
- When genetic supermen left over from the Eugenics Wars hijack a Klingon ship, Archer must rely on their creator, the criminal Dr. Arik Soong Noonien Singh. He is freed from his Federation cell, to help hunt them down but joins them.
Cold Station 12
- Arik Soong leads his band of Augments to a medical facility where hundreds of genetically enhanced embryos are still stored, intending to retrieve them and bring them to life. The augments torture the crew of the space station with Enterprise in hot pursuit.
The Augments
spacer.gif

- In defiance of their "father," Arik Soong's Augments devise a heinous plot against the Klingons which will surely lead to interstellar war. Ending in a battle to save the Klingon colony, a asteriod field chase and a twist of a false ending; when you think their leader went down with the ship.

Okay so now you know the history of Dr Soong and his experiments in genetic manipulation. Then there was a biopic, the eugenics effects on the Klingons:

spacer.gif

Affliction
spacer.gif

While Enterprise visits Earth for the launch of Columbia, Phlox is kidnapped and forced to help the Klingons deal with a grave threat toward their species. Cpt Archer launches back out into deep space to find out the meaning of this abduction. Which leads them to a Klingon outpost colony and Cpt Archer is captured as well. Where they do genetic experiments on him as a test subject for the genetic strain, hoping to stop their affliction.

NEXT THE SEQUAL:

Divergence
- With Columbia's help, the Enterprise crew grapples with sabotage to their ship as they pursue the truth behind the kidnapping of Dr Phlox. They discover the Klingons used Dr. Arik Soong's genetic DNA from the super humans and fused it with Klingon DNA. It back fired and they started looking more human and the experiment almost killed their race but Phlox stoped it. However, they did not have the genetic enhancements they wanted in strength. Thus perminently altering their look in time for the Classic Star Trek series.
spacer.gif

So that explained the changes to the way the Klingons looked.

As for the Romulans I figured they probably had a spy who stold samples of the super human DNA from the Klingons. [Since they have shared or stold tech from each other, for some time. The K-7 for example.] Thus the same thing happened to them on a genetic level. The Romulans seek help, then probably addressed the Klingons and learned how to prevent themselves from dying and wella they also look more human like the classic Star Trek show.

Fascinating, is that in the book or was that something Orcci said in a interview? Maybe I'll have to check the book out. Very interesting. :vulcan: :)

Again very fascinating, is that in the book or was that something Orcci said in a interview? Very interesting indeed. :)

Yet again fascinating, book or interview? Now I want to see the extended edition of this movie. Very cool thank you. :)

PEACE OUT.... Live long and prosper.

Last edited:
So I take it you don't like the changes made in Star Trek: The Motion Picture and later shows?

Well, the movie Romulans such as Nanclus in ST:VI had no ridges. It was made more silly by the fact that Spock was posing as a Romulan in "Unification" and was clearly a Vulcan.

I heard most of the other stuff from Orci but it is supposed to be in the comic. Riverside, I suggested, and Orci agreed that was the reason. Abrams mentioned the Klingon subplot would only confuse the story and cut it out.

Well, the movie Romulans such as Nanclus in ST:VI had no ridges. It was made more silly by the fact that Spock was posing as a Romulan in "Unification" and was clearly a Vulcan.

I heard most of the other stuff from Orci but it is supposed to be in the comic. Riverside, I suggested, and Orci agreed that was the reason. Abrams mentioned the Klingon subplot would only confuse the story and cut it out.
Absolutely facinating :vulcan: (hmmmm I think I like that word). :) Any how, now I'll have to go back and check out the movies. What I found odd about the different shows is no one could seem to make up their mind about what shade of skin tone the Romulans were. They seemed to get more and more oddly hued as they went along. They seemed near the end to seddle on a olive/tannish green hue color. Yes the Romulan face problems has not really been addressed that efficiently. However my attempted explanation, 'their fate being simular to the Klingons,' would probably more then explain away the complications. They simply became a devided race between the human like augments and the Neanderthal like raised for head kind.

Actually the 'devided race' concept is no new concept to Star Trek: Andorians, Vulcans, Klingons and now possibly Romulans; they all have a genetic split.

All that said though I am glad actually that the look is going back to the classic show.

But it's all in vain unless they bring Romulus back. I'm just so bummed about not being able to finally see the Romulan/Earth War we had only before heard about.

Last edited:
Because, I'm telling ya.

I should say something snarky here, but I will avoid it.

As far as I am concerned, comic book tie-ins and what the writer said off the cuff isn't in the story itself. It is just plain sloppy in my opinion.

Still, I liked the film. I will certainly go see it again.

But it's all in vain unless they bring Romulus back. I'm just so bummed about not being able to finally see the Romulan/Earth War we had only before heard about.

Romulus isn't blown up until Spock is a very old man, there is plenty of time (100+ years?) for a war before then.

Plus, why do we believe blowing up one planet in the Romulan Federation somehow means the end of Romulans? They're a whole Federation, surely they're bunches more than just the inhabitants of Romulus. Remus is also populated with Romulans, isn't it?

I thought that Remus was in the same star system as Romulus. I would assume it was destroyed as well, but maybe not. But yes, the Romulan Star Empire was comprised of many star systems. I would assume they would have moved their government elsewhere.

I thought that Remus was in the same star system as Romulus. I would assume it was destroyed as well, but maybe not. But yes, the Romulan Star Empire was comprised of many star systems. I would assume they would have moved their government elsewhere.

A natural assumption, but, we often hear about Romulus and Remus when they're speaking of both, so, I assumed since only Romulus was mentioned, Remus was unaffected, but, as you say, maybe not.

Thanks for the ccorrection on Empire, don't know why I was thinking Romulan Federation <oops>

I don't remember the first time I heard of Remus in conjunction with the Romulans. It might have been an original Trek novel. They never mentioned it much.

And I wasn't intending to correct you about federation. I actually didn't think twice about it. :)

The only time I ever remember hearing anything about Remus was in the last TNG film, and I remember there being a graphic representation of the solar system in it that had both Romulus and Remus in the same system. But, Remus aside, I agree that there should be plenty of systems that are inhabited by Romulans if they're as big and powerful as they're usually depicted throughout the various Treks.

Romulus isn't blown up until Spock is a very old man, there is plenty of time (100+ years?) for a war before then.

Plus, why do we believe blowing up one planet in the Romulan Federation somehow means the end of Romulans? They're a whole Federation, surely they're bunches more than just the inhabitants of Romulus. Remus is also populated with Romulans, isn't it?
Heh yeah your right. Romulus still exists in the earlier time line (it was destroyed in the future time line. Feeeeew.... What a relief.... COOL!!!! BRING ON THE ROMULAN WAR MAN!!! YEEEEEAAAH! Thank you, thank you, thank you. :):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The only time I ever remember hearing anything about Remus was in the last TNG film, and I remember there being a graphic representation of the solar system in it that had both Romulus and Remus in the same system.
Actually the Enterprise show, (and yes I know many don't recognize it or like it), showed Reman in the background in many scenes on the planet Romulus. It was in the romulan trilogy:
Babel One
United
The Aenar
Sooo yeah, if you only saw Star Trek Nemesis I can understand why you'd never heard about anything about Remus; or even for that matter it's people.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back