B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 17th 09, 20:27   #981
Bester
First One

Re: Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Interesting review of this episode:

HERE

Complete with a handy-dandy checklist of questions answered and unanswered. The only thing I think they left off their little checklist from prior interviews was the nature of the song and how it ties into the story.

The writer of that blog clearly has more faith than I do right now.
Great checklist. But if it isn't complete after the final episode you can count me out of all future RDM projects.
Old March 17th 09, 21:09   #982
Truth_Seeker
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bester View Post
Great checklist. But if it isn't complete after the final episode you can count me out of all future RDM projects.
All of us say so now but I'm sure that in one year we will all be here again discussing "Caprica".

We are just too interested in Sci-Fi to reject an entire show completely and the competition in the genre is not that much.

Of course it will be a GIANT marketing mistake if RDM doesn't reveal all of mysteries of BSG in the finale.

84 more minutes left.

Last edited by Truth_Seeker; March 17th 09 at 21:13.
Truth_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th 09, 21:15   #983
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Got this off SciFi Channel Forum, what RDM has to say about Daniel
Spoiler for :
"I should probably say as a side note, I know there's a tremendous amount of speculation out there in the internet that Kara is the daughter of Daniel, or that Daniel, Daniel being the Cylon model that was killed or destroyed or aborted or however you want to choose to define it, by Cavil, that there's a connection between Daniel and Kara and that's part of the revelations that we're going to reveal in the finale. I don't typically want to, like, put theories to rest because it kinda spoils the enjoyment and fun of people in the show. However I do think it's worth saying that that is not part of the plan. There is no connection between Kara and Daniel. And like I said I don't typically like to sort of quash rumors and theories because part of the fun of watching a series like this is coming up with your own theories and ideas. But in this particular case I don't want people to really be distracted through the finale by this other idea, which has gained a tremendous amount of currency on the internet and among fan circles. And that's probably my own fault because I don't think I realized the impact that the backstory of Daniel would have in No Exit, you know. I sort of thought that it was an interesting story about, that defined something about Brother Cavil, or John Cavil, and his backstory, and how he reacted to the threat of someone else being as beloved as he was. It was sort of a Cain and Abel type allegory. All those reasons, I thought it was an interesting piece of backstory. But in recent weeks I've realized that the cult of Daniel has grown, that there's a tremendous amount, there's a lot of people out there who are now investing a tremendous amount of time, energy and thought into the notion that Daniel is really a powerful figure in the show, and part of the mythos, and he's directly related to Kara. And, you know, I don't want anyone listening to this broadcast, podcast, I don't want you going into the finale having your Daniel hopes up too high, because that's really not part of the plan. And again I apologize if people think that was such a gigantic mislead or clue or something. That was not the intent. I don't think I anticipated how strongly that would be grabbed by people."

Last edited by Sindatur; March 17th 09 at 22:49.
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th 09, 21:32   #984
vacantlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindatur View Post
Spoiler for :
...And that's probably my own fault because I don't think I realized the impact that the backstory of Daniel would have in No Exit, you know.
'Cause you're an idiot, Ron Moore.

Quote:
...I don't want you going into the finale having your [...] hopes up too high....
Don't worry, a lot of us aren't. You're just not that good of a storyteller, unfortunately.

This makes me think even moreso that Moore's going to have the finale be some nebulously unexplained crap that he thinks is somehow grand and profound while ignoring things that need an actual explanation.

Last edited by vacantlook; March 17th 09 at 21:34.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th 09, 21:49   #985
Truth_Seeker
Telepath

Interesting statement. So he just decided to include the 13th Cylon in the final episodes of the final season for no significant reason.
Old March 17th 09, 22:12   #986
Sindatur
Techno-mage

VL, what's the code for Spoilers? I can't find help anywhere for anything, aside from Smilies in the Ancillary Forum
Old March 17th 09, 22:15   #987
Chilli
High Treason Prevention Officer

Send a message via ICQ to Chilli Send a message via MSN to Chilli

I don't know about anyone else, but I am most certainly NOT going to bother with Caprica.

Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th 09, 22:20   #988
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

I'm worried about that black hole and the theories some of the comenting parties had about it. A couple of seasons back, GKE and myself speculated that the show might end with a time warp scenario that leads to humanity travelling back in time and founding Earth and their own eventual civilizations. If that happens... it is so going to blow chunks.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th 09, 22:28   #989
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
I'm worried about that black hole and the theories some of the comenting parties had about it. A couple of seasons back, GKE and myself speculated that the show might end with a time warp scenario that leads to humanity travelling back in time and founding Earth and their own eventual civilizations. If that happens... it is so going to blow chunks.
At least that would be some kind of resolution. The more I read, the more it sounds like he has no intention of resolving anything (hopefully, it's just paranoia, and the Finale will have 1 sweeping resolution that covers about everything, 'cause I don't think there's enough airtime to hit a bunch of resolutions)
Old March 17th 09, 22:33   #990
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

It would be an utterly appalling resolution though. You can't have humanity acting like some kind of ourouboros snake. The human race has to have a point of origin.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote