B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 27th 08, 04:13   #1
Alluveal
Psi Cop

Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

So, I thought I'd get this party started. There are two new specials airing Friday. I think you can also watch them online. I watched one tonight: http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=230732

Joss Whedon is a pretty big fan. How cool is that? It's great to see celebs get into this.

Anyway, cannot wait for this season to begin. I'm sick of reality tv.
Alluveal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th 08, 04:37   #2
Recoil
First One

Re: Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

Jesus people. It seems like each time a show's season is to start, the "discussion" threads start sooner and sooner. This show isn't even on for another two weeks! How about waiting till something actually AIRS before starting a thread on it.
Old March 27th 08, 14:15   #3
Alluveal
Psi Cop

Because I'm like a little kid, sitting here squealing with glee and clapping my hands as I watch previews and interviews! And I want you to JOIN ME!
Old March 27th 08, 19:34   #4
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

Whereas I can't even watch it due to plutocratic xenophobic prejudice.

I'm not sure how best to term that... but it's the idea that blocking even mere promotional material to outsiders of a country based purely on the fear of depleted profit margins.

I would say racist but it's not about ethnicity just international borders.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th 08, 09:13   #5
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Its just copyright law and distribution deal clauses, nothing to get bothered about. Go check it out on Youtube if you have to see it !!!

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th 08, 04:15   #6
admiraldave
First One

Well, that was a mindfrak. Lovely premiere, but it seemed a little too much moving pieces around, "solving" the last cliffhanger and setting up the next. That said ... well I've been dying for new BSG, and the episode delivered. Still, pretty ships, pretty explosions, very pretty people. I'm happy.

Luck favors the prepared. - Edna Mode
admiraldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th 08, 05:39   #7
Alluveal
Psi Cop

Big Boom. Big Badda Boom. Nice opening! Glad they saved the big spinny ship, huh. =)

Starbuck. Not sure what's going on with her. My guess is that the new cylons (or the old) have some kind of cloning technology and she's a clone.

Sad the way she told Anders, "If you were a cylon, I'd put a bullet between your eyes." Just broke his heart, you could tell.

Maybe the raiders have changed? Since the trigger went off in Tigh/Tori/Anders and Chief's brains, perhaps that's sent some kind of message or trigger to the other cylons. Now they're looking for the five?

And interesting how 6 told Roslyn, "the final 5 are near." So, the last one is aboard Galactica or in the fleet somewhere.

Speaking of Anders--weird how they scanned him and they withdrew. Something special about him. They would have blown Boomer out of the water.

BUT...

In the preview for next week...

Spoiler for :
6 Was telling Brother C, "We need to stop lobotomizing the raiders." Maybe they're fracking with the raiders too much and they've been altered? Hence why the raider scanned then withdrew?

Baltar is, well, I don't know. I naturally kept thinking of Byron. God, please don't let them start holding hands and singing. The thing that keeps me from losing faith on this character arc is that it IS Baltar. No matter what amount of good he does, he'll always be out for himself alone. I truly believe that.

Colonel Tigh's "hallucination" on the bridge was creepy. Geesh, that was messed up, but very well executed.

That's all I can think of for now. I enjoyed the heck out of it. There IS a lot going on, but I'm down with it. Started off the season running. I know Ron Moore was also a producer/writer for Carnivale and season 1 began slow, then season 2 began very much this way--with a huge bang and it never let up until the end.

They have a lot of ground to cover for this being the last season.
Old April 5th 08, 21:09   #8
Ranger1
Telepath

it was excellent, but based on last year i get the feeling it can only go downhill from here on in.

"when ejaculating, it is considered gentlemanly to avoid the eyes"

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
Ranger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th 08, 21:59   #9
GKarsEye
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1 View Post
it was excellent, but based on last year i get the feeling it can only go downhill from here on in.
Oh come on, have a little faith. There are basically the same writers all along, right? So 2 good seasons and 1 bad, which means there's a 2-in-3 chance of this season being excellent.

Believe me no one was harsher on season 3 than I, who was ready to call it quits. But time off can do wonders for the creative mind.

Ok, so...

Good episode over all. Starbuck is back and one of only two characters who I really still love (Roselyn is the other), and she's all conflicted and confused and going nuts- as long as that happens this show is still cool.

Also, she has to be the final Cylon. Barring some brilliant twist of fate, it would be the only conclusion that would make any sense- if for the only reason that she was the only human not around when Bob Dylan turned on the secret Cylons. AND she has some big "destiny" AND she somehow found earth and whatnot. The fact that she's the "obvious" choice is probably making most people assume that it's not her, but in this case the "obvious" choice would be the best one.

Baltar sucks, has been sucking for a while now.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th 08, 23:09   #10
Alluveal
Psi Cop

I didn't hate season 3. I rewatched it and I think I got much more out of it the second time. Season 3 began with such a sense of doom and urgency that you wanted things to keep rolling in the same way they did up through Exodus Part 2. Each week, I remember feeling antsy, that I wanted things to "just get there" in a sense. Now that I know how Season 3 ended, I really had a better time of it watching it again. Sure, there are some filler eps that I still could have done without (the whole boxing deal was kind of annoying.) And, the love triangle/quadrangle was still a tad irritating, but less so this time around.

But, there were some really awesome episodes in season 3. The episode where Kat dies is hands down one of my favorites. I'm still licking my wounds on that, though, I'll miss her as a character. I think Hotdog is the only one left from the original nuggets of season 1. The episode where they find the temple of Jupiter was a good one, got my intrigue up again and I believe it was also the episode where Athena had Helo shoot her so she could download on a basestar and retrieve her daughter. Good story arcs within that I somehow didn't appreciate the first time around.

If anything, I would say that parts of season 2 were the worst: Black Market was by far the bottom of the barrel for me as was the episode where Billy died.

But, all in all, I can't say I hated any season, I just found equal good and bad within.

I think it can only get better, truth be told. They know this is their last season and Moore, I believe, will push things along nicely. I hope there are less filler eps and more story-arc. I think there will be as there is much ground to cover in 21 more episodes.

I don't think Starbuck is a cylon. It's too easy, imho. Nothing is ever that easy on Galactica. If you consider the final 5, we know four of them. Each has a pretty interesting role. If they are of the cylon crowd that broke away and chose to help mankind, you have:

Anders: a public sports figure, in the spotlight. He also led the resistance on Caprica.

Chief: he keeps the birds in the air on Galactica. Good tactical position for any cylon out to help mankind. He also made one kick-ass ship (the Blackbird) which beat cylon and human dradis detection.

Tori: right hand to the president. Excellent position.

Tigh: right hand to Adama. Again, excellent position.

The fifth would have to be someone who is also in a very important and vital position--someone who is close to many major powers within the fleet. I rule out the Adama family and Roslyn because I simply don't believe the writers/creators would take such a cheap shot on that one. I rule out Starbuck because I truly believe she is something else. I rule out Cally and Helo because they have reproduced WITH cylons and it's been mentioned that cylons are incapable of reproduction amongst themselves.

Baltar, I don't think it's him because it was pretty much confirmed that he wasn't one by the cylons themselves (and hybrid) in season 3.

That leaves:

Dee
Ellen Tigh
Gaeta
Baltar
Zerrick
Billy
Kat
Doc
Kendra Shaw
Admiral Cain

Minor peeps:
Racetrack
Hotdog
Other nuggets/viper pilots, etc.

Knowing Moore, there will be a way to trace it back from the beginning (much like the whole Valen thing, had we only known or been paying attention, etc.)

Anyway, that's it for now. LOL. Thanks for indulging me on "guess the cylon."

Last edited by Alluveal; April 5th 08 at 23:18.